THE BROWNS BOARD

“THIS IS A COUP!” – Mark Levin responds to Mueller grand jury leaks and FBI leaks

OldBrownsFan

I'm more into the Teddy Roosevelt mode of thinking, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Kind of like Mueller has just done with Manafort. :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.9d02dbfb5cd3

Speak softly and carry a big stick is normally a good motto to follow but not every occasion. There is also a time to speak loudly and carry a bigger stick as in the case of dealing with North Korea.

Manafort may have some trouble over some of his prior business dealings with Russia who knows. Trump brought in Manafort as campaign manager when Cruz was outmaneuvering the Trump campaign in the primaries and getting delegates Trump had won. Manafort came in and quickly put a stop to that. That was what he was hired for.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that Mueller knew he was not as forthcoming to a congressional hearing the day before as they knew he should have been, so off to court they went to get the search warrant.

In related news (to the threats back and forth between us and N.K.)

Raytheon is up 2.5% today. Who are they you may ask? A defense contractor deeply involved in the GMD, Ground based Midcourse Defense system which translates to anti-ballistic missile missiles. Just another part of the big stick. They are not perfect yet, but there are some deployed already. No secret information here. It's on the internet.

Not to worry. Trump had a secret plan all along when he pulled us out of the Paris global warning agreement. It's called Nuclear Winter. :lol: :lol:

The Paris accord was a bad deal for the United States. Glad to see Trump put our interests first and get out of it.

The Paris climate agreement was a terrible deal for the US

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-paris-climate-agreement-was-a-terrible-deal-for-the-us/article/2624974

So any of you guys that are pissed off about the Paris Accord tell me what you think it will do. Is it just one of those 'well we've got to do something!' 'it will make the Europeans love us more'

Let's hear it boys. I can't imagine there's more than two of you that are big fans of it.

WSS

Some of us believe Global Warming is real and man-made because... you know... science. Not sure what better shot we have than the Paris accord, which by the way the rest of the world is sticking with.

We now stand with Syria and Nicaragua... al-Assad and Ortega. Yeah, Buddy!

I wouldn't be at all surprised with financial dealings with Russian institutions and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. The United States of America does business each and every day with Nations that might have something other than our best interest at heart. But now Russia is the Boogeyman.
And of course that situation will probably never come up with most politicians from either party since so very few of them have had any success in business to begin with.

That Trump's business background is unique is a fair point... be it successful or not. In the end all politicians have to sell is their influence. The question is whether Trump's influence was prepaid for...

"Dealings" with "Russians Institutions" means dealings with extensions of the Russian government. If those dealings were honestly at fair values, then there's no harm. If they were overly generous, then that's a different matter. And if they also involved illicit activity, e.g., money laundering, then we're in a whole other

ball game.

You'll notice the raid was in July. It's just another dead end you can bet on it. If anything was found it would already have been 'leaked' to the press.

And what "leak" has come out of the Mueller investigation? I asked a couple pages ago and got no answer. Thought I'd give it another shot.

That's right tour some of us think that global warming is real and Mankind might probably have an effect on it even though we don't have much idea what that might be nor how it can be stopped or more importantly reversed because, you know, science. And we don't think that the Paris Accord will do jack shit except transfer money from our pockets to the Europeans, because you know, politics.

WSS

Archived