THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Gay Soccer Thread

LondonBrown

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

BTW Z in Third World countries, that's all you need to play soccer, a ball and two sticks for a goal post.  

But I'd bet if we had all grown up in Europe, we'd all be soccer fans.  :)  

Yep, that's exactly what I said.

We've got basketball courts, baseball fields and football fields, so we're good.

But I'd bet if we had all grown up in Europe, we'd all be soccer fans.  :)

Well thank God we didn't, because soccer blows.

And with the shoe on the other foot, the majority of the rest of the world doesn't give a rat about American football.

Did you read the part where I said I don't give a shit that don't give a shit?

Zombo

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2018 at 10:07 AM, The Gipper said:

Machismo doesn't define whether something is a sport or not. Try your hand at figure skating and tell me if it is hard or not.

Golf isn't a sport. It simply isn't. A pro who is a par shooter is going to take 72 swings per round of golf. From top to contact, let's say generously a swing takes 6 seconds to execute. That means a guy does 432 seconds of physical work to play an entire round. 7 minutes plus change. What the hell kind of sport takes 3 hours and requires 7 minutes of physical activity? Let's not be stupid.

Soccer? A sport for effeminate men. A sport mostly played by homosexuals. Soccer is nothing more than Dancing With The Stars for sissy boys. How can anyone watch this schidt? 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Machismo doesn't define whether something is a sport or not. Try your hand at figure skating and tell me if it is hard or not.

Golf isn't a sport. It simply isn't. A pro who is a par shooter is going to take 72 swings per round of golf. From top to contact, let's say generously a swing takes 6 seconds to execute. That means a guy does 432 seconds of physical work to play an entire round. 7 minutes plus change. What the hell kind of sport takes 3 hours and requires 7 minutes of physical activity? Let's not be stupid.

Soccer? A sport for effeminate men. A sport mostly played by homosexuals. Soccer is nothing more than Dancing With The Stars for sissy boys. How can anyone watch this schidt? 

LOL, you remember Garo Yepremian saying "I keek a touchdown?" But at least on the pro level, you at least have to have endurance, not to mention some skill. We had a pretty decent soccer team in college and I'd see guys running around our basketball court bouncing the ball off their head continuously. Try that one on for degree of difficulty.  Gips protestations there's a lot of standing around is BS.  From Wiki- Long games, a massive field and a constantly moving ball add up to serious distance for soccer players. STATS puts the average at 7 miles per game depending on position, and as much as 9.5 miles for some players

Tom, I'm 100% with you on golf. But you at least have to be able to walk- if you remember they wouldn't give that guy an exemption to use a cart because he had some weird vascular disorder. It's a repetitive skill. At least driving the ball off a tee, and putting. John Daley doesn't have that athletic look. Though with all due respects, the better golfers today do work out. Hey- Rory McIllroy missed some time on the Tour, got himself hurt playing soccer with his friends.  :)  

I played competitive tennis in my earlier years- and for sure you have to have some athletic ability- especially now. Back in the 70s you'd see guys hit kill shots once in awhile, now they murder every stroke. As to a repetitive skill- that's how I learned to develop a decent serve. Went out one summer every day with a bucket of tennis balls, and hit serves for a couple hours, until I got good at it. 

Gips protestations there's a lot of standing around is BS.

I didn't say they just stood around, they move....but just with very rare attempt to attack the goal.   The guys running the Dean Smith 4 corners moved...the would dribble the ball all around and pass it all around....never attempting to score.  You know...like in soccer. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Gips protestations there's a lot of standing around is BS.

I didn't say they just stood around, they move....but just with very rare attempt to attack the goal.   The guys running the Dean Smith 4 corners moved...the would dribble the ball all around and pass it all around....never attempting to score.  You know...like in soccer. 

Me and Nero would say that's your utter lack of knowledge how the game is played showing. You can't constantly attack in soccer, (you have to look for your openings) it leaves you open to a counter-attack- listen to the FS1 commentators. Shove everyone up close, one boot over the defenders heads, it's the equivalent of a three on none basketball break, and an almost certain goal. Where you don't get a second- or tenth chance, like in basketball. $hit like that happens (using the hockey equivalent) when you're down a goal, and you pull the goalie to go 6 on 5 in the last minute or two. Goals are at a premium- for a reason. They could make the scoring a a lot higher if they just shrunk the field. 

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Me and Nero would say that's your utter lack of knowledge how the game is played showing.

Maybe..but that does not make it any less boring.

You can't constantly attack in soccer, (you have to look for your openings) it leaves you open to a counter-attack- listen to the FS1 commentators. Shove everyone up close, one boot over the defenders heads, it's the equivalent of a three on none basketball break, and an almost certain goal. Where you don't get a second- or tenth chance, like in basketball. $hit like that happens (using the hockey equivalent) when you're down a goal, and you pull the goalie to go 6 on 5 in the last minute or two. Goals are at a premium- for a reason. They could make the scoring a a lot higher if they just shrunk the field. 

Goals are at a premium because the teams rarely attempt to attack the goal...and because the rules of the game  disallow exciting attacks on the goal.  Eliminate the offside rule....make shootouts an organic part of the game..then it would maybe be interesting and exciting.  (But fuycking God forbid that there actually be 2-3 more goals scored per game.....)

On 6/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, hoorta said:

LOL, you remember Garo Yepremian saying "I keek a touchdown?" But at least on the pro level, you at least have to have endurance, not to mention some skill. We had a pretty decent soccer team in college and I'd see guys running around our basketball court bouncing the ball off their head continuously. Try that one on for degree of difficulty.  Gips protestations there's a lot of standing around is BS.  From Wiki- Long games, a massive field and a constantly moving ball add up to serious distance for soccer players. STATS puts the average at 7 miles per game depending on position, and as much as 9.5 miles for some players

Tom, I'm 100% with you on golf. But you at least have to be able to walk- if you remember they wouldn't give that guy an exemption to use a cart because he had some weird vascular disorder. It's a repetitive skill. At least driving the ball off a tee, and putting. John Daley doesn't have that athletic look. Though with all due respects, the better golfers today do work out. Hey- Rory McIllroy missed some time on the Tour, got himself hurt playing soccer with his friends.  :)  

I played competitive tennis in my earlier years- and for sure you have to have some athletic ability- especially now. Back in the 70s you'd see guys hit kill shots once in awhile, now they murder every stroke. As to a repetitive skill- that's how I learned to develop a decent serve. Went out one summer every day with a bucket of tennis balls, and hit serves for a couple hours, until I got good at it. 

Larry, on a serious note, my trip to the Masters was eye-opening. I don't consider horse racing a sport and will never change my opinion on that, but whatever one calls it, these pro golfers are very, very skilled. I honestly don't want to dis the guys. It is boring to me, but wow they have great hand eye, discipline and range judgement. Soccer? Boring to me, but these guys are athletes. Do you remember Kyle Rote Junior on the Super Stars Competition? We all laughed at the thought of a soccer sissy competing against NFL, MLB, NBA and boxers. hey guy didn't just win, he dominated.

I am an old NFL American. Baseball, Hotdogs Apple Pie and Chevrolet. I remember the great times we had in the 60s and 70s, and I have lived to see much that was good turned to schidt.  I say, God Bless anyone who can get paid to do something they love. I just like football, ya know?

I'm not a big Soccer/Futbol fan.. However.. I have tons of respect for those guys.. They play theyre butts off!... You have to have insane stamina to play it..  My Uncle was an Ohio Regional Championship coach and a player.. Hes won 10 championships as a player.. And an another10 championships as head coach.. That's like Impossible in any sport at any level... Yet there he is.. Inducted and enshrined in the Ohio Soccer Hall Of Fame , in Columbus...

On 6/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, Ghoolie said:

What you don't enjoy fake knee injuries or dramatic falls from mythical trips or dying from a toe being not really stepped on when viewed slow-mo?

Commonist!😘

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, on a serious note, my trip to the Masters was eye-opening. I don't consider horse racing a sport and will never change my opinion on that, but whatever one calls it, these pro golfers are very, very skilled. I honestly don't want to dis the guys. It is boring to me, but wow they have great hand eye, discipline and range judgement. Soccer? Boring to me, but these guys are athletes. Do you remember Kyle Rote Junior on the Super Stars Competition? We all laughed at the thought of a soccer sissy competing against NFL, MLB, NBA and boxers. hey guy didn't just win, he dominated.

I am an old NFL American. Baseball, Hotdogs Apple Pie and Chevrolet. I remember the great times we had in the 60s and 70s, and I have lived to see much that was good turned to schidt.  I say, God Bless anyone who can get paid to do something they love. I just like football, ya know?

I would never say that soccer players are not athletes nor that they did not have great skill...they do.  My issue is with the sport itself and how it can be such a cure for insomnia because of the way they play it and some of its rules.

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK....back to the actual subject of this thread.   Here is a live video cam on the progress of the construction of the new Raiders stadium in Las Vegas:

https://www.raiders.com/lasvegas/live-stadium-camera

Nice stadium a definite plus for Vegas and their long desired entry into the professional sports world in this new nationwide sports betting climate coming up.

But sock-her is still a girlie sport, fun to play maybe but girlie  like badminton.   :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Nice stadium a definite plus for Vegas and their long desired entry into the professional sports world in this new nationwide sports betting climate coming up.

But sock-her is still a girlie sport, fun to play maybe but girlie  like badminton.   :lol:

Vegas is already in the Pro sports world.  Did you see any of the hockey playoffs? Stanley Cup finals included the Las Vegas Golden Kanigits.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I would never say that soccer players are not athletes nor that they did not have great skill...they do.  My issue is with the sport itself and how it can be such a cure for insomnia because of the way they play it and some of its rules.

& I agree plenty of people find soccer mighty boring.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He is actually a referee, not a player.

They need more than one referee, just MHO.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They don't wear pads, and last match Reynaldo was constantly getting kicked in the shins. I'll admit some guys over react when they get tackled, but not all. Just like guys wanting the ref to throw a flag in football.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Vegas is already in the Pro sports world.  Did you see any of the hockey playoffs? Stanley Cup finals included the Las Vegas Golden Kanigits.

Vegas wanted pro sports for years and the leagues finally agreed, I don't think it is a mob potential problem the way it used to be. 

I saw very little of the NEW Vegas Golden Nights (play on words :lol:  sounds like a motel chain ) Stanley Cup games, outside of the Penguins in not that big a TV fan.

Just a FYI from nfl.com 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap3000000935889/J-J-Watt-duels-Sergio-Aguero-in-penalty-kick-field-goal-competitions-Game-Recognize-Game

JJ Watt is pretty damn athletic. LOL, could have made it as a soccer goalie. FWIW, sign that soccer guy up as a field goal kicker. I don't doubt he could set an NFL record for distance...  Don't know how his hands are, but for sure he has the speed to play WR.  

Just now, hoorta said:

Just a FYI from nfl.com 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap3000000935889/J-J-Watt-duels-Sergio-Aguero-in-penalty-kick-field-goal-competitions-Game-Recognize-Game

JJ Watt is pretty damn athletic. LOL, could have made it as a soccer goalie. FWIW, sign that soccer guy up a a field goal kicker. I don't doubt he could set an NFL record for distance...   

Even college coaches look for players with soccer experience to "keek de ball".

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just a FYI from nfl.com 

JJ Watt is pretty damn athletic. LOL, could have made it as a soccer goalie. FWIW, sign that soccer guy up as a field goal kicker. I don't doubt he could set an NFL record for distance...  Don't know how his hands are, but for sure he has the speed to play WR.  

How about this:  have the soccer guy and the football guy play against each other in a sport in which neither is proficient at....such as basketball.

Or....lets see how each of them is able to handle a 95 mph fastball...or a curve or slider.

Just now, The Gipper said:

How about this:  have the soccer guy and the football guy play against each other in a sport in which neither is proficient at....such as basketball.

Or....lets see how each of them is able to handle a 95 mph fastball...or a curve or slider.

My money is on Watt in basketball- I have no doubt he can dunk with ease...   

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Decathlon? Pentathalon? BINGO?

All of this depends on how you define an athlete. 

Bowling, don't forget bowling. he ultimate coordination sport. All pro athletes look clumsy bowling.

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What you don't enjoy fake knee injuries or dramatic falls from mythical trips or dying from a toe being not really stepped on when viewed slow-mo?

Commonist!😘

Cathy and I were sitting at a bar a year ago and I called the soccer game on TV a Homo Hoedown. A guy next to us got upset and started talking to me about how great of a sport soccer is. Well, schidt, I am no different in person than I am here when it comes to idiots, so I started insulting soccer more and more. He got more and mroe mad and his girlfriend made a gesture to my wife that suggested that we needed to close the curtain on this topic. Not a good idea. Cathy responded, hey honey, I don't know about your man, but mine as balls and his own mind. I don't control what he says, nor do I give a schidt what he says.

As it turned out, this guy played soccer in college with Kyle Rote Junior. When I suggested to him that Kyles first love was football, he went absolutely bonkers. Red in the face, voice crakick, outraged....HE WAS TRIGGERED. The Coup d Gras? I told him that he made my case about soccer players being like homos, certainly effeminte, by the way his panties got stuck up his twat because some guy at the bar didn't like something he liked.

Soccer fans are homos..................soccer is homo.

3 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Anybody watch Any of this Sh.it?

Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

FIFY!😂

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Every time I breeze by it I watch long enough to see one of those fake rollovers holding a knee in fake agony and just change the channel.

FIFY!😂

I know.

2 minutes later they are back out running around again. I still dont get the yellow card business. Red card and youre out.

I was talking to a friend whose husband is a big soccer fan and I found this interesting. Just for the record I don't find soccer interesting at all but...

I guess there was some TV special and coverage about the Liverpool team. I'm guessing it shared some similarities with Hard Knocks. One of the main reasons they selected Liverpool was because Americans find the Liverpool accent easier to understand because of, guess who?

WSS

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

I know.

2 minutes later they are back out running around again. I still dont get the yellow card business. Red card and youre out.

:lol:  :o

Screenshot_2018-06-22-10-25-41.png

Archived