THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon

domcucch1994

really good news..Josh must have came to the NFL offices more prepared with documentation than Martavis Bryant was not prepared with..Yesterday was a bad enough day but, Josh's rights could have been traded to another team..That did not happen..Something sounds a little different in Sashi's statement than how it was left when Josh decided on rehab..Welcome Back Josh..  

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Bet PO lit up a few up he's so happy- I don't think he'll be able to communicate for at least a week. :D 

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Statement from Browns EVP of Football Operations Sashi Brown on Josh Gordon:

“We’ve been informed of the league’s decision to reinstate Josh. The personal well-being of all our players is of the utmost importance to us. We respect and commend Josh for taking the steps necessary to have the opportunity to return to the league. Josh will be in our building in the coming days and we look forward to having him back and sitting with him to discuss his future on our team.”

Which really means ..... I wonder if we can get a 4th and 5th round pick for him.....

On this team? You out of your mind? This is like Christmas come early. Even if Josh gives the Browns a lump of coal- it's worth the risk. Gordon knows this is absolutely his last chance to fly right. Stay straight guy, we need a talent like yours at WR. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why does he have to wait so long?  I mean, you have suspended him for like 2.5 years for practically nothing....because he was honest with himself and everyone else.  Not sure why they have to  add insult to injury.

I mean....I think it will take him that long to get in shape.......so...question.....can he now practice?

Per NFL.com....

"Effective immediately, Gordon may join the Browns to attend meetings, engage in conditioning work and individual workouts," the league stated in a release. "Subject to compliance with clinical and other requirements, he will be placed on the Commissioner's Exempt list and be permitted to practice with the team beginning on Monday, November 20. Beginning Monday, November 27, Gordon will be eligible at the team's discretion to return to active status or to remain on the Commissioner's Exempt list for an additional week before returning to active status."

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why does he have to wait so long?

That's what we want!  Only 5 games.  6 games means it's an accrued year.  He belongs to us next year this way.

9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Gonna need a reference on that. I recall there being much wailing and gnashing of teeth over Gabriel being cut. Mud being the most pissed.

Most? Nah he was a good receiver and he was cheap. More baffling was him and Hawkins getting cut. 

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Gonna need a reference on that. I recall there being much wailing and gnashing of teeth over Gabriel being cut. Mud being the most pissed.

The revisionism around here is incredible. Mud was quite literally the ONLY ONE pissed. 

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The majority of folks did if memory serves. The only gripe was that we had a ton of munchkins but they were the best of them.

I think it was a near consensus perhaps not that people wanted him gone, but that it was an inevitability.  

But that preseason, many had agreed that Gabriel had earned his spot on the team.  He was the only player on the offense who was consistently making plays.

Cutting him was highly criticized and rightfully so.

9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I didn’t make the claim. By all means, rub it in our face with your evidence.

Look around at this board right now and tell me the evidence for people hating our players and thinking they suck no matter how much they do not isn’t patently obvious. 

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Look around at this board right now and tell me the evidence for people hating our players and thinking they suck no matter how much they do not isn’t patently obvious. 

Is Sashi the long snapper? Hue taking reps at WR?

The Browns fans actually have a bad habit of over valuing mediocre players because the bar is set pretty low. 

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Is Sashi the long snapper? Hue taking reps at WR?

The Browns fans actually have a bad habit of over valuing mediocre players because the bar is set pretty low. 

Like who?

And aren’t you glad we have a GM bucking that trend?

On 11/1/2017 at 7:04 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Yeah Cam Erving and Justin Gilbert really would have helped us this year

Oh and not forgetting 

Demario Davis for Calvin Pryor - yet another gift from Sashi Brown to another NFL. The depth of the Browns personnel failures are staggering

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

Oh and not forgetting 

Demario Davis for Calvin Pryor - yet another gift from Sashi Brown to another NFL. The depth of the Browns personnel failures are staggering

Calvin Pryor was not a personell failure...it was a personality failure apparently.    Hue cut him when he would not stop arguing with him, or fighting with someone else apparently.   Truth is....we don't know how well Pryor may have played.

All I can say is that the play of the Browns defensive backfield has been extremely disappointing (read: poor).   Maybe having kept Pryor would have greatly helped. Hard to say.

And perhaps Pryor was a cancer and deserved to be cut and would have sucked anyway.  

Josh Gordon gets to practice soon and he can already be involved in team meetings. He's apparently in tremendous shape, which comes as no surprise. Now, FOOTBALL shape is much different from BEING in shape, but it's still much better than him being fat and lazy. It couldn't have been easy to train that hard while not knowing how his NFL fate would transpire. 

Regardless of how long he's been out, he's still going to be our best WR. He's got the size needed to easily beat press-coverage, and the speed to warrant a severe cushion by the defensive back. Josh also runs a great slant...we just don't have anyone who can throw it. My biggest concern for Josh is a soft muscle injury like a hamstring. Those are the kind of things that are difficult to train against, and are the injuries that typically hurt people who miss significant time. But make no mistake about it, Josh is going to be Josh, and we still remember who THAT is. But here's the problem: We still don't have anyone who can throw him the ball. Even if he's open, Kizer can't consistently deliver him the rock anyway. 

Josh Gordon! I so proud of this guy! When many thought that he was just another Blackmon he proves he is much more! Welcome back JG! 

Kevin Hogan is going to thrive with his high and away passes to Josh! Let's GOOO!

Once we have Gordon and Coleman back, teams will no longer be able to crowd the line, our OL may actually be able to open a hole for Crowell to get through.

Archived