THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Gay Soccer Thread

LondonBrown

I've never been keen on an NFL team in London - never will, or anywhere in the UK. The NFL should pump some money into the game so that it can be played here, at school / college level, not just reap the cash on the back of what is an American passion. That said, it's pretty likely the browns will play in the UK in the next few years and, as I understand the terms between FES and Cleveland City, they won't be home games as all home games have to be played in CLE. So It won't deprive Browns of a home game which I think would be tragic. I'd also love to spend a weekend in London with my Browns Board pals. Wait til they get the victoria line to Seven Sisters and t do the Walk. N17 isn't really on the tourist map.

Ha what a lovely walk that is, if you like boarded up shops and the smell of weed that is...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been keen on an NFL team in London - never will, or anywhere in the UK. The NFL should pump some money into the game so that it can be played here, at school / college level, not just reap the cash on the back of what is an American passion. That said, it's pretty likely the browns will play in the UK in the next few years and, as I understand the terms between FES and Cleveland City, they won't be home games as all home games have to be played in CLE. So It won't deprive Browns of a home game which I think would be tragic. I'd also love to spend a weekend in London with my Browns Board pals. Wait til they get the victoria line to Seven Sisters and t do the Walk. N17 isn't really on the tourist map.

Indeed, we would need tour guide to find those things beyond Buckingham Palace and Picadilly Circus. I've got cousins there that would help, but your keen eye would be invaluable.

But, before you ask Howie, no, I don't need to play the Crying Game.

Wrong side of London for me! I'll stick to watching the Browns on Gamepass!

So if the Browns came to London, you wouldn't go because Islington is too far? I don't believe that for a minute!

No worries. If you get an NFL team, it will have to come in with it own unique identity. So here you go.....Trivia time. Of the following names, which ones have never been the name of an NFL team. Just highlight those you think:

Pros

Gunners

Senators

Generals

Colonels

Majors

Knights

Kings

Dukes

Earls

Eskimos

Lions

Tigers

Bears

Tin Men

Scarecrows

Crimson Jihad

Crimson Giants

Brickley Giants

Reds

Greens

Blues

Browns

Maroons

Yellow Jackets

Red Jackets

Dons

Johns

Pauls

Georges

Ringos

Staleys

Stapletons

Rangers

Flyers

Those in Bold were never the names of an NFL team. The others were.

But, there were New Jersey Generals in the USFL.

• 4 months later...

Yes, I was just goofing on soccer with this thread.......Bravo to the soccer fa(n)s on here for not taking the bait.

*bows*

I know how you feel about the sport. Not sure why you feel the need to keep trolling, hoping to get a rise out of people though?

Yep, Come On You Irons! For my sins I'm a season ticket holder at West Ham and have been for many years. It's an East London/Essex team with good support in Kent too. Also the subject of a number of hooligan films.

Archived