#FreeJoshGordon

#PLAYtheMAN

#12FlashBackers

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The blokes a cunt. 

Maybe... but he was the best cunt of a WR we've seen in decades. Is he still? Hope to find out...

Hope they let him into England... :)

Player wise I wouldn't ever be negative. I still remember him catching a slant in New England and making Talib look like a child, he just jogged away from him for about a 40 yard TD. It was ridiculous. 

The instagram stuff was unforgivable for me. He doesn't want to be here. It's been obvious for a long time. 

What did Jim Brown say about the way they talked to him? That he would have stayed and played another year at least if they would have treated him differently...

The way Hue left it out there when he was asked about Gordon was wrong. He could have simply said that he understood and he would have Gordon's back and that when he was better he would love to have him be able to be a part of the team. 

I think that we embrace Josh and let him know that we care about HIM and we want him to play here for us would go a long way.

Back the Flash. 

That's absolute nonsense PoG.

They gave him the reps as the number one receiver and he then bailed before the season. So not only were we without him he took the reps off of WRs that were playing. 

He's treated the Browns like shit ever since he arrived HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR US. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

That's absolute nonsense PoG.

They gave him the reps as the number one receiver and he then bailed before the season. So not only were we without him he took the reps off of WRs that were playing. 

He's treated the Browns like shit ever since he arrived HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR US. 

If he gets reinstated- he doesn't have a choice this season. It would be stupid for the Browns to cut him. He's only due $1 million on his rookie deal- and that probably would get prorated considering he's going to miss some games regardless. That's dirt cheap for the talent level he's flashed in the past. BTW, he's only a RFA in 2018- meaning if he wants to get paid that year- (or go elsewhere) he had damn well better not dog it this year. If he gets on the field, and shows his old form, the Browns would doubtless slap a first round tender on him. Some other team offers him $10 million- the Browns can say thank you very much, we'll take the first round pick and have three first rounders (not counting the three second round picks) in the 2018 draft. Happy now?  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If he gets reinstated- he doesn't have a choice this season. It would be stupid for the Browns to cut him. He's only due $1 million on his rookie deal- and that probably would get prorated considering he's going to miss some games regardless. That's dirt cheap for the talent level he's flashed in the past. BTW, he's only a RFA in 2018- meaning if he wants to get paid that year- (or go elsewhere) he had damn well better not dog it this year. If he gets on the field, and shows his old form, the Browns would doubtless slap a first round tender on him. Some other team offers him $10 million- the Browns can say thank you very much, we'll take the first round pick and have three first rounders (not counting the three second round picks) in the 2018 draft. Happy now?  

I think that's exactly how it will play out if he can stay on the field. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

If he gets on the field, and shows his old form, the Browns would doubtless slap a first round tender on him. Some other team offers him $10 million- the Browns can say thank you very much, we'll take the first round pick and have three first rounders (not counting the three second round picks) in the 2018 draft. Happy now?  

All good up to here H^^the rest maybe some real Fantasy Football at best..All in the hands of the Harvard Hustlers..Really wish Josh luck seeing Week 17..no matter where this train may turn..don't see long term deals? but matching a few 1 year deals maybe? IF he even has the chance to open a Browns Locker-room Door again..Get ready for a 17 page'uurrrrrrr tread    

On 8/6/2017 at 9:29 AM, jk081965 said:

I think that if JG hadn't gotten into trouble until he'd had three years in the league under his belt AND he was with one of the leagues pet teams (Patriots, Cowboys, etc) that can do whatever they like and just get a slap on the wrist, he would have been back playing two years ago. But since he plays for the Browns, I honestly don't see him ever being reinstated unless we trade him to the Patriots, and then he would be reinstated within a month or so. Just sayin...

I don't think we can trade an inactive player. I think he'll be reinstated, ball out and be traded in the offseason.

From reddit...

I hit up Josh Gordon last night on snap and we talked for a minute and said he's done everything the NFLs asked and expects to be reinstated soon.That is all Josh told me and he asked me to not screenshot so out of respect i didn't. I told him thanks for spending the 2 minutes or so to talk to me and he left me on read but I appreciate his time and the update none the less. Many of you won't believe me which is fine. I'm not trying to prove anything. Just wait a few days. Everyone needs to have a little patience with this situation.

Derek Carr should have been our first pick.

Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast. 

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Should have drafted Tyrann Mathieu, Karl Joseph and Khalil Mack but what do I know? You're much smarter than I am. Should have kept Haden. We need to start Kevin Hogan. Jimmy Haslam needs to get Goodell on the phone and give him an earful about getting Gordon reinstated. We also need to go pluck Scooby Wright off the Cardinals practice squad. I don't even wanna know what Greg Williams could do with that beast. 

1. Definitely agree with Mack. I wasn't real high on Honey Badger for multiple reasons, to be honest.

2. That's probably true. You aren't setting the bar real high.

3. Eh on Haden. Won't shock me to hear he's been very mediocre for the Steelers or that he ends up on IR again.

4. Hogan to me is Kessler Part Deux, a guy who will be prepared and will give you a solid effort every time, but is limited physically and most likely is a fringe starter/solid backup QB for years. Browns QBs don't have a long shelf life regarding their health, so you probably will get your wish for Hogan to start relatively soon.

5. You aren't the only one on here who has this peculiar Stockholm Syndrome thing for Josh Gordon.

6. Calling someone a "beast" who is currently on a practice squad made me chuckle. Thanks for that!

Yeah, we had the chance. Blew it. 

I got the same vibes from Hogan as I did from Carr. 

Start that man. He's gonna be good. 

We should have just paid Terrell Pryor to stay here too. 

I would have liked to see Carr(or Hogan) as the QB.

WRs- Gordon, Pryor and Coleman in the slot with Higgins/Ricardo bringing up the #4/5 spots

It would be nice to get a Blue chip RB, I liked both Fournette and McCafferey. Thought that it would be interesting reuniting McC and Hogan in the NFL, they had some good offense in college. Crow and Duke will work for now. 

I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.

Besides that though, he's smart too- much like Carr. Hogan called his protections and gave his lineman the assignments in college. He's called the plays and the audibles in the big games and under pressure. He's put in more time than Kizer has and he's therefor the better QB. He was the starter for 4 years after Andrew Luck went to the NFL. He had big shoes to fill and nobody would have blamed him if he wasn't able to fill them, he not filled those shoes but he left an even bigger footprint when he left.

What did or has Kizer done? He's an inch taller than Hogan and can throw hard... Hogan is egregiously underrated as a runner- he's quick, and he can throw on the run very well. 

So when people seem to think that Kizer is on a different level than Hogan physically... I've gotta chuckle. 

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I don't know where you get off saying that Hogan has physical limitations. He's nearly 6'4" and 225 lbs. He's actually got a very strong arm. They said he had a big arm in college and I don't think it shrinks once you're in the NFL, it's only going to get stronger.

Kizer has a big arm.

Hogan has a long, baseball pitcher-like windup delivery and an average arm at best.

Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.

9 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Dude. What are you watching? You have to be kidding. Hogan doesn't rocket the ball at the turf or at a WR like Kizer does- not because he can't but because he's throwing a CATCHABLE BALL for the WR to make a play on it and get YAC. It's not because he can't.

His NFL career stats has him at 51.4 completion percentage with one touchdown and three interceptions, a 45.1 QB rating.

Maybe if he tossed the ball underhanded to his receivers he'd throw an even more CATCHABLE BALL for his WR to make a play on it and get YAC.

His NFL career hasn't even started yet. 

Archived