THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who could not support Donald Trump

Yet, Trump is automatically guilty of stuff without any evidence. But they pick and choose somebody who

is "investigating" if they can find some because they want him to be guilty. Assuming somebody is guilty

because they got elected and they weren't your guy seems pretty par for the course for liberals.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet, Trump is automatically guilty of stuff without any evidence. But they pick and choose somebody who

is "investigating" if they can find some because they want him to be guilty. Assuming somebody is guilty

because they got elected and they weren't your guy seems pretty par for the course for liberals.

But to be fair our side does it too. Whitewater was a bunch of shit. Yes there is a dirty land deal and yes Bill Clinton had a piece of it, something like 12 people were indicted but since they couldn't prove that they popped him for lying about Monica Lewinsky. They will trip up Trump on some bullshit that he doesn't answer correctly. That's how special prosecutors work.

And since Donald Trump has pissed off both sides by showing what a bunch of turds they were I don't think he will have the wink-wink-nudge-nudge let him off the hook that Bill Clinton did.

WSS

listen and learn:

That's the second time you posted that in this thread. Go back to page 3 for my response. One of the primary speakers is a fake Vietnam vet with made up opinions from anonymous people called "many". He sounds just like our fake president with his fake phone calls and fake information that comes out of his head. He says that he has never served in the jungles and then says he was on secret missions. The first part was real the second a lie along with all the rest of what he says from that point on.

Then go back and listen to McCain's cellmate and ask yourself why you are so gullible to take the word of anyone else over the guy in the Hanoi Hilton who knew him best. cal the president is cornering you into losing your values and judgement of other honorable people. That's what pathological liars do. They get you to suspend your own sense of reality to conform with theirs. And this president is King when it comes to pathological lying.

This may help: Short and easy to understand and apply.

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers/2014/09/6-subtle-characteristics-of-the-pathological-liar/

Just a tidbit from the article: "The very fact that a lie could be found out does not affect the pathological liar. They have an inability to consider the consequences or even fear being found out. It’s as if the pathological liar believes they are smarter than everyone and will never be found out. The very fact that the pathological liars’ work-life, home-life, or reputation could be in jeopardy as a result of the lies, does not phase the liar. Guilt, shame, or regret does not affect the liar. Consequences also do not seem to affect the liar."

Or you can get the video version from Stephen Colbert. How sick is this president that he needs only positive stories and pictures about himself twice daily?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/stephen-colbert-unloads-on-trumps-propaganda-document-of-flattering-news

pathological liar. YOu actually believe it's TRUMP who is afraid? how about higgardly deleting 33000 ? emails?

and wasserman shultz hiring a crook from Pakistan who was destroying hard drives for them? and who refused

to give up her computer to the feds?

I'm not buying it. I never liked Mccain. Thank him for his service long ago, but he took the easy route to

make it easy on himself. And Mccain went to great measures to keep it quiet and "classified".

Sounds like he should have been a democrat to me. Other men have broken due to torture. But they still

quietly resisted in other ways...eye blinking, gestures, bowing strangely.

Mccain went whole hog to their side long enough to use his priviledge of having a commander father to

get an early out.

Which probably led to the deaths of a lot of other soldiers. You dems love Mccain, because he will often flip when

you want him to. I just don't respect that.

Mccain went whole hog to their side long enough to use his priviledge of having a commander father to

get an early out.

Which probably led to the deaths of a lot of other soldiers. You dems love Mccain............

Told you before we independents outnumber both the reps and the dems and the reason I have always liked McCain is that he is a thinking republican that acts like an independent.

As to that alternate universe fact you just provided that McCain took the early out------that is absolutely false. Here is the best source I have found that supports that idea, a former fellow POW who DOES NOT support McCain politically, but supplies you with exact information on McCain the POW. This time take the time to actually read it and forever discard your ideas of his "dishonorable" POW service. The only person who took the dishonorable route between him and Trump was the bone spur boy who stayed in student deferment until it ran out and got an MD to say he had bone spurs that precluded military service.

Read this honest, fair account which you will know is honest since he does not like McCain the politician.

http://www.alternet.org/story/95825/i_spent_years_as_a_pow_with_john_mccain%2C_and_his_finger_should_not_be_near_the_red_button

PS_- and you misread the quote about pathological liars having fear. It says inability - "They have an inability to consider the consequences or even fear being found out."

pathological liar. YOu actually believe it's TRUMP who is afraid? how about higgardly deleting 33000 ? emails?

and wasserman shultz hiring a crook from Pakistan who was destroying hard drives for them? and who refused

to give up her computer to the feds?

I'm not buying it. I never liked Mccain. Thank him for his service long ago, but he took the easy route to

make it easy on himself. And Mccain went to great measures to keep it quiet and "classified".

Sounds like he should have been a democrat to me. Other men have broken due to torture. But they still

quietly resisted in other ways...eye blinking, gestures, bowing strangely.

get an early out.

Which probably led to the deaths of a lot of other soldiers. You dems love Mccain, because he will often flip when

you want him to. I just don't respect that.

"Easy way out"? Jesus Christ, Cal, the man was tortured by the NVA so badly that he can't even lift his arms above his head anymore. As for getting an "early out", the dude spent 5 1/2 years as a POW.

DIsagree with the man politically? Fine. But attacking his record as a POW is pretty disgraceful on your part. You should be ashamed of yourself.

oh, shutup, asswhole woodypeckerhead. You don't have to jump in so you aren't loneyly. STFU

You other guys do have a point. I know he was tortured, but he admitted he broke. It isn't that he

admitted he broke, it's how he broke. I listen to what he admitted to, and he ended up damaging

the reputation of every other pow. You think all the pow's said what he said?

I respect his service up to that point. But his entire career was one of self-serving rule breaking,

ego, disregard for discipline. That he was tortured is sad. But what he said lives in infamy.

There have been other pows who broke. But still, they secretly let it be known that the admissions

were bogus at the same time. One blinked his eyes. Another put a bit of bogus information

into it, letting it known that it was a farce.

Mccain didn't. And I know he refused an early release, I meant he got released before others who

had been there longer.

READ:

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-has-john-mccain-blocked-info-mias/

"

Included in the evidence that McCain and his government allies suppressed or tried to discredit is a transcript of a senior North Vietnamese general’s briefing of the Hanoi Politburo, discovered in Soviet archives by an American scholar in the 1990s. The briefing took place only four months before the 1973 peace accords. The general, Tran Van Quang, told the Politburo members that Hanoi was holding 1,205 American prisoners but would keep many of them at war’s end as leverage to ensure getting reparations from Washington.

Throughout the Paris negotiations, the North Vietnamese tied the prisoner issue tightly to the issue of reparations. Finally, in a February 1, 1973, formal letter to Hanoi’s premier, Pham Van Dong, Nixon pledged $3.25 billion in "postwar reconstruction" aid. The North Vietnamese, though, remained skeptical about the reparations promise being honored (it never was). Hanoi thus held back prisoners–just as it had done when the French were defeated at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 and withdrew their forces from Vietnam. France later paid ransoms for prisoners and brought them home.

Two defense secretaries who served during the Vietnam War testified to the Senate POW committee in September 1992 that prisoners were not returned. James Schlesinger and Melvin Laird, secretaries of defense under Nixon, said in a public session and under oath that they based their conclusions on strong intelligence data–letters, eyewitness reports, even direct radio contacts. Under questioning, Schlesinger chose his words carefully, understanding clearly the volatility of the issue: "I think that as of now that I can come to no other conclusion…some were left behind.""

In other words, the stinking n vietnamese kept almost half? of the pow's to still get reparations,

which though promised, they never did.

So they kept all those men.

“WALLACE: (Voiceover) People who know McCain well say he can hold a grudge. He also has a legendary temper. But if McCain can be hard on his friends and even harder on his enemies, he can also be very hard on himself.

Sen. McCAIN: I made serious, serious mistakes and did things wrong when I was in prison, OK?

WALLACE: What did you do wrong in prison?

Sen. McCAIN: I wrote a confession. I was guilty of war crimes against the Vietnamese people. I intentionally bombed women and children.

WALLACE: And you did it because you were being tortured and you’d reached the end of the line?

Sen. McCAIN: Yes. But I should have gone further. I should have — I never believed that I would — that I would break, and I did.”

oh, shutup, asswhole woodypeckerhead. You don't have to jump in so you aren't loneyly. STFU

You other guys do have a point. I know he was tortured, but he admitted he broke. It isn't that he

admitted he broke, it's how he broke. I listen to what he admitted to, and he ended up damaging

the reputation of every other pow. You think all the pow's said what he said?

I respect his service up to that point. But his entire career was one of self-serving rule breaking,

ego, disregard for discipline. That he was tortured is sad. But what he said lives in infamy.

WALLACE: (Voiceover) People who know McCain well say he can hold a grudge. He also has a legendary temper. But if McCain can be hard on his friends and even harder on his enemies, he can also be very hard on himself.

Sen. McCAIN: I made serious, serious mistakes and did things wrong when I was in prison, OK?

WALLACE: What did you do wrong in prison?

Sen. McCAIN: I wrote a confession. I was guilty of war crimes against the Vietnamese people. I intentionally bombed women and children.

WALLACE: And you did it because you were being tortured and youd reached the end of the line?

Sen. McCAIN: Yes. But I should have gone further. I should have I never believed that I would that I would break, and I did.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jan/17/mccains-pow-record-attacked/

"...In his memoir Faith of My Fathers , McCain says that he initially offered the information because he was badly injured and afraid of dying. But, he wrote, "I didn't intend to keep my word."

When he was later interrogated, McCain gave his ship's name and squadron number and confirmed the target of his failed mission, he wrote. He also gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line and said they were members of his squadron.

Asked to identify future targets, he mentioned North Vietnamese cities that U.S. planes had already bombed.

George "Bud" Day and Orson Swindle, fellow POWs, told PolitiFact that POWs sometimes were forced to talk when they were tortured, but they tried to tell lies to mislead their captors.

"We were all tortured and we wrote confessions under the pressure of torture," said Swindle, who was a cellmate with McCain and is active in his campaign. "John McCain never collaborated with the enemy. He, like every one of us, submitted to severe torture. John McCain did nothing dishonorable. He was heroic."

At one point, McCain broke down and signed a confession. But Timberg, the biographer, said McCain deliberately used misspellings, grammatical errors and Communist jargon to show he was writing under duress: "I am a black criminal and I have performed the deeds of an air pirate. I almost died, and the Vietnamese people saved my life . . . "

Day, a Medal of Honor winner who also is supporting McCain's campaign, said the flyer is "the most outrageous f------ lie I've ever heard."

I'm sorry you don't know from first hand accounts what I know about the POW's cal. I think it would change you completely. I also ran a group for ex-Korean War and WW II Japanese held POWs for about 5 years in a mental health clinic. They had very similar experiences to the two guys I saw individually who were held in Vietnam. Every one of them to a man felt they should have found a way to be stronger and held out longer, but they all agreed everyone broke. Everyone. I don't think you really appreciate at all what they all went through, so if you ever meet one and they allow themselves to actually tell you what it was like (not likely they will talk about it) you would never say another ill-informed word about any of them, regardless of their politics. You just are clueless at this point.

I would like to be able to tell you some of the things that were done to these men, but they were told in confidence as a counselor and without permission I cannot do so. But I can say that the things I heard from all would break every single one of us. Their captors didn't fuck around with easy shit. They did everything imaginable both physically and psychologically.

so, yes, Mccain refused an early release on his own - that is required by the UCMJ, I believe.

But hundreds never got home.

Well, Cal, since you seem to be an expert on how one should have acted in a P.O.W. camp, why don't you share with us your experiences as a NVA prisoner? I'm sure we're all curious as how you resisted breaking under torture.

I'm sorry you don't know from first hand accounts what I know about the POW's cal. I think it would change you completely. I also ran a group for ex-Korean War and WW II Japanese held POWs for about 5 years in a mental health clinic. They had very similar experiences to the two guys I saw individually who were held in Vietnam. Every one of them to a man felt they should have found a way to be stronger and held out longer, but they all agreed everyone broke. Everyone. I don't think you really appreciate at all what they all went through, so if you ever meet one and they allow themselves to actually tell you what it was like (not likely they will talk about it) you would never say another ill-informed word about any of them, regardless of their politics. You just are clueless at this point.

I would never do that anyways. It's only about John McCain. He says one thing, does another. He always flouted discipline

and responsibility. I just don't believe all his story. He has a history of flipping and flopping, right up to

"we have to repeal", then voting against the repeal. I don't buy McCain's story, like I don't believe much of what he

says politically. He lies. If I'm wrong about his pow activities, okay, but I don't believe much of anything about him,

like John Kerry's military service...was also bogus at points.

You explain to me why McCain has blocked the information on pow's who never got home. You explain why

he has refused to work to release that information. To me, what is it he is hiding?

Don't go stupid again about bringing up pow's you have worked with. None of them have betrayed the memory

of prisoners of war who never came home by keeping information about them secret forever.

I suspect McCain's heroism story because of that.

Well, Cal, since you seem to be an expert on how one should have acted in a P.O.W. camp, why don't you share with us your experiences as a NVA prisoner? I'm sure we're all curious as how you resisted breaking under torture.

why are you always an asswhole? nobody said anything about that, I never did. I just suspect John McCain's story to a point,

and his activity of keeping all the other pow's stories secret. Especially all the guys who never made it home.

So, JBLEW, you explain why he has interferred and worked to keep their stories from being told, while he has made a

long career of telling his.

1. "Can someone please answer this question: WHY is there a movement from former POWs and Vietnam vets AGAINST John McCain? This just doesn't make semse."--------------------------------------------------------------I think it's because they don't think he did everything he could to help resolve the status of those soldiers who were Missing in Action (MIA).

Posted By: | June 25, 2008 at 03:21 PM
    Report Abuse
  2. Why does McCain continue to REFUSE to release the other 600 PAGES of his hidden Navy records?

Posted By: What is McCain Hiding? | June 25, 2008 at 03:22 PM
    Report Abuse
  3. Hey Rick, you have a point. Consider mine: WTF(!) is John 'Songbird' McCain hiding!?

Posted By: yadayada | June 25, 2008 at 03:23 PM
    Report Abuse

why are you always an asswhole? nobody said anything about that, I never did. I just suspect John McCain's story to a point,

and his activity of keeping all the other pow's stories secret. Especially all the guys who never made it home.

So, JBLEW, you explain why he has interferred and worked to keep their stories from being told, while he has made a

long career of telling his.

"Suspect McCain's story to a point"? You literally said the man is a traitor like Jane Fonda. A man who was tortured as a POW for almost 6 years. You've completely lost it. Disgraceful.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Eighteen months ago, TAC publisher Ron Unz discovered an astonishing account of the role the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, John McCain, had played in suppressing information about what happened to American soldiers missing in action in Vietnam. Below, we present in full Sydney Schanberg’s explosive story.

John McCain, who has risen to political prominence on his image as a Vietnam POW war hero, has, inexplicably, worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn’t return home. Throughout his Senate career, McCain has quietly sponsored and pushed into federal law a set of prohibitions that keep the most revealing information about these men buried as classified documents. Thus the war hero who people would logically imagine as a determined crusader for the interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books.

Almost as striking is the manner in which the mainstream press has shied from reporting the POW story and McCain’s role in it, even as the Republican Party has made McCain’s military service the focus of his presidential campaign. Reporters who had covered the Vietnam War turned their heads and walked in other directions. McCain doesn’t talk about the missing men, and the press never asks him about them.

The sum of the secrets McCain has sought to hide is not small. There exists a telling mass of official documents, radio intercepts, witness depositions, satellite photos of rescue symbols that pilots were trained to use, electronic messages from the ground containing the individual code numbers given to airmen, a rescue mission by a special forces unit that was aborted twice by Washington—and even sworn testimony by two Defense secretaries that “men were left behind.” This imposing body of evidence suggests that a large number—the documents indicate probably hundreds—of the U.S. prisoners held by Vietnam were not returned when the peace treaty was signed in January 1973 and Hanoi released 591 men, among them Navy combat pilot John S. McCain.

Mass of Evidence

The Pentagon had been withholding significant information from POW families for years. What’s more, the Pentagon’s POW/MIA operation had been publicly shamed by internal whistleblowers and POW families for holding back documents as part of a policy of “debunking” POW intelligence even when the information was obviously credible.

The pressure from the families and Vietnam veterans finally forced the creation, in late 1991, of a Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. The chairman was John Kerry. McCain, as a former POW, was its most pivotal member. In the end, the committee became part of the debunking machine.

One of the sharpest critics of the Pentagon’s performance was an insider, Air Force Lt. Gen. Eugene Tighe, who headed the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) during the 1970s. He openly challenged the Pentagon’s position that no live prisoners existed, saying that the evidence proved otherwise. McCain was a bitter opponent of Tighe, who was eventually pushed into retirement.

Included in the evidence that McCain and his government allies suppressed or sought to discredit is a transcript of a senior North Vietnamese general’s briefing of the Hanoi politburo, discovered in Soviet archives by an American scholar in 1993. The briefing took place only four months before the 1973 peace accords. The general, Tran Van Quang, told the politburo members that Hanoi was holding 1,205 American prisoners but would keep many of them at war’s end as leverage to ensure getting war reparations from Washington.

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-has-john-mccain-blocked-info-mias/

Why Has John McCain Blocked Info on MIAs?

The war hero has long sought to bury information about POWs left behind in Vietnam.

By Sydney H. Schanberg

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/02/15/courageous-ron-unz-wonders-john-mccain-gets-away/

McCain’s public image took a beating at the end of the 1980s when he became one of the senators caught up in the Keating Five financial scandal, but he managed to survive that controversy unlike most of the others.

However, those new doubts about McCain were still in my mind a few months later when I stumbled upon Sidney Schanberg’s massively documented expose about McCain’s role in the POW/MIA cover up, a vastly greater scandal. This time I was presented with a mountain of hard evidence gathered by one of America’s greatest wartime journalists, a Pulitzer Prize winning former top editor at The New York Times. In the years since then, other leading journalists have praised Schanberg’s remarkable research, now giving his conclusions the combined backing of four New York Times Pulitzer Prizes, while two former Republican Congressmen who had served on the Intelligence Committee have also strongly corroborated his account.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-news-john-mccains-1969-tokyo-rose-propaganda-recording-released/

Here is a transcript of the recording:

To the Vietnamese people and the government of the DRVN:

From John Sidney McCain, 624787, Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, born 29 August, 1936, Panama, home state Oregon. Shot down 26 October, 1967, A-4E aircraft.

I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people. I bombed their cities, towns and villages and caused many injuries, even deaths, for the people of Vietnam.

I was captured in the capital city of Hanoi, while attacking it. After I was captured, I was taken to the hospital in Hanoi, where I received very good medical treatment. I was given an operation on my leg, which allowed me to walk again, and a cast on my right arm, which was badly broken in three places.

The doctors were very good and they knew a great deal about the practice of medicine. I remained in the hospital for some time and regained much of my health and strength. Since I arrived in the camp of detention, I received humane and lenient treatment.

I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.

I would like to be able to tell you some of the things that were done to these men, but they were told in confidence as a counselor and without permission I cannot do so. But I can say that the things I heard from all would break every single one of us. Their captors didn't fuck around with easy shit. They did everything imaginable both physically and psychologically.

That is a good point, and a stupid one at the same time. I was on 24 hr alert one weekend - I went in in '77, this was 78 I think.

It was trouble in the mideast. I was on duty with a msgt. 24 hrs straight, you learn a lot. His....Father? or Grandfather

had been a pow. He ended up going into the military over that. That's what little I know - how he had been treated

so horribly.... and finally over months, he broke and started signing whatever documents were put in front of him.

But he would never make a voice recording. He pretended to not know how to read the words until they gave up.

That is heroic. I have no idea how I would do under that duress. But I'm hardly the only one who questions

John McCain's weird insistence on quietly keeping the POW/MIA question unanswered, by keeping hundreds

and hundreds of documents secret. I repeat - John McCain has worked for many years to keep that

information classified.

I ask again...WHY? He got to live a nice career on telling his story, but theirs isn't allowed to be told.

So, TexAG - why do you think that is? Because that has long been a fundamental part of me questioning

who McCain really is.

"He pretended to not know how to read the words until they gave up." LOL! Sure the son of an admiral and an academy grad naval officer is going to convince his captors he can't read. They knew he could read cal-surely you know that.

All I can say is that was a statement written for him by his captors. If you can't figure that out then there is no hope for you. Just listen to that recording again. He is obviously reading what is in front of him. There is no fluidity to his speaking at all. It's full of well known lies obviously provided by them. "Human treatment? Came here as an aggressor?" Those were Vietnamese catch words and phrases. Please. Are you really that gullible to believe he did not read this under duress?

And as to why he may have not wanted information to be released. Here is strictly a conjecture based again on my experience with former POW's. The last thing they would want their families to know was the things they said once broken. Did it ever occur to you he did not want his fellow POW's to have very embarrassing information about them and what they said released for public consumption? That certainly pops up in my radar. Because it's the great secret they all share. Just like all those I've known, the first half of the secret is they were broken and the second half is they regretted things they said once broken. To a man cal.

nobody said anything about McCain should have pretended to not know how to read. I only told the story.

See, the Msgt was black, and perhaps that is how his Father/Grandfather got away with it, back in the days, you know? He was a good bit older....

So, I wasn't ascribing that to mccain. Go back and read what I said. I don't know. Not sure how much of his story is true, due to his dubious life before active duty, and during active duty while he was in training.

You are making stuff up because you can't answer my question. Maybe that information is embarrassing? as in,the names and duration, etc? Did it ever occur to you that McCain doesn't want the truth about HIM to come out?

Of course men get broken. You aren't reading and comprehending. It's MCCAIN. His dubious rule breaking, disregardfor discipline, as told by roommates and witnesses. He crashed two or three planes in TRAINING. He was a knucklehead.

Ask your pow folks if they had been pilots and crashed two or three planes in training, if they would still have become pilots. I'm curious. I think not.

So, your drivel about embarrassing information...why keep it a secret from their families? at least, ANY INFORMATION.

Or do you think all of hundreds and hundreds of pages was all real embarrassing stuff? Nobody is going to believe that.

NOOOOBODY. There is no reason to doubt any POW's stories. None.

Except for McCain. and some vets who were there, doubt him. his life is part of it. His hiding information on those POW/MIA folks who deserve better...is a disgrace. AT LEAST ALLOW THOSE WHO DIDN'T COME HOME TO HAVE THEIR BASIC INFO IN THOSE PAGES

RELEASED.

Ever heard of redaction?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redaction

So, lets guess at maybe..oh...20-50 pages of information on those POW's that never came home... might be embarrassing?

so REDACT THEM AND RELEASE THE OTHER 650? PAGES.

Your argument is nonsense, TexAg. Not buyin it.

Archived