THE BROWNS BOARD

... and now a bomb has just been dropped on the French election...

Tour2ma

From Reuters...

World News | Fri May 5, 2017 | 7:05pm EDT

Macron's French presidential campaign emails leaked online

French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron's campaign said on Friday it had been the target of a "massive" computer hack that dumped its campaign mails online 1-1/2 days before voters go to the polls to choose between the centrist and his far-right rival Marine Le Pen.

Some nine gigabytes of data were posted by a user called EMLEAKS to Pastebin, a document-sharing site that allows anonymous posting. It was not immediately clear who was responsible for posting the data or if any of them were genuine.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-macron-leaks-idUSKBN1812AZ

"EM" is suspected to be FBI wanted cybercriminal, EVGENIY MIKHAILOVICH BOGACHEV ... Yup... a russian...

The late timing of the "dump" is key as French law prohibits candidates from making public comments the Saturday before their Sunday election. So whatever may damage Macron, true or not, he cannot publicly respond.

So again I guess if you don't want your dirty laundry aired in public then... Keep your laundry clean.

WSS

Yep. The Russkies didn't create the content, they just exposed it.

Does that reasoning work for the general public too, or just public figures?

If I am choosing to run for election, I should reasonably expect people to dig into my life, legally and very likely illegally. I think this trend is going to up the bar for candidates or push all the dirty dealing back to when it was all done by in person handshakes.

Political opponents have always tried to dig up dirty laundry on each other. This has been going on forever.

I wasn't aware you could count foreign governments and intelligence agencies as domestic political opponents. How odd.

Political sabotage of the democratic process - ain't nothing new, yo.

I wasn't aware you could count foreign governments and intelligence agencies as domestic political opponents. How odd.

Political sabotage of the democratic process - ain't nothing new, yo.

If you are being serious that's a little bit naive. Of course on the world stage it's all politics as to who holds sway over smaller and weaker countries.

But I do believe every country folks with every other country. And to have the United States wring our hands crying about Russians interference is the height of hypocrisy

WSS

If you are being serious that's a little bit naive. Of course on the world stage it's all politics as to who holds sway over smaller and weaker countries.

But I do believe every country folks with every other country. And to have the United States wring our hands crying about Russians interference is the height of hypocrisy

WSS

In what way is that naive? I'm well aware of the games played on a multi national level, however what we're currently seeing in regards to Russian backed political sabotage (let's call it what it is) is almost

without precedent. Especially regarding their attempted influence on superpower countries.

I'm also well aware of the faults of our own nation meddling in the affairs of 'lesser' countries election and governing processes. However that is not reason to turn a blind eye to what is unfolding. Or to put it in this perspective,lets pretend the email hack and data dump was of President Trumps information and the election was won by Hilary with the same vote count (losing the popular and particular districts Obama claimed) do you think this board would be as quiet about this sort of high level interference then? Of course, you already know the answer to that. I'm just being rhetorical.

In what way is that naive? I'm well aware of the games played on a multi national level, however what we're currently seeing in regards to Russian backed political sabotage (let's call it what it is) is almost

without precedent. Especially regarding their attempted influence on superpower countries.

I'm also well aware of the faults of our own nation meddling in the affairs of 'lesser' countries election and governing processes. However that is not reason to turn a blind eye to what is unfolding. Or to put it in this perspective,lets pretend the email hack and data dump was of President Trumps information and the election was won by Hilary with the same vote count (losing the popular and particular districts Obama claimed) do you think this board would be as quiet about this sort of high level interference then? Of course, you already know the answer to that. I'm just being rhetorical.

"I wasn't aware you could count foreign governments and intelligence agencies as domestic political opponents. How odd."

I just think you most certainly can. Especially on today's world stage.

I didn't mean it as an insult

WSS

Just for the record I can't imagine much more shit about Donald Trump that hadn't been aired during the campaign true or not.

And he was expected to lose in a landslide. We all knew Hilary was crooked, even the guys that liked her. Like those of us who like Donald Trump knew he had kind of a coarse manner of speech.

And face it the accusations of groping et cetera were obviously fake. The Wiki leaks were r not.

So let's be honest the Wiki leaks werent that big of a deal compared with what we already suspected from Hilary.

They are just and extremely convenient excuse for her obnoxious personality.

WSS

Just for the record I can't imagine much more shit about Donald Trump that hadn't been aired during the campaign true or not.

And he was expected to lose in a landslide. We all knew Hilary was crooked, even the guys that liked her. Like those of us who like Donald Trump knew he had kind of a coarse manner of speech.

And face it the accusations of groping et cetera were obviously fake. The Wiki leaks were r not.

So let's be honest the Wiki leaks werent that big of a deal compared with what we already suspected from Hilary.

WSS

And that's a fair point. Sad to see our election process boil down to 'whom I hate on the otherside more'.

I also don't blame the leaks for Hilary losing. These were two of the worst candidates in the Post-WWII era and the Dems happened to run the one woman that's genuinely easy to despise.

That having been said, the targeted email hacks, data dump etc etc... it still bothers me. As well it should bother anyone regardless of political affiliation. This latest mess involving the French election takes this beyond

one country and moves it to well thought out conspiracy but to which end? That still escapes me.

it's liberal cya to say that both candidates were bad. Sugar pop and and bad white lightning are both bad....

higgardly was corrupt trash human being. Trump is pro military, avidly pro-Constitution, especially

1st/2nd Amendmenr....pro a lot of what most America is for.

the left is now militant, openly supporting causing our country to fail, so they

can own it all.

they can shove it.

Funny that the people the thought Edward snowden was a hero for exposing the evil military and right wing are aghast that anybody would dare let the world know that the democrats run dirty campaigns.

But if you are going to be outraged, or even pissed off, I think that the false accusations against donald trump which just disappeared after the election are a lot worse than spilling the beans on something that actually happened.

WSS

Political opponents have always tried to dig up dirty laundry on each other. This has been going on forever.

None of which proves anything, Steve.

How can to decry any inclination "to blame" her loss on Russian interference as "unknowable" or "unproven", yet so steadfastly maintain it was not a factor?

We're talking about a 78,000 vote total difference across three states... three determinative states.

it's liberal cya to say that both candidates were bad. Sugar pop and and bad white lightning are both bad....

higgardly was corrupt trash human being. Trump is pro military, avidly pro-Constitution, especially 1st/2nd Amendmenr....pro a lot of what most America is for.

the left is now militant, openly supporting causing our country to fail, so they can own it all.

they can shove it.

You forgot his two biggest "pro's"... 1. Trump, and 2. his banker, Putin...

a/k/a... the shoe's on the other shove now...

Funny that the people the thought Edward snowden was a hero for exposing the evil military and right wing are aghast that anybody would dare let the world know that the democrats run dirty campaigns.

But if you are going to be outraged, or even pissed off, I think that the false accusations against donald trump which just disappeared after the election are a lot worse than spilling the beans on something that actually happened.

First, way too broad of a brush with the Snowden thing... and if you are pretending wiki-leaks is anything close to what it started off being, then I do not know what to say.

I'd love to see you list of "false accusations".

Archived