Zombo

Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football Preferences  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform/site would you rather use for the Browns Board Fantasy League

• ESPN
    • Yahoo
  2. 2. Do you prefer using decimal point scoring to prevent ties?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What type of scoring system would you prefer?

• Standard
    • PPR (Points Per Reception)
    • Half PPR

I am the commissioner lol. I was under the impression someone was setting up new leagues and some sort of new structure

sorry guys, dropped my phone in the ocean on vacation.

I have recieved 4 emails for invitation to the leagues.

I NEED EMAILS!!!

Also dont know if we have enough players for the structure I was looking for.

PM'd mine again in case you didnt get it.

I almost dropped my phone in the ocean in Jamaica last week as well lol

sorry guys, dropped my phone in the ocean on vacation.

I have recieved 4 emails for invitation to the leagues.

I NEED EMAILS!!!

Also dont know if we have enough players for the structure I was looking for.

I didn't get any em for invitation just the draft date not set up. mjp

I sent you an email this morning Flyin J send me an invite. I am in again this year. Hoping we keep everything as voted for in the poll but could switch to ESPN if needed.

Finally sent my email too! Been incognito driving Amish here in O-H-I-O and Pa.!!! Crazy day indeed,and I'M supposed to be retired....at the least PART TIME! LOL

Points Board has been renewed, The 10 teams that played last year are all auto renewed. That may or may not indicate intent to play :) To than end I have posted the following league note

"I look forward to your all participating in the league again this year. Generally the settings are the same as last year. By popular request we will be handling the trade review a little differently. I have set the trade review time to 3 days and commissioner for the veto / approval. The commissioner in this case will be a board comprised of myself, Tour and Flying J. T his is largely due to the fact that people don't pay enough attention to pending trades to exercise the right of veto.
I would ask that if you plan on participating in the league this year you post on the league board your intent to do so NLT Monday the 21st. At that time if I have not heard from you I will remove your team and fill with a new recruit.
lastly i would ask that if you do play you play to the end whether you are in the cellar or not :) lets keep it competitive. "

I now have 10 emails, for the structure I was looking for we needed at least 16, which having 5 leagues in the past I thought would be no issue. Im not sure if we move forward with 1 league or scrap the idea all together and do it the same we have in the past...

I now have 10 emails, for the structure I was looking for we needed at least 16, which having 5 leagues in the past I thought would be no issue. Im not sure if we move forward with 1 league or scrap the idea all together and do it the same we have in the past...

I didn't send you my mail, wasn't really paying attention, I can do that, but it sounds like the best thing to do is just renew all of the Yahoo leagues, fit everybody in, and assign commissioners to new leagues if the old ones bolted.

Zombo

I can renew the league I commished last year. Why don't we renew th old leagues AND form one new league to test out your settings for the future?

I can renew the league I commished last year. Why don't we renew th old leagues AND form one new league to test out your settings for the future?

I think we should change all league settings to what was agreed upon here.

I think we should change all league settings to what was agreed upon here.

what was discussed beyond PPR and fractional scoring? Both of those I thought were in last years settings.

what was discussed beyond PPR and fractional scoring? Both of those I thought were in last years settings.

Nothing really, but all the leagues used different settings. Roster sizes should also be standard.

Agree with all. I'll get my league up.

Z

The great and original Browns Board League ...League 1 ... is back and open for business for the 18th? year. We will adapt settings/ roster sizes as agreed upon here.

Live draft Monday, September 4th, 7:30 PM

I am in League IV as well.

Zombo

The great and original Browns Board Leauge ...League 1 ... is back and open for business for the 18th? year. We will adapt settings/ roster sizes as agreed upon here.

Live draft Monday, September 4th, 7:30 PM

I am in League IV as well.

Zombo

In IV I'm ok with Tuesday after 6 pm, after preseason is over and before game 1 Thursday.

Cant do Tuesday, its my birthday, how about Wednesday the 6th at 7 pm for league 4?

Well happy birthday, and I'm ok with Sunday maybe 7:30, Tuesday after 7, all if we want to stay after the last preseason game.

It's not common but I've been burned drafting before the last games and having a player go down and you lose him, happened last year. If we go the week before any day will be ok. I have 1 other FL not picked yet.

Points Board has been renewed, The 10 teams that played last year are all auto renewed. That may or may not indicate intent to play :) To than end I have posted the following league note

"I look forward to your all participating in the league again this year. Generally the settings are the same as last year. By popular request we will be handling the trade review a little differently. I have set the trade review time to 3 days and commissioner for the veto / approval. The commissioner in this case will be a board comprised of myself, Tour and Flying J. T his is largely due to the fact that people don't pay enough attention to pending trades to exercise the right of veto.
I would ask that if you plan on participating in the league this year you post on the league board your intent to do so NLT Monday the 21st. At that time if I have not heard from you I will remove your team and fill with a new recruit.
lastly i would ask that if you do play you play to the end whether you are in the cellar or not :) lets keep it competitive. "

For the points league please see the bolded notice above. Disappointingly I haven.t seen a single post on the message board for the league.

Secondly Brownsboard League V is open for business. I just sent entered the following Commissioners note.

League has been renewed , please confirm on the message board for the league by the 24th your intent to play. All who have not confirmed will be removed and the slots filled. Having only 8 teams we would be good adding 2 as well.
League is already full point PPR and I added fractional scoring.
Message me here if you would like to be one of the two teams I would like to add. I really feel like 10 teams makes for a much more competitive experience.

In Leagues #1 and Points... prelim draft dates are fine.

Z,

League 1 needs some fresh blood. I remember two or three no-shows the 2nd half of the year.

jcam,

I can do a third league, but may have issue in early Nov with access due to post-London travels. Rather than dilute with another league, might want to move interested parties into other leagues to replace deadwood.

How many teams does League 1 need? Perhaps 1 and 5 can combine for a 10 or 12 team leavue

I'll do a roll call.

Z

Points league reminder: it was renewed for all 10 teams via auto renew. So far including myself I have 4 people who have confirmed they are playing. There are several I am quite sure will not be. If you would like to try out the points league which includes individual defensive players please PM me. Id love to have some more competitive players. Players who will play to the end regardless of standings.

Teams who have not confirmed via posting on the league board by the end of Tuesday will be removed from the league.

I'll do a roll call.

Z

How is that roll going Z? So far I have had no confirmations on League V, I am sure at least 4 to 5 will still want to play. If there is room in League 1 perhaps we consolidate.

Also, Who is the commish of League III? I am in that league but havent heard anything on it.

QUESTION when are any NFL or NCAA pick 'ems going up? :huh: