THE BROWNS BOARD

Peckers hold out

Westside Steve

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever woody....read the 3 posts above and tell me you werent presuming the agents motives....whilst disparaging me for presuming the same with Peppers.....when we BOTH know the motives are $$$$.....

The only difference is that you're making it a college thing, instead of realizing we'd bitch about ANYBODY who held out....

It is very clear....

Well, I didnt see you responding to the troll post calling him a slug....I saw you defending Peppers holdout by using Bosa.....

Bottom line.....your defense is "I do it,because they do it".......which, in my world, makes you just as wrong.....keep it up....

Just know that Peppers will be rated "by most of us" based upon his play as a Brown and how he acts as a professional....not because he is a michigan guy(so, it's annoying to have Michigan guy defend his every move just because hes a michigan guy)(seee?)......tho, Im sure and as you claim, many will harrass you about it, because you so easily and quickly respond to it.....guess you just dont realize that your constant defense of Mich causes more pokes at you and Michigan and gives the trolls a woody(.see what I did there?).....and the reason you see it all over the board, is those comments follow you and no one else even notices or cares....

So....carry on....defend away.....cause someone has to care, right?

Except i don't do what they do. If i did, there'd be posts ripping Zeke, Hooker, etc. All I'm doing is trying to set the record straight, and defend the player with facts. The issue is you take that as the same thing as starting this BS to begin with. I disagree. And again, that's because this is, as you said, OSU country. It is apparently my fault for correcting someone when they're incorrect about Michigan or a Michigan player.

Again, Bosa had a long hold out, with the same agent. Whether or not you see it or believe it, whether or not tis describes you, many have been ready to jump on Peppers day 1 because of his college. I'm just providing those posters context using the college they support.

If you're thoughts are that I'm not allowed to defend the player from blatantly incorrect comments, then just ignore my posts, because we won't see eye to eye. If you see my defense as been as bad or worse than the original attacks on him, then so be it.

We can agree to disagree and I'll keep defending him (when warranted) from the obvious college bias exhibited by some posters on here.

Peppers seems so intriguing but he's a tweener. He'd be better off being a typical player at a position rather than being able to play multiple positions. The only way to be versitile in the nfl is to be able to hold your drafted position and play special teams and this is why I didn't like him being picked so high.

That's not really true.

"Tweener" recently carries a negative connotation because of some high profile LB/DEs who failed to perform. There are multiple examples of talented hybrid SS/LBs in the NFL.

Further, NFL defenses are rapidly evolving and incorporating scheme-fluid and position-fluid players. Williams has already stated our defensive players will be tasked with learning two positions.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/is-that-a-lb-or-a-safety-why-hybrid-players-are-part-of-a-growing-nfl-trend

Exactly. Bosa wasn't drafted by the Browns though so it makes less difference to us. On the other hand my boy Brady Quinn was drafted by the Browns and held up which I think hurt the team and his career. And pisssed me off greatly.

WSS

I really don't think it was his holdout that hurt Quinn's career. I think it was just ultimately proven in the end that he sucked...holdout or not.

Three years later with Kansas City he sucked as bad or worse than he did here....and no holdout affected his performance there.

Whatever woody....read the 3 posts above and tell me you werent presuming the agents motives....whilst disparaging me for presuming the same with Peppers.....when we BOTH know the motives are $$$$.....

The only difference is that you're making it a college thing, instead of realizing we'd bitch about ANYBODY who held out....

It is very clear....

Well, I didnt see you responding to the troll post calling him a slug....I saw you defending Peppers holdout by using Bosa.....

Bottom line.....your defense is "I do it,because they do it".......which, in my world, makes you just as wrong.....keep it up....

Just know that Peppers will be rated "by most of us" based upon his play as a Brown and how he acts as a professional....not because he is a michigan guy(so, it's annoying to have Michigan guy defend his every move just because hes a michigan guy)(seee?)......tho, Im sure and as you claim, many will harrass you about it, because you so easily and quickly respond to it.....guess you just dont realize that your constant defense of Mich causes more pokes at you and Michigan and gives the trolls a woody(.see what I did there?).....and the reason you see it all over the board, is those comments follow you and no one else even notices or cares....

So....carry on....defend away.....cause someone has to care, right?

The fact is, once those players put on the Brown and Orange, we don't care where they went to college.

If a former Michigan player does well with the Browns...then we give him the love. Say Hello to Thom Darden, Steve Everitt, Leroy Hoard, Aaron Shea etc.

If a Michigan player does for shit...we will have him the shit. See Braylon Edwards...loved when he did well....not loved when he began to suck and drop everything.

And the other fact is that NO other players get blasted on here more than an OSU player that does poorly: Brian Robiskie, Craig Powell.

And note this, since "the return" the Browns have drafted exactly 2 OSU players...in any round. Robiskie in rd. 2 and Darnell Sanders in round 4 (and they either released or traded him immediately). They may have been so damaged by taking Powell in the first round in 1995 that they have wanted to steer clear of OSU players...it seems. It seems that there could have been a number of OSU players that could have helped them. Who would you rather have right now: Ezekial Elliot or Joey Bosa...or Corey Coleman. Both Zeke and Bosa could have been had...but they passed.

So...again, its not like the Browns have had a love fest with OSU players any time lately.

(of course...that was different in the early years....Lou Groza, Bill Willis, Dante Lavelli, Paul Warfield, Dick Shafrath, Jim Houston etc.)

Well even outside of the OSU connection, they have the same agent

Some agent that thinks he can get everything for the player apparently

Exactly right Woody. Same agent, same crap. To be seen how long it lasts.

Is that piece of shit still holding out? Fuck him. I'll boo him everytime he steps on the field.

Brady Quinn's holdout kept him from having a shot at the starting QB job...which was actually up for grabs...and he could've won it.

Ultimately, he proved to be horrid...and just another example of how we haven't been qualified to draft in round 1.

I have that same baaad feeling I had when Gilbert held out. The difference, Gilbert was a slacker...this guy doesn't have that reputation. Quite the opposite actually. - But it still smells bad -

Especially when you think that any of us would give 10 years off our life to be able to play NFL football. These guys are scum.

Dunno... The #1's that book-ended Peppy in our draft both accepted their offset clauses. That would tend to dig our FO in deeper.

Joel Corry on bleacher may have added another issue? a did ya know kinda? after the 21st draft pick your 4th yr.is not fully guaranteed. it's a negotiable amount ..BTW don't give up on your guy Taywan Taylor. Tenn. added Decker & Corey Davis but look at ourlads 13 WR's on depth chart..simplly can't keep them all

Brady Quinn's holdout kept him from having a shot at the starting QB job...which was actually up for grabs...and he could've won it.

Ultimately, he proved to be horrid...and just another example of how we haven't been qualified to draft in round 1.

I have that same baaad feeling I had when Gilbert held out. The difference, Gilbert was a slacker...this guy doesn't have that reputation. Quite the opposite actually. - But it still smells bad -

Brady Queen was a Dupa who buffed his way out of a career..

Brady Queen was a Dupa who buffed his way out of a career..

The Browns take shit that nobody wants and then fans like Gipper and Flugel brag about how we went after the top players. Quinn would have fallen to the second round. Kizer would have fallen to the 4th.

The Browns take shit that nobody wants and then fans like Gipper and Flugel brag about how we went after the top players. Quinn would have fallen to the second round. Kizer would have fallen to the 4th.

What the fuck are you talking about? You know that I wanted both Bosa and Trubisky. What? You now do not think those were the top players?

I may have reported that the Browns FO felt that, statistically, they got some of the top players by applying their analytics...but that does not mean that I always agreed with them on their choices.

Bosa and Peepers have the same agent - Todd France - and that's where this issue starts and ends.

The player details are entirely irrelevant.. this agent got it in his head that offset language was the hill to die on and so he's pushing this issue even though it's a loser.

He just needs to get into camp to learn whatever position he is playing. If he is just going to return kicks/punts, it is probably no big deal. If he is just going to be an aimless wanderer on defense, it may be less important. But, if he is going to play positional football...he needs to start learning his position.

Bosa and Peepers have the same agent - Todd France - and that's where this issue starts and ends.

The player details are entirely irrelevant.. this agent got it in his head that offset language was the hill to die on and so he's pushing this issue even though it's a loser.

Player details irrelevant?...thats ridiculous......

The player chooses the agent.....and usually based upon how that agent negotiates. And, prior to Peppers selecting him, he knew full well what the strategy would be....and the player is the boss, not the agent.....

Player irrelevant....smh

Archived