Tour2ma

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If either levee fails, I have no idea, Gip. If they hold, it'll be fine.

And yes, East Texas Hill Country is a different region. Starts around Livingston and builds up through Lufkin and Tyler to Atlanta, TX which is not far south of Texarkana.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

My buddy at Memorial drive and Bunker Hill told me via text that he had flooding and no power.

My other pal Jay, told me that Houston South West flooded  real bad. Her car is fucked.

That intersection is just a few blocks from Buffalo Bayou. No surprised it's flooded. Now that the water is going over and around the levy, I'm a bit more concerned about my cousins place about 20 blocks south of that bayou E of 610 Loop. He had been dry even with the flood gates fully open.

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yo Gip- either your mailbox is full or Z hasn't authorized it yet.  Since it's a little disorganized, do you have your Houston ticket yet? I don't.  I was just mucking around StubHub. Be happy to order tickets and sit with you. Have a top price you're willing to spend? Mine is around $175.   Anything under $100 is going to be in the nosebleeds. Saw some stuff in the $165 range that gets you one level down from the 600s to the 500s. The 100 level sideline is totally unavailable, and the price would be astronomical if any were. 

Also Tour- you have your tickets yet? We can plan on doing something Friday night if the mess is cleaned up by then. I heard Hobby Airport was under water.  BTW Ag mentioned in another thread they got around 4" of rain where he is at- and not too bad- yet. 

I don't think my mailbox is full.  I really haven't had much in the way of PMs.  So it must be something else.   No, I do not have ticket yet.  $150-175 seems about right. So, if you order one, please go ahead and get me one. I will get the $ to you.   

Now, the question is:  can we get to the game in Houston?

8 hours ago, boo fagley said:

My buddy at Memorial drive and Bunker Hill told me via text that he had flooding and no power.

My other pal Jay, told me that Houston South West flooded  real bad. Her car is fucked.

The areas of interest in Houston, as far as we should be concerned are:  the stadium area, of course.  The Med Center area...where my hotels are. And the Rice Village, which I believe is the site of party activity the day/night before the game.   Any word on those areas?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The areas of interest in Houston, as far as we should be concerned are:  the stadium area, of course.  The Med Center area...where my hotels are. And the Rice Village, which I believe is the site of party activity the day/night before the game.   Any word on those areas?

I hear the stadium did not flood. Nor sure about them having power. I believe the Med center is alright.

My friend jut bought a house near Braeswood creek that did not flood. She went north around Bellaire to stay with friends during the storm and their place flooded.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That intersection is just a few blocks from Buffalo Bayou. No surprised it's flooded. Now that the water is going over and around the levy, I'm a bit more concerned about my cousins place about 20 blocks south of that bayou E of 610 Loop. He had been dry even with the flood gates fully open.

The condo where my buddy lives has a creek right behind the property. It likely flows in to buffalo bayou.

9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Allen Parkway, on the opposite side of Buffalo Bayou from Memorial Dr., is one of the great drives in Houston... so long as it's not rush hour.

Saw some flood footage yesterday of Allen Parkway. Water looked to be over 6' deep on the road.

49 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Allen Parkway, on the opposite side of Buffalo Bayou from Memorial Dr., is one of the great drives in Houston... so long as it's not rush hour.

Saw some flood footage yesterday of Allen Parkway. Water looked to be over 6' deep on the road.

Memorial drive is a nice route too. 

How the other half lives.

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

Memorial drive is a nice route too. 

It does have the advantage of ending up in Memorial Park... great "scenery" and the refurbished Golf Course is a real gem. The son of a former co-worker was head Greenskeeper there... was a real help in getting tee times.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

It does have the advantage of ending up in Memorial Park... great "scenery" and the refurbished Golf Course is a real gem. The son of a former co-worker was head Greenskeeper there... was a real help in getting tee times.

G H Bush lives some where off Memorial drive.

Beautiful houses and properties.

18 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

G H Bush lives some where off Memorial drive.

Beautiful houses and properties.

You mean "Poppy"? #41?

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean "Poppy"? #41?

Yes.

Thats what I heard.

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean "Poppy"? #41?

I was over at the poor end of Memorial and they were buying homes for 1 million and knocking them down to build new ones. One of the best high schools in the nation is in this same area so real estate doesnt last long.

Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Keeping my eye on the weather Channel I see that hurricane Irma could in fact going to the golf and golf GULF and impact Texas and Louisiana again. Also there is a Nother third  Hurricane possibly broiling up in the golf of Mexico near old Mexico and that could pour a pile of more rain etc. on to Houston. Things could get even worse down there and jeopardize my trip and any of your trips to this location

The Texas State Parks system already canceled my stay at Stephen F. Austin SP. 

I'm sure once things settle down, I will be able to find an RV spot, but first and foremost I hope the region recovers ok. Like you say, who knows what lies ahead in hurricane season.

Tix are in hand...

Turns out if you call Vivid seats you can deal a lil bit...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Tix are in hand...

Go on...

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Tix are in hand...

Good to know

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

Go on...

Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... :)

So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

If anyone knows.  Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Vivid's phone folks are given discount discretion not available online. Ended up doing better than had I cashed in any of the "if you act today" discount emails that I kept not seeing until they lapsed.

Basically saved ~$40 off a $340 order... enough to buy a couple beers... :)

that's sweet dude. I did what you said and waited and got the $20 off. It came to about $340 for 6 tickets together for me.

• Like 1

Excellent! Vivid seems to have the lowest ticket prices, but highest fees, so they have room to move.

See you at Buffalo Wild Wings... I'll be in the Orange, Joe T jersey... with about three JJ Watts...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So....how about an update from you Houstonians about the conditions there?   Is everything good to go with the stadium, surrounding hotels,  party sites etc.  Are there adverse affects from the Hurricane we should know about or be aware of?

If anyone knows.  Thanks.

My friends were back to tailgating for their Home Opener, they're dealing with insurance and clean up at home but the yellow lot is a party.

Check with your accommodations, but generally Houston is good to go...

Meanwhile here's a BackerBash announcement...

We have just received confirmation that the two Browns alumni who will be at our Saturday night Backer Bash are:
  • Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil 
  • Cody Risien 

Looks like I will be bigger than one of them...

• Like 1

Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .