THE BROWNS BOARD

why do radicals stupidly support May Day?

calfoxwc

Conservatives always face an uphill battle. Starting with public schools and colleges that have been turned into liberal indoctrination centers. Then liberal Hollywood which is a constant drumbeat for liberal ideology. Finally the free stuff the democrats hand out does a great job in buying votes. Get more and more people depending on government and you have a surefire way to keep people voting your way. It forces one party to try and make unpopular cuts while the other party keeps doling out the gravy even though we are nearly 20 trillion in debt and can't afford it any longer.

The left needs to support the false narrative that the United States of America is mere inches away from nazi Germany or a 3rd world dictatorship.

They need people to think their niggling little problems are tantamount to the holocaust.

(Ps Yes I know but... )

WSS

I know you don't get it, Steve, but it's worrisome.

All the diversions... all the obstructive firings... all the embracing of international strongmen...

As to cal's title inquiry...

I'm going to guess "pole dancing"...

I know you don't get it, Steve, but it's worrisome.

All the diversions... all the obstructive firings... all the embracing of international strongmen...

As to cal's title inquiry...

I'm going to guess "pole dancing"...

Actually it's not that I don't get it it's that I don't care. I get it that the left the Democrat party and their cohorts in the media have clamped down on Russia like a bulldog and will not let go.

And the United States has always been friendly with dictators. But now you are shocked?

And again comparisons to nazi Germany are beyond stupid.

WSS

There were Nazi comparisons?

No, I'm not fucking shocked... except to hear that to your mind McCain, Graham and others are now apparently Dems.

We installed the Shah of Iran thanks to Churchill's allego BP.

We propped up Sadam before we took him down.

Ditto the Taliban...

.. and Anwar Sadat... and Mubarek...

How many more must I list before you agree I am not naive?

Your turn...

Look at the list, then tell me how Putin is different?

Sure John McCain and Lindsey Graham are pisssed off so their job is to make trump look bad. Also these guys are smart enough to know that when you talk shit about your own party you get a lot more air time.

I think senator McCain has forgotten that even though democrats pretend to love you because you are a, what's the word, Maverick when push comes to shove they vote for the real Democrat.

WSS

This Ayatollah (trusting your spelling)? Yes... we should. Moderate by comparison to the original. Just compare his President to Ahmadinejad. When was the last time you heard news of the Iranian President denying the holocaust or making other irrational claims?

But the point of the Shah was that we installed him over the democratically elected, first Prime Minister of Iran whose only sin was that after he proved ARAMCO was ripping off his country then he wanted to nationalize ARAMCO, the mid-east branch of BP... and Churchill would have none of it. So we gave them "the Shah"... a tyrant rivaling Stalin given the relative scales of their respective countries.

Our prime "agent" in that effort? None other than Teddy Roosevelt's grandson, Kermit who was a field operative for the CIA. There's pretty good book on the whole operation if you're curious, All the Shah's Men by Stephen Kinzer. It was the beginning of U.S. meddling in the mideast that set it upon the path to where we are today.

You never responded to my question about Putin vs. the list of tyrants. So I'll give you another shot... this time with the knowledge that there is one in the list, Sadam, who has slightly more in common with Vlad than the others... something realized after the original post... but left uncorrected wondering if you'd catch it.

Sorry I don't get where you're going with the comparison of Saddam Hussein to putin. The left hated Saddam Hussein until George Bush took him out and then it was oh no! As a matter of fact when Bush number one didn't finish the job the left was pissed off about that.

Oddly enough we took him out because the UN came to us with their hat in their hand and asked us to do the heavy lifting. So he turned his wrath on the United States. oops.

So give me the list of your comparisons and why I should hate Putin.

WSS

Sadam and Putin were territorial expansionists. All the other autocrats were focused on consolidating their power with in their own borders.

And your revisionism is growing...

Just a point to consider, by the way, for those who complain often about the West drawing up boundary lines in the Middle East... You think Saddam Hussein was a mad man for trying to change those boundaries? Those boundaries are sacred to you?

Here's a hypothetical.

How about if the United States of America would have sided with saddam? Refused to join the war against him? Allowed him to take to Kuwaite? Would we be better-off today or not?

WSS

I was in the gulf war and my attitude was we were there to support some rich country (Kuwait). But did my job anyways cause that's what I signed up for. I think had we not mustered a multi-national (90 percent American) force, and let Hussein have Kuwait there could have possibly been other invasions in the future (i.e. Saudi Arabia). But, who knows.

I was in the gulf war and my attitude was we were there to support some rich country (Kuwait). But did my job anyways cause that's what I signed up for. I think had we not mustered a multi-national (90 percent American) force, and let Hussein have Kuwait there could have possibly been other invasions in the future (i.e. Saudi Arabia). But, who knows.

I give Bush Sr. alot of credit for getting together the coalition like he did and drive out Sadaam from Kuwait ( I remember the Obama administration bragging about some 50 plus nations they had formed to fight ISIS but never saw any evidence of it). Bush got criticized for not going into Baghdad at the time but history showed he was right in not doing so. I don't agree with Colin Powell that often but he was right in saying if we broke it we bought it.

Bush got criticized for not going into Baghdad at the time but history showed he was right in not doing so. I don't agree with Colin Powell that often but he was right in saying if we broke it we bought it.

Also against going in at that time? Dick Chaney...

What a difference a decade makes...

Archived