domcucch1994

Josh Gordon

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

It's Christmas Eve Dawgpound! Josh Gordon is to be released from rehab tomorrow~ Let's welcome him back with open arms for a hopefully VERY BRIGHT future in Cleveland! 

Let's go Flash, where have you been? We've missed you! 

Out of rehab does not yet mean out of NFL jail. That is still up in the air.

Josh Gordon has served his time, to continue to sit him out sends the wrong message to players that are working on bettering themselves and getting help. 

I hope that upon release from rehabilitation and clearing Josh Gordon's name of Drugs and Alcohol that Roger Goodell can stamp his reinstatement tomorrow. 

We have, as Browns Fans, found ourselves in need of WR help and Gordon is a valuable member of our team and community. 

Gordon seems to be working hard and keeping in shape ready to redeem himself in the eyes of the NFL and society. 

47 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Out of rehab does not yet mean out of NFL jail. That is still up in the air.

Exactly Ag. MHO is the odds are around 50%. Goodell may give him another chance- but it will be his LAST chance before he's suspended for life. It's not happening at 4 PM tomorrow. Roger the Dodger will have to look at the rehab facilities report, and have a face to face with Josh (doubtless a stern lecture will be involved) before he even thinks about reinstating Gordon. I'll put the timline at a week to 10 days, and maybe a lot more. 

He is a good kid, and he is as good a receiver as any in the NFL. I don't care about his issues. For fuck's sake, compared to the scum caliber of morality in the NFL, this kid is a saint. Enough of the horse shit already. Let the man play. Maybe he needs to burn the flag or take a shit on it, then everyone will be on his side.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Ag. MHO is the odds are around 50%. Goodell may give him another chance- but it will be his LAST chance before he's suspended for life. It's not happening at 4 PM tomorrow. Roger the Dodger will have to look at the rehab facilities report, and have a face to face with Josh (doubtless a stern lecture will be involved) before he even thinks about reinstating Gordon. I'll put the timline at a week to 10 days, and maybe a lot more. 

thing is he really pissed of roger and I am sure other players under suspension jg was the first player that was under suspension to be able to be with the team go to meetings and be at practice and what did he do ? he fucked it up somehow last year and went back into rehab ,the way I see it he is just a monkey in a cage throwing shit 

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He is a good kid, and he is as good a receiver as any in the NFL. I don't care about his issues. For fuck's sake, compared to the scum caliber of morality in the NFL, this kid is a saint. Enough of the horse shit already. Let the man play. Maybe he needs to burn the flag or take a shit on it, then everyone will be on his side.

lol

I used to have the 'he's a good kid' attitude.  That he just liked pot...like everyone else.  But when he continued to hang out with 'Billy'...and was found in the mansion that Billy trashed...I changed from the 'good kid that likes to party' attitude to the 'he's a friggin' dope' attitude.

Even though we're basically in a world of shit at the WR position, I think the Harvard think tank (AND Hue) will severe ties with Josh.  -  I think it would be a dumb move because of our world of shit WR position...but I think our guys cut off their noses to spite their faces sometimes.

Just now, Orion said:

lol

I used to have the 'he's a good kid' attitude.  That he just liked pot...like everyone else.  But when he continued to hang out with 'Billy'...and was found in the mansion that Billy trashed...I changed from the 'good kid that likes to party' attitude to the 'he's a friggin' dope' attitude.

Even though we're basically in a world of shit at the WR position, I think the Harvard think tank (AND Hue) will severe ties with Josh.  -  I think it would be a dumb move because of our world of shit WR position...but I think our guys cut off their noses to spite their faces sometimes.

Dude, Sashi and Deepmud don't cut their nose off to spite their faces. They are the fucking dumbest sonofabitches in all of the NFL. They don't know what the fuck they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, Sashi and Deepmud don't cut their nose off to spite their faces. They are the fucking dumbest sonofabitches in all of the NFL. They don't know what the fuck they are doing.

...just got back from rehearsal.  We're gonna weave Twist And Shout into Delbert McClinton's Givin' It Up For Your Love.  It's gonna be great!

On 8/9/2017 at 10:46 PM, PoeticG said:

1) Either you missed it or just glossed it over, kinda like you're assessment of Josh Gordon. But his Blood Alcohol level was .01 percent over the LEGAL LIMIT.

2)Call it what you like but I think you already said it BEST- Josh Gordon a victim of unfortunate circumstances. Not the MONSTER you'd like him to be.

1) Said it once already- I used to do blood alcohols for a living PO. Your math is off. 0.01% of 0.08 is 0.08008- not 0.09. You can argue if you want that's too low, it used to be 0.1 for most states, until Mothers Against Drunk Driving got involved. 

2) He's a victim of the circumstances he created for himself. PERIOD. No one put a gun to his head and told him to drive after he had been drinking, or light up a fattie when he knew the consequences of that action could get him suspended. Or get nailed for Purple Drank when he didn't have a prescription for it. (BTW, it's the best cough medicine in the world- if you're using it legitimately, not swilling a bottle of it and washing it down with a pint of vodka to get a hellacious buzz).  Guys that have a drinking or drug problem often point the finger of blame for their actions at everyone and everything but themselves. Sorry, but the "victim of circumstances" doesn't fly with me.  I'm sure Josh isn't a "bad" guy. One of the nicest guys I've ever met was a recovering alcoholic who had been tossed in jail 4 times, (the last for 6 months) for umpteen DUIs and driving on a revoked license.  

Re-read this thread PO, and notice the company he's been keeping. One of the first things they're going to tell you in AA is if you want to stay clean, you need to find better friends to hang out with.  

I sincerely hope Josh makes it this time- he's already flushed millions of dollars down the drain making BAD decisions off the field. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) Said it once already- I used to do blood alcohols for a living PO. Your math is off. 0.01% of 0.08 is 0.08008- not 0.09. You can argue if you want that's too low, it used to be 0.1 for most states, until Mothers Against Drunk Driving got involved. 

2) He's a victim of the circumstances he created for himself. PERIOD. No one put a gun to his head and told him to drive after he had been drinking, or light up a fattie when he knew the consequences of that action could get him suspended. Or get nailed for Purple Drank when he didn't have a prescription for it. (BTW, it's the best cough medicine in the world- if you're using it legitimately, not swilling a bottle of it and washing it down with a pint of vodka to get a hellacious buzz).  Guys that have a drinking or drug problem often point the finger of blame for their actions at everyone and everything but themselves. Sorry, but the "victim of circumstances" doesn't fly with me.  I'm sure Josh isn't a "bad" guy. One of the nicest guys I've ever met was a recovering alcoholic who had been tossed in jail 4 times, (the last for 6 months) for umpteen DUIs and driving on a revoked license.  

Re-read this thread PO, and notice the company he's been keeping. One of the first things they're going to tell you in AA is if you want to stay clean, you need to find better friends to hang out with.  

I sincerely hope Josh makes it this time- he's already flushed millions of dollars down the drain making BAD decisions off the field. 

POG didn't say that his BAC was one-hundredth of the legal limit (.01 of .08) over the limit, he simply said it was one-hundredth of a percent (.01%) over the limit. What he said was not wrong.

It wasn't .08 + (.01 * .08), it was .08 + .01. 

If a subject isn't defined explicitly, it's to be assumed that percentage gain/loss defaults to a scale of 100 - the traditional meaning of the word "percent".

No lie, this was a legitimate day-long argument in a statistics class my freshman year.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, The Gipper said:

Call us when your piece of shit cheating, cocksucking the Commish franchise catches up to our 13 titles..Not even halfway there yet.

Which does nothing to help diminish the fact that the browns are viewed nationally as long running joke.

I would venture to say that the average browns fan who has only seen a lifetime of losing would trade those meaningless champeonships for a Super Bowl winner.

It would erase the years of misery. Browns fans would literally sob. Crying tears of joy as they watch a QB wearing brown and orange hoist the Lombardi...  and the parade would make the Cavs look like childs play...no rioting please.

Until then keep going to your  Holy Trinity of "go to's"  to make yourself feel better while putting Steeler fans in their place ....that always works! lol.

1. Browns have 13 Championships.

2. Turkey Jones planted Bradshaw.

3. Browns beat the Steelers 51-0

27 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Which does nothing to help diminish the fact that the browns are viewed nationally as long running joke.

But, not as long as you have been a long running joke around here

I would venture to say that the average browns fan who has only seen a lifetime of losing would trade those meaningless champeonships for a Super Bowl winner.

As would a Steeler fan right now trade all their own meaningless championships for one right now.  Yes...whatever titles the Steelers have won are as equally meaningless right now as anything the Akron Pros or Canton Bulldogs have won. Only the last title and the next one have any meaning.

It would erase the years of misery. Browns fans would literally sob. Crying tears of joy as they watch a QB wearing brown and orange hoist the Lombardi...  and the parade would make the Cavs look like childs play...no rioting please.

The Cleveland Indians have business to take care of right now. We shall see how that parade (hopefully goes first).

Until then keep going to your  Holy Trinity of "go to's"  to make yourself feel better while putting Steeler fans in their place ....that always works! lol.

1. Browns have 13 Championships.

Browns don't have 13 Championships.  Typical...can't get your own facts straight.  NE Ohio does however have 13. Call us when you catch up half way.

2. Turkey Jones planted Bradshaw.

3. Browns beat the Steelers 51-0

You have never seem me talk about these last two.  Again, typical...you can't keep fact straight...you can't keep who you are responding to straight.

Can he make it from the door to his car without failing a piss test?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

And if he can't it costs us what? That we have to go back to one of our overpriced and under-producing free agents? I'd rather Kenny Britt fired one up on the sidelines then to drop passes stone cold sober.

WSS

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

How many has he ever really failed?  All of maybe one..while a member of the NFL? He had an alcohol thing where it seemed like he drank a couple of beers, plus his voluntary rehab stints.

11 hours ago, 200lbMumford said:

In 8 years of college and pros he hasn't gone 12 months without being suspended.  He hasn't gone 8 months without some sort of incident.

But yeah, it will change this time... :huh:

Just quoting myself here.  Don't care about specifics.  The guy can't stay out of trouble.

And no, I'd rather not get two games of Gordon and then have him suspended again.  I'd rather not have Britt either.  So I guess I don't have another solution other than some 3 TE sets.  But pinning even the smallest of hopes on this guy is silly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

POG didn't say that his BAC was one-hundredth of the legal limit (.01 of .08) over the limit, he simply said it was one-hundredth of a percent (.01%) over the limit. What he said was not wrong.

It wasn't .08 + (.01 * .08), it was .08 + .01. 

If a subject isn't defined explicitly, it's to be assumed that percentage gain/loss defaults to a scale of 100 - the traditional meaning of the word "percent".

No lie, this was a legitimate day-long argument in a statistics class my freshman year.

That's splitting hairs on a technical definition of percent. I never took statistics BTW. Point is even if you're at 0.081 it's still illegal, though it's a lot easier to argue in court about machine error, if you have a good lawyer. :)

Well Josh is probably out by now, the saga continues....

Just now, hoorta said:

That's splitting hairs on a technical definition of percent. 

You're telling me, man. It was a hell of a back and forth, divided a lot of the class. I'm not complaining, it took up an entire day and I got to sit back and watch. 

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's splitting hairs on a technical definition of percent. I never took statistics BTW. Point is even if you're at 0.081 it's still illegal, though it's a lot easier to argue in court about machine error, if you have a good lawyer. :)

Yes, .08 is the legal Blood Alcohol Content level.    But....was that what Gordon had?  I didn't think it was anywhere near that.  Fact check.

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, .08 is the legal Blood Alcohol Content level.    But....was that what Gordon had?  I didn't think it was anywhere near that.  Fact check.

It was 0.09 Gip. Enough to get you sent to drunk school. Thing is, a lot of people don't think they're over the limit at that level, but they are. From my ER experience, once you get to the 0.15+ level, certainly 0.2+ that's when you ARE a danger on the road, and serious crashes are almost inevitable, unless you're a major alky that's built up a tolerance. I've mentioned in the past the highest BAC I saw from a driver (accident of course) was 0.43 .

According to the book, he should have been unconscious, not driving a car.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Drinks all around! 

Poe-Cheech preparing for pick-up  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

It was 0.09 Gip. Enough to get you sent to drunk school. Thing is, a lot of people don't think they're over the limit at that level, but they are. From my ER experience, once you get to the 0.15+ level, certainly 0.2+ that's when you ARE a danger on the road, and serious crashes are almost inevitable, unless you're a major alky that's built up a tolerance. I've mentioned in the past the highest BAC I saw from a driver (accident of course) was 0.43 .

According to the book, he should have been unconscious, not driving a car.

Being "over the limit" is a statutory issue.  It is basically arbitrary.  It has nothing to do with whether or not you are impaired.  When I was first practicing the legal limit was .15. Then it went down to .10, then to .08.    Did science change? No, just statutes changed.  Some people may be lit up at .04...others can function at .15.  

Its like speeding.  Was it unsafe for you to drive 71 mph in a 60 mph zone?  Maybe not.  But that 60 was an arbitrary limit set by some governing body.....not a function of actual safeness.

Report: Josh Gordon Has 'Better Than 50-50' Chance of NFL Reinstatement in 2017

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734281-report-josh-gordon-has-better-than-50-50-chance-of-nfl-reinstatement-in-2017

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Being "over the limit" is a statutory issue.  It is basically arbitrary.  It has nothing to do with whether or not you are impaired.  When I was first practicing the legal limit was .15. Then it went down to .10, then to .08.    Did science change? No, just statutes changed.  Some people may be lit up at .04...others can function at .15.  

Its like speeding.  Was it unsafe for you to drive 71 mph in a 60 mph zone?  Maybe not.  But that 60 was an arbitrary limit set by some governing body.....not a function of actual safeness.

Follow the money.

WSS

I don't get all this. He's let the Browns organisation down for five years. 

He even instagrammed burning the browns uniform? 

The blokes a cunt. 

• Upvote 1