THE BROWNS BOARD

Wtf is happening in Charlottesville?

htownbrown

Again the entirety of the article was freedom of speech isn't absolute, that was the point not trying to define what violates the first amendment. You might want to read my posts.

I read your post and the article. I agree we should discourage hate speech, but the article states it's perfectly within your rights short of defamation or threats. I know the the link was for absolute freedom of speech, but it completely shit all over the point of YOUR post. So it was a shitty example to use for YOUR post.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Charles Barkley is exactly right. I would wager that none of us have spent a second worrying about these things or the Confederate flag on the car in the Dukes of Hazzard or a Lynyrd Skynyrd album jacket or any of this shit until some assholes in the media told us we should be outraged.

WSS

I read your post and the article. I agree we should discourage hate speech, but the article states it's perfectly within your rights short of defamation or threats. I know the the link was for absolute freedom of speech, but it completely shit all over the point of YOUR post. So it was a shitty example to use for YOUR post.

The point of my post was the 1st Amendment is not absolute, Axe said it is, the link was to show even the Blaze runs items saying it isn't. There are multiple discussion occurring within this thread and my stance is pretty clear. The 1st Amendment isn't absolute and even if we've yet to legislate against hate speech I believe reasonable people can identify it and should vocally discourage it. I feel that we, as a culture, should look at each act as independent and judge it as such. Rationalizing improper behavior because "look at what this person did" is destroying our country. The idea of objective prosecution should be applied to all walks of life.

The point of my post was the 1st Amendment is not absolute, Axe said it is, the link was to show even the Blaze runs items saying it isn't. There are multiple discussion occurring within this thread and my stance is pretty clear. The 1st Amendment isn't absolute and even if we've yet to legislate against hate speech I believe reasonable people can identify it and should vocally discourage it. I feel that we, as a culture, should look at each act as independent and judge it as such. Rationalizing improper behavior because "look at what this person did" is destroying our country. The idea of objective prosecution should be applied to all walks of life.

So if our non-absolute language banned the n-word would you unbiasedly, from a neutral perspective, equally prosecute a black man the same as a white man for saying it?

So if our non-absolute language banned the n-word would you unbiasedly, from a neutral perspective, equally prosecute a black man the same as a white man for saying it?

Lady Justice is blind for a reason. If something is deemed illegal, race is irrelevant.

If you are asking me my opinion based on the current laws concerning the n-word, I don't like when anyone says regardless of race.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Westside Steve said:

And Charles Barkley is exactly right. I would wager that none of us have spent a second worrying about these things or the Confederate flag on the car in the Dukes of Hazzard or a Lynyrd Skynyrd album jacket or any of this shit until some assholes in the media told us we should be outraged.

WSS

watch this before you take Barkely to the root while making eye contact......

Archived