THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Ohio Highschool Football

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:
  • Against the might StV. St.M?  Ah....no.

From Jjhuddle, DIII

New Freeman Picks (CalPreps.com)
Bishop Hartley (Columbus, OH) vs. Tri-Valley (Dresden, OH) at Newark (OH), 7:30pm   [projection: Bishop Hartley (Columbus, OH) 34-17]
Canfield (OH) vs. St. Vincent-St. Mary (Akron, OH) at Salem (OH), 7:30pm   [projection: Canfield (OH) 21-14]  <----- I AGREE ;)
Central Catholic (Toledo, OH) vs. Bay (Bay Village, OH) at Sandusky (OH), 7:30pm   [projection: Central Catholic (Toledo, OH) 26-8]
Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood, OH) vs. Chaminade-Julienne (Dayton, OH) at Stebbins (Riverside, OH), 7:30pm   [projection: Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood, OH) 48-20]

On 11/15/2017 at 3:14 PM, The Gipper said:

Against the might StV. St.M?  Ah....no.

Well SVSM 13-10 over now 12-1 Canfield.

I saw the highlights and recap Canfield led 10-0 at half but SV ran the second half kickoff back for a TD but the kicker was Canfield only turned the ball over 10 times in 12 games and turned it over 4 times in that game and that was it.

A fine season was over just like that, but that's football. 

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well SVSM 13-10 over now 12-1 Canfield.

I saw the highlights and recap Canfield led 10-0 at half but SV ran the second half kickoff back for a TD but the kicker was Canfield only turned the ball over 10 times in 12 games and turned it over 4 times in that game and that was it.

A fine season was over just like that, but that's football. 

Told you.  The two Akron parochial schools, Hoban and SVSM are both in the final four in their divisions...and could both bring home titles.

Also note:  Mentor has taken out both St. Ed and St. Ig.   Quite a feat.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Told you.  The two Akron parochial schools, Hoban and SVSM are both in the final four in their divisions...and could both bring home titles.

Mentor still the biggest high school in Ohio?

My cousin graduated with more kids in her class there than my entire high school had students for all four grades, and we were/are a DII/DIII school.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well they beat a good Canfield team I know a lot of sports announcers and prognosticators were kind of surprised on that one.

Who does SVSM have in front of them?

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well they beat a good Canfield team I know a lot of sports announcers and prognosticators were kind of surprised on that one.

I believe they play a team that they beat at the beginning of the season already.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:36 PM, mjp28 said:

SVSM plays Dresden Tri Valley this week.  I think at Massillon Perry HS 

Mentor plays Olentangy Liberty....whatever that is.  Didn't see where that was being held.

Hoban will play Avon at Brunswick HS

Steubenville plays Shelby at Akron U's stadium.

Kirtland will play Nelsonville -York.   (I spent a night in Nelsonville earlier this year.)

Cuyahoga Hts. plays Danville at Orrville HS stadium.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:29 PM, mjp28 said:

Anyone following the 2017 HS Playoffs?  

I'm following the Mentor game for obvious reasons. Hope to be heading to Canton next week.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Mentor Won

SVSM lost

Hoban won

Steubenville won

Cuyahoga Hts. won

Kirtland, which is right next to Mentor won again. 6th trip to the finals in 7 years

5 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Kirtland, which is right next to Mentor won again. 6th trip to the finals in 7 years

I have a brother that lives there......nice area.

On way to Canton, Lets go Mentor, its what winning football is all about.

Archived