Sign in to follow this  
htownbrown

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

Canton Dawg    269

He's a public figure for a company and posted a meme on the most public of places calling Obama a Muslim and Hilary a pig.

You mean they're not? News to me.

Canton Dawg    269

Help me understand how one Muslim terrorist doesn't represent all Muslims, but one White Supremacist idiot represents all Trump voters??

tiamat63    356

Help me understand how one Muslim terrorist doesn't represent all Muslims, but one White Supremacist idiot represents all Trump voters??

Neither do. You're listening to the wrong people.

MLD Woody    352

I don't believe anyone on here said that...

Westside Steve    1,719

And Charles Barkley is exactly right. I would wager that none of us have spent a second worrying about these things or the Confederate flag on the car in the Dukes of Hazzard or a Lynyrd Skynyrd album jacket or any of this shit until some assholes in the media told us we should be outraged.

WSS

Westside Steve    1,719

It's about condemning all of it and that's where libertarians miss the boat.

Libertarians? Why them?

WSS

MLD Woody    352

I'm not from the South and I've never lived there. But whenever I see someone with a big Confederate flag on their pickup up north, I generally assume they're a douchebag

MLD Woody    352

You care so little there's a whole song about it

Riiiiight

BaconHound    94

I read your post and the article. I agree we should discourage hate speech, but the article states it's perfectly within your rights short of defamation or threats. I know the the link was for absolute freedom of speech, but it completely shit all over the point of YOUR post. So it was a shitty example to use for YOUR post.

The point of my post was the 1st Amendment is not absolute, Axe said it is, the link was to show even the Blaze runs items saying it isn't. There are multiple discussion occurring within this thread and my stance is pretty clear. The 1st Amendment isn't absolute and even if we've yet to legislate against hate speech I believe reasonable people can identify it and should vocally discourage it. I feel that we, as a culture, should look at each act as independent and judge it as such. Rationalizing improper behavior because "look at what this person did" is destroying our country. The idea of objective prosecution should be applied to all walks of life.

Westside Steve    1,719

Jimmy has an answer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has absolutely nothing to do with his politics because there are plenty of talented people who are left-wing wackjobs but how the fuck does this no-talent POS get a late-night television gig? Seriously?

WSS

htownbrown    60

The point of my post was the 1st Amendment is not absolute, Axe said it is, the link was to show even the Blaze runs items saying it isn't. There are multiple discussion occurring within this thread and my stance is pretty clear. The 1st Amendment isn't absolute and even if we've yet to legislate against hate speech I believe reasonable people can identify it and should vocally discourage it. I feel that we, as a culture, should look at each act as independent and judge it as such. Rationalizing improper behavior because "look at what this person did" is destroying our country. The idea of objective prosecution should be applied to all walks of life.

So if our non-absolute language banned the n-word would you unbiasedly, from a neutral perspective, equally prosecute a black man the same as a white man for saying it?

• Upvote 1

BaconHound    94

So if our non-absolute language banned the n-word would you unbiasedly, from a neutral perspective, equally prosecute a black man the same as a white man for saying it?

Lady Justice is blind for a reason. If something is deemed illegal, race is irrelevant.

If you are asking me my opinion based on the current laws concerning the n-word, I don't like when anyone says regardless of race.

Clevfan4life    285
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Westside Steve said:

And Charles Barkley is exactly right. I would wager that none of us have spent a second worrying about these things or the Confederate flag on the car in the Dukes of Hazzard or a Lynyrd Skynyrd album jacket or any of this shit until some assholes in the media told us we should be outraged.

WSS

watch this before you take Barkely to the root while making eye contact......