Zombo

Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football Preferences  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform/site would you rather use for the Browns Board Fantasy League

• ESPN
    • Yahoo
  2. 2. Do you prefer using decimal point scoring to prevent ties?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What type of scoring system would you prefer?

• Standard
    • PPR (Points Per Reception)
    • Half PPR

stillmotion    59

I've seen people do sketchy trades but usually we let the commissioner veto it if it's deemed really unfair.

that being said, as said by ruxin in "the league", we must prevent collusion by all costs.

Flyin J    96

I've seen people do sketchy trades but usually we let the commissioner veto it if it's deemed really unfair.

that being said, as said by ruxin in "the league", we must prevent collusion by all costs.

hahaha love that show. I highly doubt collusion, but it was cluelessness. I think we make it a rule that in all leagues, any trade deemed unbalanced by the commisioner can be vetoed. But that could be controversial if commissioners go too far with it. Maybe commissioners can post controversial trades on here and have everyone vote?

Tour2ma    1,423

Great idea except in this instance it was the Commish that proposed and benefited from the unbalanced trade...

But there was no "collusion"... simply abundant opportunism.

jcam222    234

Great idea except in this instance it was the Commish that proposed and benefited from the unbalanced trade...

But there was no "collusion"... simply abundant opportunism.

I don't think it was as imbalanced as implied but I was definitely the big winner of th trade. Definitely if people had been engaged perhaps it would have been disallowed. How about this, we will make the setting commissioner rules on trades. The caveat, the commish forctrades will be a board of three comprised of myself, you and one other team owner we agree on.

Tour2ma    1,423

lol... fine...

Flyin' J seems like a good 3rd if he's re-upping.

cambridgeho    75

I wish they would do ff like golf or nascar and you could only use the same player like start the same player 6 times. Could make for a lot of dealing.

mjp28    156

Yeah, I wanted to switch to ESPN and set it up to where everyone has one team and we all get moved up and down leagues based on preformance. So league 1 would be the top league and the top 3 from each league would move up year to year, and the bottom three move down.

So Ill take this oppurtunity to ask everyone who wants to play to say so here and Ill get on setting it up later.

I'm planning on returning to play, personally I like yahoo over ESPN but will go with whatever is chosen. mjp

Zombo    1,742

So what do you say we start this up? Yahoo, PPR, No decimal.

Let me know how you want to set it up, Flying J.

Zombo

ballpeen    323

I wish they would do ff like golf or nascar and you could only use the same player like start the same player 6 times. Could make for a lot of dealing.

Fuck dealing. Pick your guys and ride it to the finish. Do it like the NFL. You don't see many mid season trades. Hell, you don't see many off season trades.

Flyin J    96

So what do you say we start this up? Yahoo, PPR, No decimal.

Let me know how you want to set it up, Flying J.

Zombo

I gave a deadline for emails and votes for August 1st....though we may need longer than that since im sure a lot of players dont check the board till closer to football season.

Flyin J    96

Reminder:::: If you want to play Fantasy Football this season you need to inbox me your email address or post it in this thread.

gumby73    300

yea,yea.yea..Am in..but am old,drink a lot & raised 3 daughters..no drama please..I don't care if we play on the moon :ph34r: Like a Rocket Man..

Flyin J    96

haha Im like a 16th century whore over here just tryin to please everyone. There will be no more drama than any other year ;)

mjp28    156

haha Im like a 16th century whore over here just tryin to please everyone. There will be no more drama than any other year ;)

Hey be like a head coach say dammit I'm in charge and make the call!

....then we can all bitch about it later and write nasty things about you in our blogs and demand that you be removed. :lol:

• Upvote 1

cambridgeho    75

ballpeen and cambridge have me confused ^^

Not trying to. Was just thinking about different ways fantasy is played and how it would be more involved if football was played like nascar or golf, when you can use ppl only a few times a year. I was just an idea, not a recommendation. However, im in the year again.

Browns149    254

Why is this soooooooooo hard to figure out?

I've been doing fantasy football for over 20 years.

Why can't we just do it the way it's been for 2 decades?

Points per reception is a standard score

Also a Td pass is 6 points. Just like a rushing or receiving Td is

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT?????????

Flyin J    96

Not hard to figure out. Im going to sit down and get this thing going tomorrow. We need a tiebreaker for the yahoo/ESPN connundrum haha

mjp28    156

Important Game Dates - Yahoo Fantasy Football

Season Start: 9/7

Live Drafts End: 10/1

Full Season Registration Ends: 10/14

All Drafts End: 10/15

This will be here before you know it.

mjp28    156

Status? Have invites been sent? league settings been determine etc.??

I got my yahoo notice that I'm in but no draft date has been set up yet and a click on to notify your commissioner....so I did, sent it to Flyin J. :)

Before you know it those dates will fill up but I'm only in two FLs.

jcam222    234

I've got nothing emailed relative to a new league and see no details anywhere what the structure even is. Are we simply renewing the leagues f on last year no or what??

mjp28    156

I've got nothing emailed relative to a new league and see no details anywhere what the structure even is. Are we simply renewing the leagues f on last year no or what??

I'd em or pm your commissioner on that.