THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Football

Zombo

Fantasy Football Preferences  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform/site would you rather use for the Browns Board Fantasy League

• ESPN
    • Yahoo
  2. 2. Do you prefer using decimal point scoring to prevent ties?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What type of scoring system would you prefer?

• Standard
    • PPR (Points Per Reception)
    • Half PPR

The great and original Browns Board Leauge ...League 1 ... is back and open for business for the 18th? year. We will adapt settings/ roster sizes as agreed upon here.

Live draft Monday, September 4th, 7:30 PM

I am in League IV as well.

Zombo

In IV I'm ok with Tuesday after 6 pm, after preseason is over and before game 1 Thursday.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant do Tuesday, its my birthday, how about Wednesday the 6th at 7 pm for league 4?

Well happy birthday, and I'm ok with Sunday maybe 7:30, Tuesday after 7, all if we want to stay after the last preseason game.

It's not common but I've been burned drafting before the last games and having a player go down and you lose him, happened last year. If we go the week before any day will be ok. I have 1 other FL not picked yet.

Points Board has been renewed, The 10 teams that played last year are all auto renewed. That may or may not indicate intent to play :) To than end I have posted the following league note

"I look forward to your all participating in the league again this year. Generally the settings are the same as last year. By popular request we will be handling the trade review a little differently. I have set the trade review time to 3 days and commissioner for the veto / approval. The commissioner in this case will be a board comprised of myself, Tour and Flying J. T his is largely due to the fact that people don't pay enough attention to pending trades to exercise the right of veto.
I would ask that if you plan on participating in the league this year you post on the league board your intent to do so NLT Monday the 21st. At that time if I have not heard from you I will remove your team and fill with a new recruit.
lastly i would ask that if you do play you play to the end whether you are in the cellar or not :) lets keep it competitive. "

For the points league please see the bolded notice above. Disappointingly I haven.t seen a single post on the message board for the league.

Secondly Brownsboard League V is open for business. I just sent entered the following Commissioners note.

League has been renewed , please confirm on the message board for the league by the 24th your intent to play. All who have not confirmed will be removed and the slots filled. Having only 8 teams we would be good adding 2 as well.
League is already full point PPR and I added fractional scoring.
Message me here if you would like to be one of the two teams I would like to add. I really feel like 10 teams makes for a much more competitive experience.

In Leagues #1 and Points... prelim draft dates are fine.

Z,

League 1 needs some fresh blood. I remember two or three no-shows the 2nd half of the year.

jcam,

I can do a third league, but may have issue in early Nov with access due to post-London travels. Rather than dilute with another league, might want to move interested parties into other leagues to replace deadwood.

Points league reminder: it was renewed for all 10 teams via auto renew. So far including myself I have 4 people who have confirmed they are playing. There are several I am quite sure will not be. If you would like to try out the points league which includes individual defensive players please PM me. Id love to have some more competitive players. Players who will play to the end regardless of standings.

Teams who have not confirmed via posting on the league board by the end of Tuesday will be removed from the league.

I'll do a roll call.

Z

How is that roll going Z? So far I have had no confirmations on League V, I am sure at least 4 to 5 will still want to play. If there is room in League 1 perhaps we consolidate.

Also, Who is the commish of League III? I am in that league but havent heard anything on it.

We have to keep up the fine traditions here:

NFL PRO PICK'EM LEAGUE

2003 Dolfan

2004 Rich4Eagle

2005 KSHutchins

2006 The Great Zomboni

2007 The Great Zomboni

2008 Lumbergh

2009 The Great Zomboni

2010 BrownsFan17

2011 Hogtusk

2012 Browns 57

2013 Ralemon

2014 Jrb12711

2015 Brownie Beater

2016 Balpeen

Somebody send me a darn invite. LOL. Zombo? I will join league 1. I was in league 4 with Flying J and I sent him a message with my email but still no invite. It is like the blind leading the blind in here this year. If you need a commish too let me know. Again I volunteer. 

I need invites!!! Went to yahoo and no leagues available! Nothing was autoloaded from last year! I was in 3 or 4 leagues!!! HELP!!!! 

14 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

I need invites!!! Went to yahoo and no leagues available! Nothing was autoloaded from last year! I was in 3 or 4 leagues!!! HELP!!!! 

You are in 4, 5 and the points league as far as Ive seen.  You have to sign into yahoo with the email you used last year.  Easiest way is to download the yahoo fantasy app on your phone.

On 8/21/2017 at 7:29 PM, Browns57 said:

Somebody send me a darn invite. LOL. Zombo? I will join league 1. I was in league 4 with Flying J and I sent him a message with my email but still no invite. It is like the blind leading the blind in here this year. If you need a commish too let me know. Again I volunteer. 

You are in league 4.  Download the fantasy app on your phone.

19 hours ago, Flyin J said:

You are in 4, 5 and the points league as far as Ive seen.  You have to sign into yahoo with the email you used last year.  Easiest way is to download the yahoo fantasy app on your phone.

Thanks Im in finally! Three differant sign ins,but Im in!!!

Points league - please respond by tomorrow night ON THE MESSAGE BOARD  at the league Yahoo site or PM me here, if not your team will be booted. I have confirmations from 5 people including myself. We need at least 3 more to play and prefer 5. PM me if you want in. A points league using IDP is a lot of fun and a different spin than the head to heads. Give it a try!!

League V - WTH are you all dead?? I have only one confirm other than myself. Teams were

Campbell's Soupermen 349004d7fda6e38ed8c83562c2faf537_16.jpgJeff Jun 30 Created League
avatar 870 Express 9c3b7315f8f371f20b364d2d4809b48d_16.jpgTommy Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar Brownsfan Barry default_user_profile_pic_16.pngBARRY Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar Flyin J's default_user_profile_pic_16.pngFlyin J Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar Hot Diggity Dawgs d039efc054cc990a905ef00a5a5f836c_16.jpgOsiris Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar Westingson Welkerson default_user_profile_pic_16.pngBrandon Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar MOPOWER TO YA! ? default_user_profile_pic_16.pngGerry Jun 30 Joined via renew
avatar 1 21 JJ WATTS default_user_profile_pic_16.pngdaniel Jun 30 Joined via renew

Zombo its likely we need homes in league 1 if you have space?

Lastly whats up with League 3?? I was in it last year, its it live?

This has been very disjointed this year for sure. 

League 1 Update: I have heard from everyone but one guy: somebody named "Gerry". I will e-mail him, and if he doesn't respond we will add one team. Whoever asked first, PM me your e-mail.

Z

I don't think some people realize how close football is to kicking off in both the FLs and PICK EMs 

NCAA  - Picks for Week 1 will be available on or after Monday, August 28, 2017. The BUCKEYES kickoff THURSDAY AUGUST 31, 2017 JUST 7 DAYS.

NFL -  Kicks off THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 7, 2017, JUST 14 DAYS, not a lot of time to get organized and set draft days, etc. 

League Updates

Points League - I have 5 teams (Mopar you need to confirm in fact u are playing). Sure would like 3 to 5 more. Please PM me here for an invite. Points with individual defense players is a lot of fun. It takes no more time than what head to head and team defense does after the draft. 

League V - Booting all teams and likely wont  have a league , sadly got zero responses, I would like an invite to a head to head if there are any openings . I also have one other in that team that needs a home. 

League 3 - I am in it and see a little activity on the board, Heidi is this league good to go?

22 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Points League - I have 5 teams (Mopar you need to confirm in fact u are playing). Sure would like 3 to 5 more. Please PM me here for an invite. Points with individual defense players is a lot of fun. It takes no more time than what head to head and team defense does after the draft. 

2nd this... IDP (Individual Defensive Players) is a whole new wrinkle and beyond a handful of players at a given position (DL, LB, DB) pretty fluid, so it's easy to backfill injuries or errors in judgement.

jcam, if no one does join in, then is there a way for each of five to have two teams?

23 hours ago, jcam222 said:

League Updates

League V - Booting all teams and likely wont  have a league , sadly got zero responses, I would like an invite to a head to head if there are any openings . I also have one other in that team that needs a home. 

League 3 - I am in it and see a little activity on the board, Heidi is this league good to go?

I wanted in this from last year, but you deleted my team.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, Zombo said:

League 1 Update: I have heard from everyone but one guy: somebody named "Gerry". I will e-mail him, and if he doesn't respond we will add one team. Whoever asked first, PM me your e-mail.

Z

Thats me Gerry AKA BrownsnMopar. And Im in!!!

Archived