THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp News

gumby73

I hope Kizer is the guy but I agree on getting too excited, how he performs when the games counts will how I will access him. Frankly I don't care which QB becomes the guy I'm not picky just please someone step up and become the franchise QB.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo TCPO- this doesn't mean doo-doo yet. I well remember that training camp sensation Ben Gay. That Kizer is one smart dude was never in question. I want to see football smarts though. Not a bunch of dumb interceptions he chucked up at Notre Dame.

I hope Kizer is the guy but I agree on getting too excited, how he performs when the games counts will how I will access him. Frankly I don't care which QB becomes the guy I'm not picky just please someone step up and become the franchise QB.

^^ This. I want to see it in a bunch of regular season games first. Even preseason doesn't mean much, with teams playing vanilla defense. So let's cool down on the hype. First game back in '99, Steelers 47, Browns 0.

Or, maybe you are. Whatever.....again.....for me it is a wait and see. I mean, we all had reason, sort of, to be excited about Johnny Fucking Football. How did that work out. Nothing against Kizer. I am just not going to go blather crazy about a guy like this...or any one.

I expect him to excell....but that does not mean he has proven he will.

Not sure if your B-a-l-o-n-e-y has a first name? ;) but CockyBra'Weiner has been designated to 2nd team reps most of camp. Stated he wanted to be the starter, once b4 camp. Than has put his head down & has not bitched once since. But Bra'Weiner has done a pretty fair job with the table scraps not seeing many 1 reps.(Payton,Hall even Higgins).This camp still has such a long way to go.

Yo TCPO- this doesn't mean doo-doo yet. I well remember that training camp sensation Ben Gay. That Kizer is one smart dude was never in question. I want to see football smarts though. Not a bunch of dumb interceptions he chucked up at Notre Dame.

^^ This. I want to see it in a bunch of regular season games first. Even preseason doesn't mean much, with teams playing vanilla defense. So let's cool down on the hype. First game back in '99, Steelers 47, Browns 0.

You don't have to agree with it, doesn't mean it isn't true. He's outperforming Kessler and Osweiler and, should it continue, he'll be our day one starter.

Not sure if your B-a-l-o-n-e-y has a first name? ;) but CockyBra'Weiner has been designated to 2nd team reps most of camp. Stated he wanted to be the starter, once b4 camp. Than has put his head down & has not bitched once since. But Bra'Weiner has done a pretty fair job with the table scraps not seeing many 1 reps.(Payton,Hall even Higgins).This camp still has such a long way to go.

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Kenny Britt interview confirms what I was thinking about him at the practice. He seems

more and more to be what most of us always wanted Gordon to be.

He's a great fit.

NOTE: at 4:20 ? it must be mary kay cabbage that asks him if there was a competition

with him and pryor with pryor being over there...and him being....

really stupid. sounded like her.

https://youtu.be/f9D2VhLpCYc

been following a live twitter from camp, the hot names there are= Britt,R.Hall,Garrett,M.Dayes & tie at 5th with Trevon Coley,Nacua,Schult... The not so hot= Rod Johnson,Njoku,Ricardo Lewis,M.Alford than the hiding of Joe Haden after toasted twice..

been following a live twitter from camp, the hot names there are= Britt,R.Hall,

Rannell Hall was a guy that emerged as someone to watch last year. And then he got hurt and shelved for the year.

He's not big or anything but we can use guys that get open and catch the ball.

I'm pulling for him.....but he can't get hurt anymore.

Just doesn't seem like the same old shit. This is going to be the best year we have had in a long time. I am enjoying the reports.

Just doesn't seem like the same old shit. This is going to be the best year we have had in a long time. I am enjoying the reports.

I see what you're doing there.....

Rannell Hall was a guy that emerged as someone to watch last year. And then he got hurt and shelved for the year.

He's not big or anything but we can use guys that get open and catch the ball.

I'm pulling for him.....but he can't get hurt anymore.

What surprised me was Randall some how got out of TB with him & Winston both in rookie season. Hall had a terrible combine, but any guy with a 6.87 3 cone should tell teams he can cut to get open in space. Got hurt at GB but before that, the dude dropped nothing all camp last season & Hue trusted him to get open. I'd say he passed are 4 drafted rookies WR's in flying colors in 1 preseason game before injury..I like Hall over Louis at WR3 all day..

Apologies if this is somewhere else, but Caleb Brantley broke his finger yesterday:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-caleb-brantley-suffers-broken-finger/

Seems really minor though to only miss a "week or two". Just hope it isn't one those nagging things cause I feel like this dude might seriously contribute.

Apologies if this is somewhere else, but Caleb Brantley broke his finger yesterday:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-caleb-brantley-suffers-broken-finger/

Seems really minor though to only miss a "week or two". Just hope it isn't one those nagging things cause I feel like this dude might seriously contribute.

Not sure that is a big deal for a DT/NT. Still...we don't want any injuries. I mean, did we already lose one guy pretty much for the season? Reynolds?

Not sure that is a big deal for a DT/NT. Still...we don't want any injuries. I mean, did we already lose one guy pretty much for the season? Reynolds?

Reynolds turned out to be a strain and not a tear so just out a few weeks and not months or season .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20210975/cleveland-browns-safety-ed-reynolds-six-weeks

Can we stash Hogan? I'm too lazy to look up the PS rules. I don't care.

Yes... Up to four of the ten PS players can have as many as two accrued seasons. Kessler has one.

No. No we did not.

+1...

What? You did not receive your gumby decoder ring? :P

Did not need one for that post...

Not sure that is a big deal for a DT/NT.

It is a very big deal. I doubt that there is a position that uses their hands more frequently than interior DL.

OK...still.....Ed Reynolds is not a name that engendered any real excitement.....fair to say?

Losing the #1 on your depth chart is never a good thing.

It is a very big deal. I doubt that there is a position that uses their hands more frequently than interior DL.

But they usually make up for it by putting their hand in one of those casts...which they can then use to just bludgeon their opponent with, no?

Losing the #1 on your depth chart is never a good thing.

Yea, but....when your #1 on your depth chart is Ed Reynolds....well, I just don't think you sink nearly as bad when you go to next up as you would with some other players.

But they usually make up for it by putting their hand in one of those casts...which they can then use to just bludgeon their opponent with, no?

No...

Closest Tale of the Tape I could find thru 5..Kessler-30 of 43=70%...Osweiler-31 of 54=57%.....Kizer-23 of 43=53%.....Hogan-10 of 15=67%....11 on 11 siren with pads seemed to go Hues way Saturday but Gregg Williams seemed to get the earth moving on his side of the ball Sunday. (no church choirboys were allowed). The rubber match comes tomorrow than a Team scrimmage on Friday.

It has to be, dude. Another 1 - 15 season and all efforts going forward will be in preparing to move when they can move it.

Archived