THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie Verses Hoorta - The stage is set

Ghoolie

I hope you meant Manning to Denver. & BTW, Denver's defense won that Super Bowl, not a very washed up Peyton Manning. Von Miller was the MVP of that game IIRC. Even our (now) QB Brock Osweiler won some regular season games that year in Denver when Manning was hurt.

Luck did get Indy to the playoffs, but then a couple of the old o-line guys retired, weren't replaced- and Andy started getting hammered because of it. Holds on to the ball too long? Every freaking college scout thought Luck was the best QB prospect in like forever. And Indy thought so much of his talent- they redid his contract to make him the highest paid QB in the NFL- until Derek Carr got that monster deal from the Raiders this year.

Finally LOL, Atlanta's QB is "Matty Ice" Ryan- and one of the few things that changed about that team in their SB year was the addition of Alex Mack. I'll let Flugels educate you on the finer points of how some OL are better in certain blocking schemes. Cam Erving has proven he sucks in most every scheme and every O-line position. He's a big fatass turnstile. About as big a bust as Justin Gilbert. If he wasn't a first round pick- he would have been cut already. Defensive game planning is pretty simple- find out where Erving is playing, run by him like he's not even there, and laugh your ass off when he misses trying to block guys on the second level- something Mack excels at. .

More horseshit. Erving will have a Stellar year. The Bengals will do better without the fatasses they lost. THe Browns O will be worse.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you meant Manning to Denver. & BTW, Denver's defense won that Super Bowl, not a very washed up Peyton Manning. Von Miller was the MVP of that game IIRC. Even our (now) QB Brock Osweiler won some regular season games that year in Denver when Manning was hurt.

Luck did get Indy to the playoffs, but then a couple of the old o-line guys retired, weren't replaced- and Andy started getting hammered because of it. Holds on to the ball too long? Every freaking college scout thought Luck was the best QB prospect in like forever. And Indy thought so much of his talent- they redid his contract to make him the highest paid QB in the NFL- until Derek Carr got that monster deal from the Raiders this year.

Finally LOL, Atlanta's QB is "Matty Ice" Ryan- and one of the few things that changed about that team in their SB year was the addition of Alex Mack. I'll let Flugels educate you on the finer points of how some OL are better in certain blocking schemes. Cam Erving has proven he sucks in most every scheme and every O-line position. He's a big fatass turnstile. About as big a bust as Justin Gilbert. If he wasn't a first round pick- he would have been cut already. Defensive game planning is pretty simple- find out where Erving is playing, run by him like he's not even there, and laugh your ass off when he misses trying to block guys on the second level- something Mack excels at. .

Yes... it was the defense that won the Denver SB. The same Denver D that did so good for Semen Slurper... OOOOPS GO AHEAD LARRY.........Tell me again how Manning had a lot better defense than Semen Slurper did.. It's never the QB, is it Larry? It is always the fatass OL that make the difference.

Yes... it was the defense that won the Denver SB. The same Denver D that did so good for Semen Slurper... OOOOPS GO AHEAD LARRY.........Tell me again how Manning had a lot better defense than Semen Slurper did.. It's never the QB, is it Larry? It is always the fatass OL that make the difference.

Did you even bother looking how many guys on the Denver D bolted after they won the SB? STFU.

Luck is a choker in big games and surrounded by enablers with excuses on why he loses.

2012 - Lost the Wildcard round , 51% completion percentage 0 TDs, 1 INT and 1 Fumble. 1 and done,

2013 - Lost the Division round, 50% completion percentage, 4 INTS and 3 sacks

2014 - Lost the Championship round - 36% completion percentage, 126 passing yards and 0 TDs in a 45 - 7 ass kicking.

A choke job in a Super Bowl is all thats missing.

Luck should have lost in the 2013 Wildcard round to KC, but he ran into a bigger choker in Andy Reid. KC had a 31 - 10 lead in the 3rd quarter and Luck was trying to break his INT record by connecting on 3 INTs with the KC defense. All Reid had to do was run the ball and use up all the play clock, but no that would have been too smart. Reid had a better plan to pass the ball and leave time of the play clock.

All these QBs are battling injuries. Ben Gay is always hurt.

Well, we can debate whether or not Luck is a choker...or maybe he just ran into Tom Brady in a few of those games. (and when you lose 45-7...sounds to me more like that team's defense choked).

What we can't debate is that when he had a decent OL...at least he was capable of getting into those playoff games. Without one...he is hurt and the team is losing.

The Indy defense was spent because Luck could not pick up 1st downs to extend drives.

Does that include the 1st Qtr when NE went up 14-0? Or their 87 yd TD drive to open the 3rd?

The 45 - 7 game, Bad Luck completed 36% of his passes and for only 126 yards putting the defense back on the field. Time of possession rounded off was 22 minutes Indy and 38 minutes NE. NE gave the ball back to Indy with 2:00 left. Indy ran 3 running plays. Basically TOP was 20 minutes to 40 minutes. The Indy defense was spent because Luck could not pick up 1st downs to extend drives.

Luck 2 INTs, 0 TDs and 3 for 11 on 3rd downs.

When Indy gets the OL the way Luck wants it, it will be time to get new WRs and RBs because the guys there now will be too old.

So, you think that being behind 45-7 with 3 minutes left still gave Indy a chance to win? They were just playing out the string.

If time of possession was 40/20....then my original thought held sway: Indy's defense didn't do shit to stop the other team.

I suspect a lot of Luck's poor play was the result of desperation.

And if Indy's defense was spent I suspect it more due to the fact that they were being run over...and not to Luck not playing so well.

NE had 12 3rd down conversions

Indy had 3 3rd down conversions

You cant spin time of possession.

And you just solidified the point that the Indy defense couldn't do shit to stop NE. You didn't say how many 3rd down attempts there were for each team.

No, I did not.

9 of Lucks drives were garbage. Luck is a myth.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201501180nwe.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Yeah,desperate to complete a pass to his own team.

7 of Lucks 11 drives.

3 plays 1:03 punt

5 plays 1;36 punt

4 plays 1:05 INT

3 plays ;53 punt

6 plays 2:41 INT

3 plays 2:03 punt

7 drives produced

27 plays

0 points,

2 INTS

10:21 came off the clock

That blows, but somehow Luck has people buffaloed that nothing is his fault. I wouldnt take Andy Luck no way.

What you have proven is that Luck simply had a bad day, not a bad career.

Are you saying you would not trade any of the Browns current QB corps for him right now? I thought not.

And it was also proven that the Indy defense sucked swamp water in that game....as they did for most of last year as well.

But, by all means....disavow that there would be any interest in having Luck QB the Browns....or almost any other team. About 30 NFL GMs would disagree with you.

I think you Pats fags are clearly a spoiled lot. Maybe when you turn to anyone but Brady you will learn what it is like again to be normal football fans.

:P

Luck has had a bad 5 years. Trading a Browns QB has nothing to do with it.

Call me a fag again and back you go for several more months of solitary confinement in the box.

Are you going to take on the #2 pick in the All Time draft? I am about ready to make pick #1 overall.....finook! :P

LOL- this was supposed to be between me and Ghoolie. Not about the relative merits of Andrew Luck. I'd take Andy for the Browns- and so would about 25 other NFL teams, but probably not at $25 million a year. :)

Yeah,desperate to complete a pass to his own team.

7 of Lucks 11 drives.

5 plays 1;36 punt

4 plays 1:05 INT

3 plays ;53 punt

6 plays 2:41 INT

3 plays 2:03 punt

7 drives produced

27 plays

0 points,

2 INTS

10:21 came off the clock

That blows, but somehow Luck has people buffaloed that nothing is his fault. I wouldnt take Andy Luck no way.

Very Astute post. Andrew Luck is Tim Couch with offensive weapons, and homo-turf. Over rated. Denver hosed the Colts.

LOL- this was supposed to be between me and Ghoolie. Not about the relative merits of Andrew Luck. I'd take Andy for the Browns- and so would about 25 other NFL teams, but probably not at $25 million a year. :)

Yeah, but battles between me and you don't seem to be interesting to anyone but us. I think we can both agree, this season has the makings of the most interesting one yet.

NE had 12 3rd down conversions

Indy had 3 3rd down conversions

You cant spin time of possession.

All in the 1st Qtr?

I ain't the one spinnin' here...

Well that would make one of us...

How long will you ignore the facts that the failure of the Indy D in the 1st and 3rd Qtrs cannot be placed at Luck's feet? That spotting the Pats 4 TDs in those two Qtrs tends to adversely impact any QB's effectiveness?

Youre just the kind of fan that Andrew Luck likes.

You mean one that knows the game? Guilty as charged...

You completely miss my point. I hope for your sake it's willfully.

I'm not a Luck fan. Reread everything I've posted in our exchanges. Point out any "fan" utterance.

I'm not making excuses for Luck. Reread everything I've posted in our exchanges. Point out any "excuse" made.

I am simply saying that given the game circumstances 4 Pats TDs are not attributable to your simplistic explanation of that game.

Tony Romo with the Amish look. The fans are going to turn on him soon.

Its all about the QB.

Look at virtually every Super Bowl. Both teams got there because they found a QB good enough to win.

Bingo

Let me phrase it another way. Yeah, the defense wilted because Luck could not keep his offense on the field to rest the Colts defense.Its not the Cots defense fault that Luck completed 36% of his passes and threw 2 INTs to NE. 36% is worst than pathetic. A borderline shitbum is at 50%.

If that's a different phrasing, then so is this: It's not Luck's fault that the Colts D could not stop the first two drives of both halves.

Its been decades since some of these guys have seen a good Browns QB.

Probably just like a vagina..

LOL. Hoorta has created a group of followers I call, Hoortards. If the QB has a great day, it is because of the OL. If he has a shitty day, it is because of the OL. No matter what a QB does, the Hoortard blames the OL.

Manning wins SBs..................... it is because of the great Colts, OL.

Manning leaves, and Luck takes over. Luck sucks, but it is because the same OL Manning had, NOW sucks.

Manning goes to Denver and wins another SB...........it is because of the great OL and D

Manning leaves...the same D, the same OL, the Broncos suck......................This because of the bad OL

Brady looked like shit in the 1st 1/2 of the SB..........That was because his OL sucked.

Brady got lucky int he 2nd 1/2..................hat was because his OL is stellar.

Fucking idiots.

LOL. Hoorta has created a group of followers I call, Hoortards. If the QB has a great day, it is because of the OL. If he has a shitty day, it is because of the OL. No matter what a QB does, the Hoortard blames the OL.

Manning wins SBs..................... it is because of the great Colts, OL.

Manning leaves, and Luck takes over. Luck sucks, but it is because the same OL Manning had, NOW sucks.

Manning goes to Denver and wins another SB...........it is because of the great OL and D

Manning leaves...the same D, the same OL, the Broncos suck......................This because of the bad OL

Brady looked like shit in the 1st 1/2 of the SB..........That was because his OL sucked.

Brady got lucky int he 2nd 1/2..................hat was because his OL is stellar.

Fucking idiots.

Yeah- those guys at nfl.com don't know diddly doo.

Cincinnati Bengals: They finish with a worse record than last season (6-9-1).

This hasn't happened since 2010, the year of the T.O.-Ochocinco marriage. So what gives? It's not because of the wide receiver group, which should be just fine with A.J. Green and rookie John Ross. No, the issue on offense is the offensive line, a group that didn't play particularly well last season. That group lost its two top players (Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Whitworth) during the offseason, which doesn't bode well for the skill positions. Sure, Ross boasts a tremendous 40 time, but by the time he gets downfield, Andy Dalton could very well be on his back. Many draftniks touted second-round selection Joe Mixon as a steal. But he won't be if he's running through some of the same holes Jeremy Hill saw last season. Cincinnati missed Hue Jackson's guidance on offense last season. Leadership on defense has been lacking. Wins could be similarly rare.

Yeah, but battles between me and you don't seem to be interesting to anyone but us. I think we can both agree, this season has the makings of the most interesting one yet.

Well, if you guys would get together we could have Ghoolie drinking Zaya Rum, and Hoorta drinking the Orange Shit.....and first one that passes out loses?

Well that would make one of us...

How long will you ignore the facts that the failure of the Indy D in the 1st and 3rd Qtrs cannot be placed at Luck's feet? That spotting the Pats 4 TDs in those two Qtrs tends to adversely impact any QB's effectiveness?

That is a No Shit Sherlock statement....though I am not sure that Moriarty (Boo) yet gets the picture.

Perhaps unknowingly, your making a great case as a new Andy Luck apologist without realizing it.

Let me phrase it another way. Yeah, the defense wilted because Luck could not keep his offense on the field to rest the Colts defense.Its not the Cots defense fault that Luck completed 36% of his passes and threw 2 INTs to NE. 36% is worst than pathetic. A borderline shitbum is at 50%.

Then I can assume that your position would be that John Elway was an overrated QB? After all.....his performances in his first 3 Super Bowls were a lot like Luck's performance in that ONE game in question....and his team got smoked just as badly in all those games.

Phoolie and Phagley... a two-man circlejerk.

Fun fact... NE was 7th in the league last season in rushing yards. #BradyBlocksToo?

Funner fact... Osweiler's numbers equaled or bested Manning's during Denver's 2015 SB run.

There are several pieces in every football team. Those pieces are interdependent. They are not equally important.

Not every piece has to excel to bring team success. Strong pieces can compensate for/elevate relatively weaker ones, but they cannot overcome a truly bad one (or more).

Archived