THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

Listening to Barkley explaining that he wants the same things out of life as anyone else, ie happiness, family etc, etc......was one of the most cringy things I've ever watched. It's embarrassing that a white person had to be explained that. Any support of any protest that was either started or sanctioned by Spencer or anyone associated with him even loosely.....you're signing yourself to this cause. 

Next time these people bitch about a town or city that excercised it's democratic rights by voting to rename a park or remove a statue......I simply don't...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Listening to Barkley explaining that he wants the same things out of life as anyone else, ie happiness, family etc, etc......was one of the most cringy things I've ever watched. It's embarrassing that a white person had to be explained that. Any support of any protest that was either started or sanctioned by Spencer or anyone associated with him even loosely.....you're signing yourself to this cause. 

Next time these people bitch about a town or city that excercised it's democratic rights by voting to rename a park or remove a statue......I simply don't...

I see you are all about state rights now. Did you receive a Blow To The Head during your absence or just a change of heart?

I guess if the State of Arizona doesn't want a national holiday for Martin Luther King or perhaps some City would like to have a cross or a book that looks like the Bible on their Town emblem or a particular State wants to Outlaw abortion, establish Sharia law or lower the drinking age back to 18 or eliminate affirmative action or outlaw abortion and gay marriage or keep bathroom facilities gender-specific you are now a man of the people.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I see you are all about state rights now. Did you receive a Blow To The Head during your absence or just a change of heart?

I guess if the State of Arizona doesn't want a national holiday for Martin Luther King or perhaps some City would like to have a cross or a book that looks like the Bible on their Town emblem or a particular State wants to Outlaw abortion, establish Sharia law or lower the drinking age back to 18 or eliminate affirmative action or outlaw abortion and gay marriage or keep bathroom facilities gender-specific you are now a man of the people.

WSS

I've always said some issues are local and others are federal Steve typical. If Arizona doesn't want to celebrate MLK day, which you know they will cause it's just got damn day off nobody gives a fuck...than fine. Issues like abortion and gay rights are a bit more complicated, do yourself a favor and leave the more capable minds to ponder them. 

In any case, none of that applies to the Charlottesville case because it was a statue on Charlottesville property and the upkeep paid for by Charlottesville residents. There is no avenue to conceive that this is anything but a local issue. NO ONE else has any skin in this game. Destroying the statue outright might be a different matter because it was built a long time ago not by Charlottesville residents. And ofc that's a non issue either because they just wanted to move it. And rename the fucking park. That's it. Non issue except to easily perturbated old people who's life extension pharmaceuticals have robbed their brains of the ability to rationalize correctly. 

Archived