THE BROWNS BOARD

Be honest, How does everybody feel about Brock as a starter

medicineman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of QBs got traded, let go etc. and did well after not being so great the first time around. Ever hear of Brett Favre? Len Dawson? Jim Plunkett? Ron Jaworski? John Unitas? Sonny Jurgenson? Tobin Rote? Fran Tarkenton? Drew Brees? Brad Johnson? Steve Young? --it happens.

What about Doug Williams?

I've seen enough of Brock Osweler the last two years and think he is not even mediocre. He's had a few good moments for example, the win against the Patriots in the snow. But when he started for the Texans he stunk! He had arguably one of the best receivers DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller and a decent running game but he looked horrible all year.

I don't think he's our future and hope the Browns will finally make a commitment to Kizer this year. What do we have to lose? I'm not interested in the Brian Hoyer- Josh McCown veteran bridge gap approach that hasn't worked. It's a waste of time for the players and the fans.

I think it's time to play your rookies and let them develop chemistry that pays off in the near future.

Kizer has more upside, hes younger, better athlete, and he should be the starter.

Give the fans something to be excited about after years of poor drafts, give us something better than Osweiler and do it now! Other teams are starting rookies, what's wrong with starting Kizer?

Believe me he's light years better than Kessler, Osweiler, Hogan (which isn't saying much) but at least we will know if he's our guy before the 2018 draft.

If he stinks then next year's draft is QB loaded. But he doesn't stink and is a natural born leader.

Kizer

Now go watch the Bears game and tell me they're not going to start Trubisky come the regular season. Trubisky, Watson and Kizer will start and will win games. I assure you!

I really think they wanted him to play well enough for a possible trade to the Colts or Ravens

Dude...................how fucking idiotic is that? Nobody wanted the fuckstick. Not then, not now. And think about it....what if what you pondered is true? What the fuck does that say about Hue? You let your better guy sit because you want to showcase the turd you picked up?

Fucking idiotic head coach. the fucking cocksucker is incapable of making a right call. RG3, and now this bullshit.

This long post would be much more valid if Osweiler was named game one starter. As of now, though, he isnt. It's a preseason game and he'll be out in three or four drives, then Kizer will take over for probably two full quarters.

The starter of this game doesn't matter.

Kizer is still this team's future and Hue knows that. That's why he's going to be out there the longest, against mostly backups and maybe a scattered starter.

I must agree 100%. It didn't work with Hoyer, McCown and it's not going to work with Osweiler or Kessler. Osweiler is a joke and Kessler is a pretty good backup we should keep behind Kizer.

Since 2011 Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, RG3, Andrew Luck, Derek Carr, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz have all started in their rookie years. What are the Browns waiting for? Take the plunge Hue! Anything is better than going 1-15 with the group from last year.

Trade Osweiler as soon as another QB goes down or Cutler sucks it up, Keep Kessler and start Kizer! The worst that can happen is we have a top 5 pick in a loaded 2018 Draft.

Dude...................how fucking idiotic is that? Nobody wanted the fuckstick. Not then, not now. And think about it....what if what you pondered is true? What the fuck does that say about Hue? You let your better guy sit because you want to showcase the turd you picked up?

Fucking idiotic head coach. the fucking cocksucker is incapable of making a right call. RG3, and now this bullshit.

Desparation can be our friend, if Lucks out 6 games they will be desperate. If Flaccos back issue lingers and they are stuck with Mallet same deal. Mallet makes Os look like a hall of famer.

I mean, look at it this way: at one time you really sucked swamp water as a poster on this board, but you have improved over the last few years. So, you see, it can happen!!

And, just like most of your claims, the stats don't back that up.

No stats involved....it is the sum, substance and content that is the evidence. ;)

Right on your mother cunt. Dude, what yu mean to say is..... GHOOLIE WAS RIGHT................... HUE WAS WRONG.

Ohhh Oooohh Ooooooooooh. now Kize earned he start

WHAT KIND OF AN DUMB COCKSUCKER MORTHERFUCKER even wastes time with Ass Oiler?

Well....when you give 5 different opinions about the same subject, you may have a chance of being right on one of them.

I mean, its like laying down a 2 dollar bet on every single horse in a race and then saying: see, I was right, I won!

None of the Brown's QB's looked impressive last night, but it IS just preseason.

At the risk of sounding like a fisherman (you know the one that got away) did anyone besides myself, keep an eye on how Mitch played last night?

I thought all the QBs were OK, there were drops that muted all the QBs performances. Brock should have had a TD, I believe he also had another well thrown ball dropped. Kessler had a ball dropped by Hall at the end of half that would have put them in FG position. It was a well thrown ball too. I liked the way Kizer moved in the pocket on a couple of his throws and like the pump fakes too. Also the penalties to me killed some of the drives and forced them into some predictable pass situations.

Brock looked uncomfortable like he was struggling with decisions and plays. I'm not encouraged by what I saw of him last night. I also don't see much that a young QB should be learning from. Kizer looked like the starter to me.

not defending but brock only had 2 practices with the ones

and when person says he'll bet the farm that osweiler throws int in first drive and someone calls him on it dude is quiet a church mouse.

nobody is any good. i'm hoping they get to a 5 win season so ghoolie owes me a bottle of rum.

other than that another year of shit.

None of the Brown's QB's looked impressive last night, but it IS just preseason.

At the risk of sounding like a fisherman (you know the one that got away) did anyone besides myself, keep an eye on how Mitch played last night?

You are not alone, I had the Chicago game on my phone while I was at the Browns game just so I could see what we will regret in not doing. Not drafting Trubisky will turn this fan base against the morons that decided to pass on him at #1. Won't take long.

No, because he doesn't matter.

If you don't think any QB's looked good, you mustn't have been watching.

No, because he doesn't matter.

If you don't think any QB's looked good, you mustn't have been watching.

good in preseason against bums. hell tim couch looked liked the second coming of roger staubach in the HOF game his rookie season.

then they played for real and his soul and shoulders are still being looked for somewhere around midfield.

great offensive line? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You are not alone, I had the Chicago game on my phone while I was at the Browns game just so I could see what we will regret in not doing. Not drafting Trubisky will turn this fan base against the morons that decided to pass on him at #1. Won't take long.

Unless of course the improved Browns D with an all pro in MG sets up the O multiple times per game. All depends what kind of football you like best. I prefer great defenses and just better than average offenses when forced too chose.

Unless of course the improved Browns D with an all pro in MG sets up the O multiple times per game. All depends what kind of football you like best. I prefer great defenses and just better than average offenses when forced too chose.

It's risk vs reward.

I believe any GM would pick a franchise QB over a stud DL 10 out of 10 times.

Eggsactly.....lets be honest.....The O failed to get into the end zone on one series and ended up handing the ball over on the goal line.....THEN the D got it back at the 20, allowing us to score our first TD......cause then the O only had to go 20 to score....

Last year(and the year before) our O could not sustain drives and regularly gave the ball back, well before the D got rested. This continuously resulted in the D getting worn down and then failing....and we lost TOP every. single. game.....Which gave our D a much worse look than they deserved. Thursdays game was different....why?....because we won TOP. And the reason is NOT because our O held the ball and chewed up clock(cause they didnt)....the reason is because our D stopped the other team, got the ball back....and gave the O extra opportunities(which they needed).....

Plain and simple.....D make the O better, by giving them opportunities.....(and a shorter ladder to climb) to outscore the other team....We only scored 20 points(which is below average), but won because the other team only scored 14.....had we allowed the other team to just score the average 24 pts, then woulda lost......and probably wouldnt have even gotten 20, cause the other team woulda scored on a few drives that we had stopped.....

Outstanding Post Mud^^Williams D could win us 1or 2 games, but how many games our offense wins off our defense is the true test for a even better season

Remember Kizer was playing against the 3's and Brock played against the 1's. It's nice to dream, but Kizer didn't "look like the starter" because he was playing against essentially DB's who wouldn't start at Ohio State.

Right....the one(very obvious) thing Kizer had in his favor....WIDE open receivers.....which the other 2 never had(or saw)....

But....the other thing Kizer had was vision and accuracy....because he saw them, then hit them.....

good in preseason against bums. hell tim couch looked liked the second coming of roger staubach in the HOF game his rookie season.

then they played for real and his soul and shoulders are still being looked for somewhere around midfield.

great offensive line? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

As usual, quality shitpost.

Archived