THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

If you watch the original press conference you will find he is in fact speaking about the Friday night torchlight rally. That was the context. However since I'm becoming increasingly convinced Trump has some early dementia issues going on, I could actually give him a break and say he got it somewhat confused with some of the daytime clashes. But whatever the case, he linked it that way whether intentionally or due to deficits. Either reason is equally disturbing in it's own right.

The first minute is him speaking about Friday specifically. You can watch the rest if you want, but most is commentary.

https://youtu.be/sBlnqLqUCJk?t=4m24s

If he was speaking off the cuff (which he was) it would not be hard for anyone to make a mistake. Obama all the time would do this when he got off script. After seeing the video with the audio and hearing the chants of those with the torches I don't see how you could say there were good in bad in that bunch. They are all bad, the good ones would have left and not been a part of it. I think most if not all of the leftist criticism of Trump has been a bunch of rubbish from those who cannot accept the election results but this one is disturbing to me. The double standards on race though are amazing. HIllary Clinton praises former grand wizard KKK Robert Byrd as her mentor and says other glowing things about him and it doesn't even make much of a ripple in the liberal media and you know good and well that a republican would have never gotten away with making that statement.:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However there is this showing that people actually can change. BTW that KKK suit is a photoshop. He dropped his membership in 1952.

"Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."[20] In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[21] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[22] Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[11]

However there is this showing that people actually can change. BTW that KKK suit is a photoshop.

"Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."[20] In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[21] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[22] Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[11]

And how many times has Trump disavowed David Duke and white supremacists? Many times through the years he has called them out.

Watch the Amazing History Of Donald Trump Denouncing David Duke and the KKK

Byrd was not a former Grand Wizard. Fake news.

And once again when current criticism of Trump comes out we hear the usual attempts to deflect the conversation......................................."but Hillary".

And once again I will continue to say this is about Trump who is president, not Hillarity who is not.

And once again when current criticism of Trump comes out we here the usual attempts to deflect the conversation......................................."but Hillary".

And once again I will continue to say this is about Trump who is president, not Hillarity who is not.

And Trump winning is the main problem with the left who cannot accept the fact they were defeated by Trump in 16. If Trump would not have won then Hillary Clinton would have been president and I am pointing out the skeletons in her closet the liberal media either hide or minimize.

Also Byrd was not a grand dragon of the KKK (my mistake) but an "exalted cyclops" in the KKK whatever that means but still despicable non the less. I

Of all the nonsense being thrown at Trump over Charlottesville there is one part of the rubbish that disturbs me and that is Trump saying there were good and bad people in the torch march. They were all bad people. Even those who were not making the despicable chants were marching with those who were so I condemn them all. I won't even give them the benefit of the doubt. I think Trump made a terrible mistake in saying there were good and bad people in that march and I would like to see him take that back.

And once again when current criticism of Trump comes out we hear the usual attempts to deflect the conversation......................................."but Hillary".

And once again I will continue to say this is about Trump who is president, not Hillarity who I supported..

Fixed it for you.

WSS

Fixed it for you.

WSS

LOL! :D Let's at least be accurate. I did not support Trump who I feared would do exactly as he has done. In this state there was no alternative for President other than Hillarity. Had I had any other viable choice I would have gone there. Libertarian? Green Party? Not me!

See any good write-ins here? :Phttps://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/pv-mock-election/forms/2016-declared-write-in-candidates.pdf

Your assessment is not based on fact because those circumstances never came to pass. Your assessment is based on speculation.

And the speculation isn't even based on fact.

As I said before and you choose to ignore oil would soon replace cotton as the commodity of the day. The need for human labor would drop drastically. So why bear the expense and danger of keeping slaves?

WSS

No, the Missouri Compromise, Kansas-Nebraska Act and "Bleeding Kansas" were facts. Because of them the war "came to pass." It is called history. Your speculation that slavery would be gone "soon enough" is, quite simply, speculation. Your speculation never "came to pass" in actual history because the war stopped it first. See how that works?

Also, why "bear the expense and danger of keeping slaves"? Ludicrous question, considering they wrecked their new-born Confederacy and killed hundreds of thousands of their own men just to KEEP SLAVES. Why do that? For the historical reasons I cited in earlier posts.

I would like to point out though that it's pretty obvious that the president said nothing wrong and there is blame on both sides for the violent Clash. Even Woody seems to think so except that he'll probably change that because it means that he has to agree with me or the president. So exactly what is this battle over?

WSS

I realize it may be hard for you and others on here to follow, but it's possible to agree with ideas and actions, regardless of political party. Half of this board would find a way to disagree with Hillary saying 2+2=4.

When Trump says climate change is a hoax created by the Chinese I don't disagree because Trump said it. I disagree because it's a stupid thing to say.

I realize it may be hard for you and others on here to follow, but it's possible to agree with ideas and actions, regardless of political party. Half of this board would find a way to disagree with Hillary saying 2+2=4.

When Trump says climate change is a hoax created by the Chinese I don't disagree because Trump said it. I disagree because it's a stupid thing to say.

no, you disagree because you are a wannabe antifa woman woodypeckerhead.

Global warming WTF? Anyway of course it's hard to understand because you spend most of your time brainlessly bickering sort of like a Cleve Lite.

This entire Firestorm is due to the fact that Trump dared to say there is blame on both sides for the violence.

WSS

I don't have much in common with the ACLU except on the matter of free speech where their view is spot on. The answer to speech you find offensive is not to try and shut it down but more speech. The answer to the KKK and neo nazis is not to go to their rallies with clubs and weapons but to hold counter rallies against them and peacefully protest This is where the leftist antifa are as bad as any other hate group and should be held responsible for what happened in Charlottseville as much as the white supremacists.

Plain and simple - the left wants only the white sups and neonazis mentioned and blamed, so they

can go ballistic with their hate Trump for winning false narratives.

but both sides were scum, both went looking for serious trouble. They found it.

New York Times: Some Charlottesville Protesters Were Not White Supremacists, Nazis

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/17/new-york-times-charlottesville-protesters-not-white-supremacists-nazis/

Interesting and seems to go along with what Trump said about good and bad people on both sides. I still believe good and evil do not mix and I would never be anywhere near racists and bigots for any cause. There is a guilt by association. I think there are good people on both sides of this debate but the KKK, white supremacists and neo nazis aren't any part of it. And neither is the communist anarchist antifa.

im pretty sure that within the 10 pages or so it is clear that you walked back the "you are all nazi sympathizers"

to pretty much the middle ground and the agreeable side.

.... I really just don't think you're following along. Maybe I could have been more clear in the parody. Not sure.

LOL! :D Let's at least be accurate. I did not support Trump who I feared would do exactly as he has done. In this state there was no alternative for President other than Hillarity. Had I had any other viable choice I would have gone there. Libertarian? Green Party? Not me!

See any good write-ins here? :Phttps://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/pv-mock-election/forms/2016-declared-write-in-candidates.pdf

What has he done, exactly?

Archived