THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

1st Amendment is not absolute and I'd hope a civilized society would not support hate speech. And again others being wrong should not excuse the behavior of Neo-Nazis. Steve I didn't think you'd ever join the RationalizNation.

Actually I thought that even though you were a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and and avowed Trump hater you might have the brains to not jump on this idiotic bandwagon how about supporting Nazis. But rest assured I'm not embarrassed or ashamed by any of your ridiculous charges that you parrot from the alt left. I have no more love and respect for La Raza or BLM or the Panthers or antifa or any of these left-wing piece of shit groups than I do for the Klan. If you choose to that's your own decision.

WSS

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. Wait until you have the brains to explain that difference. Until then just keep whining about how unfair everybody is to you. That really is your Forte.

WSS

Yeah... I'm need to get better at explaining things back at a 1st grade level. My bad

Yeah... I'm need to get better at explaining things back at a 1st grade level. My bad

You know woody it's not hate speech legislation that's the problem, it's about how someone like yourself would interpret said legislation. For instance, if I head over to the evergreen college thread your response to banning certain races, for holding people of a certain race against their will, and spitting some nasty racial propaganda was "well it is 98% liberal arts ya know, what do you expect?". Thats not close to the same outrage your expecting from Charlottesville. Should I actually expect equal representation under stricter hate speech laws given that predominant attitude on the left? Thats laughable at this point.

You're being very flippant about a form of racism and demanding others not be. I don't remember people calling for stricter hate crime legislation when the kids in Chicago did the facebook beating, only to enforce the law equally. And there was no resounding consensus of "Oh yeah that's definitely a hate crime" from the left. Some did, but your expectations are not to even mention the other racists there in Charlottesville as that's a form of deflection and ultimately the calling card a of a racist to you. Full disclosure is now a form of racism?? Really??

That approach is to very subtly hide racism with more obvious racism. It's very, in nature, deceitful because it's not about solving anything, but rather to tip an imaginary scale that isn't very uneven to begin with.

I think Trump was right to call out the violence on both sides in Charlottseville. All the fake outrage was Trump hating nonsense over that. The huge mistake by Trump was saying there were some fine people carrying torches. There are some fine people on both sides of the issue of removing confederate statues but they were not in the torch bearing racist and nazi chanting crowd. These were evil and i was stunned Trump would say there were some fine people in that crowd. No the fine people would not have come near a bunch of racist and nazi sympathizers and marched with them

Toy Company Fires Employee For Condemning Antifa

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/toy-company-reprimands-employee-for-condemning-antifa/

The liberals are all for free speech as long as it goes along with what they believe.

He's more than welcome to say what he wants, and he did.

And his employer is more than welcome to fire him if they believe he's costing them business

You know woody it's not hate speech legislation that's the problem, it's about how someone like yourself would interpret said legislation. For instance, if I head over to the evergreen college thread your response to banning certain races, for holding people of a certain race against their will, and spitting some nasty racial propaganda was "well it is 98% liberal arts ya know, what do you expect?". Thats not close to the same outrage your expecting from Charlottesville. Should I actually expect equal representation under stricter hate speech laws given that predominant attitude on the left? Thats laughable at this point.

You're being very flippant about a form of racism and demanding others not be. I don't remember people calling for stricter hate crime legislation when the kids in Chicago did the facebook beating, only to enforce the law equally. And there was no resounding consensus of "Oh yeah that's definitely a hate crime" from the left. Some did, but your expectations are not to even mention the other racists there in Charlottesville as that's a form of deflection and ultimately the calling card a of a racist to you. Full disclosure is now a form of racism?? Really??

That approach is to very subtly hide racism with more obvious racism. It's very, in nature, deceitful because it's not about solving anything, but rather to tip an imaginary scale that isn't very uneven to begin with.

I think some of the Evergreen stuff, and your recollection, is overblown. You're also comparing that to Nazis that injured and killed someone. And my response was that it's a 98% acceptance rate LAC. That's probably the breeding ground for actual purple hair SJWs. The whole thing was dumb and those kids were obviously taking it too far. Actual pissy snowflakes.

Of course, the response to the much worse Alt Right thing has been a bunch of threads and posts about how the left is actually to blame... Just saying.

I'm not sure why you're talking about hate crime legislation. I've already said there is a difference between "Blacks bad" and "Remove blacks from white America". I think if you're inciting criminal acts like that it becomes hate speech. Not sure. (Yes, slow down Cowboy, I realize far left protestors have said awful things. Blacks owned slaves too, omg).

I expect woody like most people who seem to believe that white racism is the biggest problem in the country are not subconsciously afraid that neo Nazis will beat and torture him (or worse) on video for the world to masturbate over while they feign outrage

When did I say anything close to "white racism is the biggest problem in this country." Go find it. I can wait.

Damn... You've been all pissy with me lately. Now you're pulling out tactics from posters on this board you're better than.

At least you aren't posting all of the bar things liberals do after a right wing terrorist incident...

In a country that supposedly prides itself on free speech the intolerant left in this country have done a great job in shutting down any speech they don't like or agree with. That man said nothing wrong. When it is wrong to condemn violence? I guess when the violent is committed by the left that is acceptable. Google just fired an engineer for daring to have a non politically correct view. It is sad to see what is going on today. The leftist thought police will go to employers and make demands and business owners will cave to avoid any controversy:

Liberal ‘think tank’ TARGETING ad revenue of conservative websites…

http://therightscoop.com/liberal-think-tank-targeting-ad-revenue-of-conservative-websites/

He's more than welcome to say what he wants, and he did.

And his employer is more than welcome to fire him if they believe he's costing them business

In a country that supposedly prides itself on free speech the intolerant left in this country have done a great job in shutting down any speech they don't like or agree with. That man said nothing wrong. When it is wrong to condemn violence? I guess when the violent is committed by the left that is acceptable. Google just fired an engineer for daring to have a non politically correct view. It is sad to see what is going on today. The leftist thought police will go to employers and make demands and business owners will cave to avoid any controversy:

Liberal ‘think tank’ TARGETING ad revenue of conservative websites…

http://therightscoop...ative-websites/

Liberal think tank TARGETING ad revenue of conservative websites

http://therightscoop...ative-websites/

Read more: http://therightscoop.../#ixzz4q9vvESSw

The Engineer said more than "men and women are a little different". And AGAIN, Google has a right to do what they think is best for their company.

The link doesn't tell us what type of websites that was sent to or what actually happened.

What is wrong with telling the truth?

The article I read said he was fired for condemning the violence of the left.

What did the company that fired him say?

It has come to our attention that one of our employees became involved in a series of controversial posts on social media, wrote Pugh. We are deeply embarrassed that our company name has been associated with these statements. Reapers culture values diversity and equality, and we do not support, condone, or agree in any way with the views the employee expressed in that discussion. We are reviewing the matter and taking appropriate action.

What did the company that fired him say?

It has come to our attention that one of our employees became involved in a series of controversial posts on social media, wrote Pugh. We are deeply embarrassed that our company name has been associated with these statements. Reapers culture values diversity and equality, and we do not support, condone, or agree in any way with the views the employee expressed in that discussion. We are reviewing the matter and taking appropriate action.

The article said it was leftists (progressives) who didn't agree with him calling out the antifa for their own violence that they went crying to the boss and got the guy fired.

"The Westboro Baptist Church uses this right to assemble often, and even though their speech is truly disgusting and offensive to most people in the world, their exercise of their rights has been in line with the constitution to date."

Just wanted you to reread a piece of what you just linked. Doesn't seem to be a good choice to make your point.

Again the entirety of the article was freedom of speech isn't absolute, that was the point not trying to define what violates the first amendment. You might want to read my posts.

Actually I thought that even though you were a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and and avowed Trump hater you might have the brains to not jump on this idiotic bandwagon how about supporting Nazis. But rest assured I'm not embarrassed or ashamed by any of your ridiculous charges that you parrot from the alt left. I have no more love and respect for La Raza or BLM or the Panthers or antifa or any of these left-wing piece of shit groups than I do for the Klan. If you choose to that's your own decision.

WSS

It's about condemning all of it and that's where libertarians miss the boat.

Toy Company Fires Employee For Condemning Antifa

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/toy-company-reprimands-employee-for-condemning-antifa/

The liberals are all for free speech as long as it goes along with what they believe.

liberals thrive on personal power and political advantage. I knew a gal once that had al gore pics and articles all over

the fiber wall around her cubicle. She actually went and complained to higher ups, about a picture of Bush on somebody's wall, and complained that she asked who I was voting for in the elevator, and I said it was not gore..... she complained that I was

offending her with political canvassing at work. I ended up explaining, she had to take all her gore political stuff off her walls,

and she got a letter of reprimand.

"bitch" They do this stuff out of personal problems...surely. Makes NO sense.

The Engineer said more than "men and women are a little different". And AGAIN, Google has a right to do what they think is best for their company.

The link doesn't tell us what type of websites that was sent to or what actually happened.

so google can fire gays, trans and you are fine with that?

I think some of the Evergreen stuff, and your recollection, is overblown. You're also comparing that to Nazis that injured and killed someone. And my response was that it's a 98% acceptance rate LAC. That's probably the breeding ground for actual purple hair SJWs. The whole thing was dumb and those kids were obviously taking it too far. Actual pissy snowflakes.

Of course, the response to the much worse Alt Right thing has been a bunch of threads and posts about how the left is actually to blame... Just saying.

I'm not sure why you're talking about hate crime legislation. I've already said there is a difference between "Blacks bad" and "Remove blacks from white America". I think if you're inciting criminal acts like that it becomes hate speech. Not sure. (Yes, slow down Cowboy, I realize far left protestors have said awful things. Blacks owned slaves too, omg).

Ha cowboy?!?! That's funny.

It's all good. If you come to the Texans game I'll drink a beer with you anyway. You look for the guy in the cowboy hat and I'll look for the guy in the bike helmet.

Archived