THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

No it is not fake news.

Actually the disgusting part is that the man said absolutely nothing offensive. Yes the violence was caused by two groups clashing one that came with a permit and the other with baseball bats to attack the others. One fucking asshole came down from Ohio, probably a Michigan fan seeing as how he's from Toledo, and killed a person and he should be hanged for it. But to say that there's violence on both sides is extremely true.

Now these so-called Business Leaders are again scared shitless of people like Al Sharpton so they are falling all over themselves to do the wrong thing. Fuck them.

They are afraid of their own shadows and being called racists by some of the worst racists in the world. It really does suck and you really should understand it.

WSS

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump is just speaking the plain truth that the violence was on both sides. The Trump haters are going to pick him apart whatever he says. Trump specifically calls out the neo nazis and KKK as being evil and I don't know what else he can do or say to denounce them.

One thing I think Trump didn't say very well was that there were good people on both sides. I am sure he was meaning those people who are not racists but want the confederate statues to remain for heritage/historical reasons and have nothing to do with the white supremacist groups. He should have made that more clear as there are no good people in the KKK, white supremacist groups or neo nazis.

And yet not only did he not condemn BLM after police officers were murdered by them but he invited the motherfuckers to the White House and Hillary dragged them up on stage with her.

WSS

Again not defending it. But again why does Obama's missteps excuse Trump"s?

Actually the disgusting part is that the man said absolutely nothing offensive. Yes the violence was caused by two groups clashing one that came with a permit and the other with baseball bats to attack the others. One fucking asshole came down from Ohio, probably a Michigan fan seeing as how he's from Toledo, and killed a person and he should be hanged for it. But to say that there's violence on both sides is extremely true.

Now these so-called Business Leaders are again scared shitless of people like Al Sharpton so they are falling all over themselves to do the wrong thing. Fuck them.

They are afraid of their own shadows and being called racists by some of the worst racists in the world. It really does suck and you really should understand it.

WSS

Came with a permit... And Shields and clubs and guns

One thing I think Trump didn't say very well was that there were good people on both sides. I am sure he was meaning those people who are not racists but want the confederate statues to remain for heritage/historical reasons and have nothing to do with the white supremacist groups. He should have made that more clear as there are no good people in the KKK, white supremacist groups or neo nazis.

More unfortunately he was speaking specifically about the Friday night torchlight rally when talking about good people within that march who just want the statues of our heritage to remain. And anyone with a lick of sense that actually fit that bill would have just left when the Nazi chants started. So I think he is dead wrong that there were any good people there interested only in preserving history. I qualify 3 times over to join the Sons of the Confederacy, but I have no doubt this is just a cover for a racist group and not history buffs per se. So I don't join and I don't attend though I love reading Civil War history. No "good people" with a brain would ever find themselves marching in torchlight parades like Friday's and no one with a brain would think there were any good people there either.

More unfortunately he was speaking specifically about the Friday night torchlight rally when talking about good people within that march who just want the statues of our heritage to remain. And anyone with a lick of sense that actually fit that bill would have just left when the Nazi chants started. So I think he is dead wrong that there were any good people there interested only in preserving history. I qualify 3 times over to join the Sons of the Confederacy, but I have no doubt this is just a cover for a racist group and not history buffs per se. So I don't join and I don't attend though I love reading Civil War history. No "good people" with a brain would ever find themselves marching in torchlight parades like Friday's and no one with a brain would think there were any good people there either.

I'm not going to disagree with you if that is the case. I heard enough of the sickening chants by the torch bearers and you are right no good person would be associated with that. Is that what Trump was speaking about though or was it more general that on the issue of the confederate statues/memorials and their staying or being taken down there are good people on both sides of this issue. I would agree with that.

He said there was blame on both sides.

There was.

And is.

WSS

No Antifa didn't bring clubs, they were club-like pinatas filled with love that pours out when it slams against the human head. Not the same thing.

Can't we just line both sides up and run them all over equally and without prejudice this time. We can get a circus bear to drive the car so there are no winners.

you don't learn well. we've been over this before, woodypeckerhead.

there are more than one legit use of quotes.

I was a speech major/English minor. or maybe that was English major/Speech minor.

You were an engineering student. Quit your ignorant chirping and STFCU.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/13/notes-charlottesville-state-emergency/

"The two sides are mirror images of each other, and both have an interest in making our politics devolve into street fighting."

I agree with a lot said in that article. I'm surprised you do as well considering it doesn't paint everything on the Right as correct.

you don't learn well. we've been over this before, woodypeckerhead.

there are more than one legit use of quotes.

I was a speech major/English minor. or maybe that was English major/Speech minor.

You were an engineering student. Quit your ignorant chirping and STFCU.

We can just say you have poor reading comprehension then if that makes you feel better

Here's a witness who says the truth- it wasn't just the stupid white supremists and neonazi nutjobs....

it was also antifa and blm. the latter having weapons, including jars of acid, etc.

Trump was absolutely correct to blast both sides.

http://www.theblaze.com/podcasts/this-eyewitness-to-the-violence-in-charlottesville-tells-his-story/

"Chris Salcedo welcomed an eyewitness on today’s “Chris Salcedo Show.” Lee, who only used his first name because he fears extremist retaliation, says he is not a white supremacist. He joined Unite the Right’s efforts to protect a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee with a group of multi-racial persons who wanted to preserve a historical monument.

He said he and his companions – black, Hispanic, and mixed ethnicity – ultimately felt duped when they realized the event “definitely wasn’t as advertised.” He also said the left leaning protesters there were armed with bottles of acid and balloons filled with paint and urine, as well as other substances he thought might be chemical drain opener."

fyi, there is a student at Nevada and a student at WSU (Rep. Club President there) that have been identified as attending the rally. People have called for the schools to expel them. So far, both released statements that they won't and that it's the student's right to protest and assemble. Just FYI...

Also, does anyone see anything wrong with twitter users identifying people in photos that are white nationalists? Any problem with companies than firing these people?

I don't. Assuming they're just providing a name. I wouldn't want to employee a known Nazi, bad for business.

(and yes, thus goes for any far left violent group as well)

Here's a witness who says the truth- it wasn't just the stupid white supremists and neonazi nutjobs....

it was also antifa and blm. the latter having weapons, including jars of acid, etc.

Trump was absolutely correct to blast both sides.

http://www.theblaze....ells-his-story/

"Chris Salcedo welcomed an eyewitness on today’s “Chris Salcedo Show.” Lee, who only used his first name because he fears extremist retaliation, says he is not a white supremacist. He joined Unite the Right’s efforts to protect a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee with a group of multi-racial persons who wanted to preserve a historical monument.

He said he and his companions – black, Hispanic, and mixed ethnicity – ultimately felt duped when they realized the event “definitely wasn’t as advertised.” He also said the left leaning protesters there were armed with bottles of acid and balloons filled with paint and urine, as well as other substances he thought might be chemical drain opener."

Neither group should be acting violent towards the other.

But I think it is also important to remember one side in this conflict are literally Nazis spouting hate speech. Not the "everyone that disagrees with me is a Nazi" BS we see on this board, but actual white nationalist, "Jews and niggers need cleansed from our white society", Nazis

I'm not going to disagree with you if that is the case. I heard enough of the sickening chants by the torch bearers and you are right no good person would be associated with that. Is that what Trump was speaking about though or was it more general that on the issue of the confederate statues/memorials and their staying or being taken down there are good people on both sides of this issue. I would agree with that.

If you watch the original press conference you will find he is in fact speaking about the Friday night torchlight rally. That was the context. However since I'm becoming increasingly convinced Trump has some early dementia issues going on, I could actually give him a break and say he got it somewhat confused with some of the daytime clashes. But whatever the case, he linked it that way whether intentionally or due to deficits. Either reason is equally disturbing in it's own right.

The first minute is him speaking about Friday specifically. You can watch the rest if you want, but most is commentary.

https://youtu.be/sBlnqLqUCJk?t=4m24s

Just a bit of a laugh.

https://youtu.be/ZVGsb5kjXlQ?t=5m50s

The shame of all this is that there really are a lot of very good people, including a lot of folks here, who have supported him come hell or high water. Many of my personal friends fall in that category as you would expect from an extremely Republican state. As each week goes by they look at the ground more and more while trying to defend his latest fiasco that now seems to occur almost daily. They increasingly try to deflect with the "but Hillary......." which has nothing to do with Trump's craziness.

I have a survivalist brother (the former B-52 nuke driver) that is so far alt-right that he makes Trump defenders here look like a bunch of pinko communists. He sent me an this email this week: "The good thing is that you no longer have to be viewed as an alarmist or a "survivalist". You can just say "Now that we have Trump, so this is a logical precaution.". Who said he wouldn't bring this country together? LOL!"

My reply: "Who is this? What have you done with my brother? :P "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like to point out though that it's pretty obvious that the president said nothing wrong and there is blame on both sides for the violent Clash. Even Woody seems to think so except that he'll probably change that because it means that he has to agree with me or the president. So exactly what is this battle over?

WSS

Archived