THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's your favorite RB in this draft?

wargograw

Take on the question however you want. It can be the guy you'd most like the Browns to take, the guy you'd take if Sashi put a gun to your head and told you we're taking a RB in the first round, the guy you think will have the most productive career, most productive rookie season, whatever.

Tough call for me between Fournette and Cook. Think Cook has Labia Bell-like abilities with his pass catching but I don't know that anyone in the league right now can grind out yards running like Fournette.

If I had to pick one for the Browns it'd probably be Cook because then maybe I can coax someone into a trade for Duke. But I would much rather watch Leonard on any individual play, if that makes sense.

Why would I give up Duke for Cook? He doesn't fit the profile. Character concerns...

http://events.tbo.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-should-jump-at-chance-to-draft-fsu-rb-dalvin-cook/2321295

"No, Cook is not perfect. There are rumblings about his character — he was found not guilty in 2015 of misdemeanor battery after being accused of punching a woman — even if folks around FSU say those concerns are overblown. It's fair to question his durability after hamstring and shoulder injuries hampered his college career. Ball security at times was an issue."

and from nfl.com:

Sources Tell Us

"Fumbles and arrests are a bad combination. He's got a lot of ability but he's got on the field problems with ball security and multiple arrests off of it. You have to decide if he will be responsible with more money and more time on his hands. If you have any doubts, just wait around for another running back because there will be plenty this year." - NFC executive

no way. The Browns are building a football TEAM, not rolling the dice to see if a player can stay on the field,

and not get arrested, etc etc.

Duke is explosive - you have to have your offense working.

Mixon @52 if he's still there, but I think he is long gone by then. He has done a lot of things to change since that incident including a face to face apology to the woman involved. Someone will take a flyer based on skill and the recognition that people can change if they realize the need to change. I think he has.

Why would I give up Duke for Cook? He doesn't fit the profile. Character concerns...

http://events.tbo.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-should-jump-at-chance-to-draft-fsu-rb-dalvin-cook/2321295

"No, Cook is not perfect. There are rumblings about his character he was found not guilty in 2015 of misdemeanor battery after being accused of punching a woman even if folks around FSU say those concerns are overblown. It's fair to question his durability after hamstring and shoulder injuries hampered his college career. Ball security at times was an issue."

and from nfl.com:

Sources Tell Us

"Fumbles and arrests are a bad combination. He's got a lot of ability but he's got on the field problems with ball security and multiple arrests off of it. You have to decide if he will be responsible with more money and more time on his hands. If you have any doubts, just wait around for another running back because there will be plenty this year." - NFC executive

no way. The Browns are building a football TEAM, not rolling the dice to see if a player can stay on the field,

and not get arrested, etc etc.

Duke is explosive - you have to have your offense working.

Not concerned with any of this.

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

just sayin... the prev coaches weren't concerned about JM's party rep..

but it went out of control after the big money came in.

can't keep flipping the coin on character/intelligence, etc... or

you'd never really build a football team.

cal, doesn't a prospect first have to demonstrate control to get out of control? ;)

Anyone who doesn't say Fournette is a damn fool

Then color me a fool... wouldn't be the first time... damned or otherwise...

Best RB? I think it'll be McCaffrey, if he lands in the right situation. So frickin' versitile... Cook's a fairly close runner up.

Best Value? Going with my guy, Jamaal Williams out of BYU. Looks very Crow-like to me, but with better field vision.

I do like Connor... as my FB...

cal, doesn't a prospect first have to demonstrate control to get out of control? ;) Tour

:mad:

okay, then when it he got his big bucks, he went really, really, really more out of control than before.......

He looked about the same to me......people just ignored his shit prior to the draft and said boys will be boys....college stuff...etc etc etc....

But it was there for all to see....well before he became a Brown....

I'd have to go with McCaffery in the first or Mixon in the 2nd/3rd. Both of these guys can do it all and can seemingly fit in just about any offense.

Fournette might have AP potential but he's going to need to go to a perfect situation to have much team success.

I'm still not sure what to make of Cook. He obviously killed it for FSU but I'm worried about the wear and tear, as well as top line speed. In the right situation I could see him excel but wouldn't feel as comfortable putting him on any team like I would with McCaffrey and Mixon.

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

just sayin... the prev coaches weren't concerned about JM's party rep..

but it went out of control after the big money came in.

can't keep flipping the coin on character/intelligence, etc... or

you'd never really build a football team.

Can't keep "flipping the coin" on raw talent either, or you'll never really build a football team.

And Cook is not a partier. He's an angry person. That's what we pay to see on Sundays, is it not?

cal, doesn't a prospect first have to demonstrate control to get out of control? ;)

Then color me a fool... wouldn't be the first time... damned or otherwise...

Best RB? I think it'll be McCaffrey, if he lands in the right situation. So frickin' versitile... Cook's a fairly close runner up.

Best Value? Going with my guy, Jamaal Williams out of BYU. Looks very Crow-like to me, but with better field vision.

I do like Connor... as my FB...

Fornette from 2 years ago or last year..sure looked like a 2nd/3rd pick last year Mixon(david johnson) , Jamaal Williams(runs angry), Donto Foreman(light feet for a big man and Kareem Hunt

Whats with RB's and punching women?

Cook did it too?......and Mixon?.....and Rice?.......almost like it's the new thang......sheesh....

They're just practicing their stiff arms. :unsure:

Mike

The guy I like the most is Christian McCaffrey. Like any skill player, it depends on where he goes, but man the kid is electric and versatile.

They're just practicing their stiff arms. :unsure:

Mike

That is just so wrong. You may as well wear a ratbird jersey to your own Browns draft party. :mad:

Whats with RB's and punching women?

Cook did it too?......and Mixon?.....and Rice?.......almost like it's the new thang......sheesh....

Reports are out that Caleb Brantley, DT, just decked one so...

He looked about the same to me......people just ignored his shit prior to the draft and said boys will be boys....college stuff...etc etc etc....

But it was there for all to see....well before he became a Brown....

Yup... and we forget that his HC had to discipline him as well for team behavior IIRC...

The guy I like the most is Christian McCaffrey. Like any skill player, it depends on where he goes, but man the kid is electric and versatile.

Appears if SF trades down from #2, but stays ahead of NO, he might be a 49er, but if not, a Saint.

Either seems suitable... both have, or in SF's case, will have, imaginative O's... both have 20 carry RBs in house, Hyde and Ingram.

Fournette

McCafferey

Pumphrey

Mixon

Mixon.

Doesn't mean I have to, nor want to draft him.

well done Tia,been here a long time with Mixon. I also like his partner Perine as a safer pick. Fournette already seems NFL beat up. McCafferey has not felt what's it's like when Duke tried to run in-between the Tackles in NFL..If Mixon is still on board with two 2nd round picks,We may find out answer to The Crow. Mixon came to Berrea after scouts went to Pro Day.Would take stamp of approval from Big Boss.Well were there..

Archived