domcucch1994

Josh Gordon

It's amazing to me, that despite Armonty Bryant being suspended multiple times last season, he only gets a 4 game ban.
Whereas, JG VOLUNTARILY checks himself into rehab last season, isn't allowed back, works out in the offseason and cleans himself up, but subsequently gets denied reinstatement in the spring, and has to wait until Sept. 22nd to re-apply for reinstatement...

That boggles my mind! How one player can have multiple violations in a season, and still be allowed to play

but another player wants to help himself, and gets the shaft..

We need JG back ASAP to help this team win!

He needs to get reinstated before October if we have a shot at a decent record. Defenses will fear us more with JG on the field.

Imagine, Crow, Duke, JG, Coleman, Njoku, Britt. Thats a good core of skilled players on our offense..

I wouldn't bet a huge amount of money that he can still produce at an All-Pro level after so many years sitting around getting high or whatever the fuck he's been doing.

Still I think this guy has been screwed unmercifully by the NFL especially in context of what others have gotten.

WSS

I wouldn't bet a huge amount of money that he can still produce at an All-Pro level after so many years sitting around getting high or whatever the fuck he's been doing.

Still I think this guy has been screwed unmercifully by the NFL especially in context of what others have gotten.

WSS

He's been fucked, no doubt. But he's also fucked himself and us. Time to move on folks.
  • Upvote 3

Poor Josh..... everyone is so mean.

• Upvote 2

Poor Josh..... everyone is so mean.

Especially the devil in the mirror.

• Upvote 3

Well.. hes better than anything were currently trotting out there.. So.. Until he's off the team officially.. I hope he comes back to help us.. But it is.. What it really is.. a complete sham , all the way around.

Well.. hes better than anything were currently trotting out there.. So.. Until he's off the team officially.. I hope he comes back to help us.. But it is.. What it really is.. a complete sham , all the way around.

We all have hoped for this Nickers but how freakin hard is it to pass a piss test especially if you give a shit about your career? All this other side garbage about Poor Josh dismisses who put Josh in the situation he's in.

When it was finally go time - who needed to check into a drug rehab? After all this time, some of us just hoped he cared more about his career at least enough to prioritize it for a refreshing change.

We all have hoped for this Nickers but how freakin hard is it to pass a piss test especially if you give a shit about your career? All this other side garbage about Poor Josh dismisses who put Josh in the situation he's in.

When it was finally go time - who needed to check into a drug rehab? After all this time, some of us just hoped he cared more about his career at least enough to prioritize it for once.

Well Golly shit Tom.. How many passes are they gonna give Leveon Bell and Joe Haden?.. Yeah.. Haden smokes more dope than all of them and hasnt got caught... I dont think he cared any less about his career.. People act like smoking weed is paramount to rape... I smoke the shit too.. Does that make Me pub enemy #1?.. It's gotten beyond ridiculous what they put this kid through.. While giving guys like Ndamakah Suh and Ray Rice a pat on the ass.. Shoot Me!...

why are we back on this guy again ;), Fall, when the browns & orange leafs fall. Their is this evil drug empire dude called Rogers Drug Policy that only He controls. Told Martavis Bryant your rehab program is missing the final pieces to play. With Josh's new twitter tweet? maybe he's finally gaining on finding those peaces..till than good luck gordo

• Upvote 1

We been talking about this guy and the "what if's" for what 3 seasons now. I agree let's move on. If he does come back we will see what if anything he has in the tank but after so many years...........................

• Upvote 2

Eh, Josh... l guess l agree he's getting unfair treatment, but l've pretty much written him off. If he comes back and does well, that would be cool, but l'm done thinking it will happen.

Well Golly shit Tom.. How many passes are they gonna give Leveon Bell and Joe Haden?.. Yeah.. Haden smokes more dope than all of them and hasnt got caught... I dont think he cared any less about his career.. People act like smoking weed is paramount to rape... I smoke the shit too.. Does that make Me pub enemy #1?.. It's gotten beyond ridiculous what they put this kid through.. While giving guys like Ndamakah Suh and Ray Rice a pat on the ass.. Shoot Me!...

No need to act like your avatar Nickers. I'm the guy sticks up for you on occasion and have been happy to do so considering how long we go back. Nobody in here has said smoking pot is as bad as raping someone and you know that.

I don't care if you smoke or anyone else does for that matter. My brother used to back when he was still living; and I had frat brothers that did but none of them are pertinent to this discussion. You didn't agree to start your career in the NFL Substance Abuse program nor did Joe Haden nor did Leveon Bell. And why didn't you all need to? Well for starters, none of you had multiple positive tests at 2 different college football programs. Gordon got kicked off Baylor twice and he couldn't finish at Utah either. You honestly don't think Gordon could have tried a little harder to put the recreational pot use on hold for a few years?

You do realize Gordon has had 2 different NFL suspensions cut short. 1 was by 6 games when it was a 16 game suspension and 1 by 2 games when it was a 4 game suspension. And, just when he was about 4 weeks shy of completing a suspension - he checked into rehab.

This isn't about if pot is evil or not -or- how fair it is that some guys are only random tested while Josh signed up for/agreed to ongoing testing via the NFL Substance Abuse Program that he did not have to agree to.

If one's career says he has to pass piss tests - then he has to pass the freakin piss tests. He could start by finding better company than Johnny Manziel and the guy who had a huge bag of weed in his car when he needed to pass these piss tests.

You don't think I haven't wanted to get a guy with Gordon's elite talent back on the field especially with our WR Corps? Unfortunately, when it comes to Gordon - I've become a lot like how you always are about the Browns. I'll get excited about him when he gives me a recent reason to. 2013 was 4 years ago; and I haven't seen a guy willing to make a sacrifice. Sacrifice is a big part of the NFL some of the "poor Josh" crowd doesn't want to come to grips with.

Gordon might get 1 last chance being 26 years old.

I could see him playing this season after begging on his hands and knees for reinstatement and maybe sitting out some games. Its a damn shame a player so damn talented has really brought this all down on himself allowing the NFL to make an example of him. Once in the NFL substance program you randomly get tested at will with just so many hours to give a sample. Missing a test is the same as testing positive.

Exactly Boo!

Some people don't want to acknowledge Josh agreed to be in the NFL Substance Abuse program by choice, which meant he signed up for ongoing testing at any time unlike players that are only random tested. If you're gonna sign up for that - you better be passionate enough to make the sacrifice you couldn't make at the college (free-ride) level. Josh hasn't done this for himself or the 1 franchise that said "we believe in you Josh."

That's where we are right now unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

No need to act like your avatar Nickers. I'm the guy sticks up for you on occasion and have been happy to do so considering how long we go back. Nobody in here has said smoking pot is as bad as raping someone and you know that.

I don't care if you smoke or anyone else does for that matter. My brother used to back when he was still living; and I had frat brothers that did but none of them are pertinent to this discussion. You didn't agree to start your career in the NFL Substance Abuse program nor did Joe Haden nor did Leveon Bell. And why didn't you all need to? Well for starters, none of you had multiple positive tests at 2 different college football programs. Gordon got kicked off Baylor twice and he couldn't finish at Utah either. You honestly don't think Gordon could have tried a little harder to put the recreational pot use on hold for a few years?

You do realize Gordon has had 2 different NFL suspensions cut short. 1 was by 6 games when it was a 16 game suspension and 1 by 2 games when it was a 4 game suspension. And, just when he was about 4 weeks shy of completing a suspension - he checked into rehab.

This isn't about if pot is evil or not -or- how fair it is that some guys are only random tested while Josh signed up for/agreed to ongoing testing via the NFL Substance Abuse Program that he did not have to agree to.

If one's career says he has to pass piss tests - then he has to pass the freakin piss tests. He could start by finding better company than Johnny Manziel and the guy who had a huge bag of weed in his car when he needed to pass these piss tests.

You don't think I haven't wanted to get a guy with Gordon's elite talent back on the field especially with our WR Corps? Unfortunately, when it comes to Gordon - I've become a lot like how you always are about the Browns. I'll get excited about him when he gives me a recent reason to. 2013 was 4 years ago; and I haven't seen a guy willing to make a sacrifice. Sacrifice is a big part of the NFL some of the "poor Josh" crowd doesn't want to come to grips with.

Tom, I understand what your saying.. When I look at how poor our receiving core is , I cringe.. I'm not sniping at ya any.. I think I just asked a valid question.. Look at it like this...Your Josh.. and you see Martavis Bryant and LeVeon Bell getting pollyanna treatment...They're all just as guilty.. How in the hell would you feel...???

Tom, I understand what your saying.. When I look at how poor our receiving core is , I cringe.. I'm not sniping at ya any.. I think I just asked a valid question.. Look at it like this...Your Josh.. and you see Martavis Bryant and LeVeon Bell getting pollyanna treatment...They're all just as guilty.. How in the hell would you feel...???

Thanks! You probably know more than anyone how much of a problem I've always had with the NFL using just random testing as well as their use of outdated and inexpensive tests for a multi-billion $ industry crying too poor to do it right. Having said that, what I don't know is if the Players Association is also largely responsible for it only being random testing at this point.

I'm hoping like Hell Gordon is way past taking inventory of who is getting caught vrs who isn't. If not, I guess I'd stoop to being glad Martavis Bryant has missed a lot of football to suspensions too. My hope is he shouldn't give a shit about Bell at this point; because Gordon is the one with the football career at the edge of the plank right now. Time to put the recreational drug/drugs aside for a few years and play ball at the next green light -or- push the football career off the plank once and for all.

I just moved to Florida and had to pass a drug test for the company that hired me. I also agreed to follow the rules about drug use/etc for a much smaller salary than an elite NFL football player. It was as easy as breathing my man. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my fraternity days and still enjoy going to tailgates/road trips. There just comes a time in life when you gotta put family first (starting with prioritizing your career that takes care of them) even if some of the rules seem silly.

I think that if JG hadn't gotten into trouble until he'd had three years in the league under his belt AND he was with one of the leagues pet teams (Patriots, Cowboys, etc) that can do whatever they like and just get a slap on the wrist, he would have been back playing two years ago. But since he plays for the Browns, I honestly don't see him ever being reinstated unless we trade him to the Patriots, and then he would be reinstated within a month or so. Just sayin...

uh josh was busted in college coming into the league with bad piss tests. great athletic ability but dumb on our part to have drafted him in the first part.

he'll end up just like wr blackmon. fucking smoking blunts on his old assed rickety trailer park porch and dranking purple drank and taking adderrall.

• Upvote 2

Gordon might get 1 last chance being 26 years old.

I could see him playing this season after begging on his hands and knees for reinstatement and maybe sitting out some games. Its a damn shame a player so damn talented has really brought this all down on himself allowing the NFL to make an example of him. Once in the NFL substance program you randomly get tested at will with just so many hours to give a sample. Missing a test is the same as testing positive.

I'm not counting on him ever coming back. The problem I have is he could have been reinstated this past spring- but he wasn't. There had to be a reason. Not just we're not done screwing you over Josh. Even if he does get reinstated, he'll have missed 4 games at least. How much will he be able to do? Act as a decoy and run fly patterns?

He's been fucked, no doubt. But he's also fucked himself and us. Time to move on folks.

And you wonder what the shelf life is on players sitting out of the NFL really is, when do his tools start to diminish.

And why does Josh want back in? Here's a hint, minimum wage, well not our minimum wage exactly :

Each year the NFL minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $465,000 for a rookie in 2017. A players minimum salary is determined by his years of experience (YOE), ranging from 0 to 10 or more. The chart below shows the minimum (P5) salaries a team can contract a player to based on Years of Experience (credited seasons).

Yrs. 2017 2018 2019

0 $465,000 $480,000 $495,000

1 $540,000 $555,000 $570,000

2 $615,000 $630,000 $645,000

3 $690,000 $705,000 $720,000

4-6 $775,000 $790,000 $805,000

7-9 $900,000 $915,000 $930,000

10+ $1,000,000 $1,015,000 $1,030,000

https://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/

For more on salaries, benefits, etc.

Minimum wage???

Yeah.. Haden smokes more dope than all of them and hasnt got caught...

While giving guys like Ndamakah Suh and Ray Rice a pat on the ass.. Shoot Me!...

Hard to pat Rice on his ass since he's been sitting for years now...

As for Haden... he, and every player not in the "Substances of Abuse Program", know they need only stay clean for 2-3 months a year leading into their August test period and be discrete the rest of the year, and they are golden.

what happens in the minimum wage chart when your paying for one maternity case playing, than gain another maternity case while suspended? Judge G I P P E R? (how many ways can you spell Loser)

I'm hoping like Hell Gordon is way past taking inventory of who is getting caught vrs who isn't. If not, I guess I'd stoop to being glad Martavis Bryant has missed a lot of football to suspensions too. My hope is he shouldn't give a shit about Bell at this point; because Gordon is the one with the football career at the edge of the plank right now. Time to put the recreational drug/drugs aside for a few years and play ball at the next green light -or- push the football career off the plank once and for all.

I doubt that Gordon is paying attention to it. You are right, He should not be. No....It is WE...the fans who are paying attention to it and pointing out the inequity of it.

And you wonder what the shelf life is on players sitting out of the NFL really is, when do his tools start to diminish.

And why does Josh want back in? Here's a hint, minimum wage, well not our minimum wage exactly :

Each year the NFL minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $465,000 for a rookie in 2017. A players minimum salary is determined by his years of experience (YOE), ranging from 0 to 10 or more. The chart below shows the minimum (P5) salaries a team can contract a player to based on Years of Experience (credited seasons).

Yrs. 2017 2018 2019

0 $465,000 $480,000 $495,000

1 $540,000 $555,000 $570,000

2 $615,000 $630,000 $645,000

3 $690,000 $705,000 $720,000

4-6 $775,000 $790,000 $805,000

7-9 $900,000 $915,000 $930,000

10+ $1,000,000 $1,015,000 $1,030,000

https://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/

For more on salaries, benefits, etc.

Not so much diminished skills- but not knowing a damn thing about the playbook.

BUT- while he's suspended- Josh isn't accruing years of service. I'll let you guys decipher this: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon-11012/

I think he's maybe @ 3 years- might be 2, I remember there was a flap way back when the suspension kicked in about accrued years of service. If he doesn't get reinstated until the end of September- He'll forfeit around $66,700 for each game he's missed. A lot of working stiffs would take that for a year.

And in the unlikely event he does see the field this year- looking at the RFA rules- the Browns would probably put an original round tender on him (second round). Way cheaper than 1st round tender- $1.8 as opposed to $3.9 million. I'm sure the Browns have the heebie-jeebees guaranteeing Josh that kind of money, considering his past history. If they want 4 second round picks in the 2018 draft, that would be the way to go.

I believe that Goodell will let him come back this season. The NFLPA will have a say in this. IMO, Goodell will make Gordon show him just how bad he wants a job in the NFL this time. The no vote back this spring may have been to keep Gordon on the straight and narrow until the season starts.

Goodell wants to look good in the eyes of the players. A rehabilitated Gordon would be a success story.

Boo, Honestly Roger should be just as pist-off as most Browns Fans are. He made Josh the first suspended player to walk with his teammates hoping it would make a difference.He F'd him too. The NFLPA has not said peeps about it & stand behind Roger on it imo. Frank-fully Josh probably can't pay a agent at this time nor does Josh even qualify as a NFLPA member? Josh was in & out of a drug & alcohol rehab in under 3 weeks..That's not going to fly imho.. Meanwhile to the non-million-narries in the house..even Josh at some point has been here https://youtu.be/GhEqHYr-_1c

• Upvote 1

Roger GoToHell is an ass. I hate him.

But Josh Gordon is an ass too.

He has let every one of us Browns fans down. REPEATEDLY!

Josh made conscious decisions. And those decisions let us Browns fans (and team-mates) down.

I'm done feeling sorry for Josh. He and Roger GoToHell deserve each other.