THE BROWNS BOARD

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

Tour2ma

Check with your accommodations, but generally Houston is good to go...

Meanwhile here's a BackerBash announcement...

We have just received confirmation that the two Browns alumni who will be at our Saturday night Backer Bash are:
  • Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil 
  • Cody Risien 

Looks like I will be bigger than one of them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

3 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Time to wake this thread up, it's Texans week. I arrive in Houston 11:30 ish on Friday, gotta find a a viewing place for game 1 of the ALCS .

Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Could scope out the Rice Village BWW... site of the Saturday nite gathering.

Got curious as to whether there's an "Indians Backers" parallel to our Browns. There does not seem to be. Best site I could find is http://www.teambarfinder.com/cleveland-indians-bars/

There is a bar in Austin, TX... none listed for Houston.

You might try contacting the Space City Brownsbackers to see if they plan an ALCS gathering Friday nite.

Good idea, I would go out on a limb aND say they'll have it on saturday night at BW3. If I hear of anything for fri night I'll post it here.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

3 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Dont do it.....you guys will have a great time.....and maybe, just maybe, will enjoy a win together(yuk yuk)....

I kinda feel like you do tho.....got drawn back in a bit, during preseason, only to get a gut punch(and angry, disgusted, etc)...

But, as long as your mad - disgusted - angry, it means you still care, which is what matters.....enjoy the game in Houston and just keep telling yourself you are there to hang with BB people and not to see the Browns.....then it will feel worthwhile....

Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Never been to Houston, (my Texas experience is limited to Dallas' airport)  and it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item. See the Browns lose in every city.... Working hard to not disappoint me....  #6 on the List.  

Ha!...Dallas airport.....my nemesis...a place Ive been stuck at too many times.....though I did do business in Dallas for 20 years, which required at least 3 visits per yr, and it's a wonderful city.....never did Houston myself, but hear its pretty decent for a big city.....(ifn you like big cities)....

My brother moved to Dallas just a few months ago, so I suspect I wil restart my annual visits there.....airport be damned....

This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

"I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tour, right now I'm so disgusted I'm about ready to throw my plane ticket in the trash.

But Larry.....didn't you hear? They spent millions on the OL. We have the highest paid fatasses mpney can buy. 

5 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

This is a quote from my friends in Houston.

"I can get us a spot Friday night at Twin Peaks... BUT it's Hooters like, good food and cold beer, I understand if you don't want the family there... we can figure it out once the Indians take care of business"

Sounds sweet... never been there.

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

... it will be nice to see Tour. It's my bucket list item.

I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

And as for Astros ALCS tix... they're on resale sites now. "Best seats" are in the $300-400 range. Cheapies are running in the $120-150 range.

But the potential CLE games in HOU will not fall on the weekend...

DATE SERIES
FRIDAY, OCT. 13 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 1, FOX or FS1
SATURDAY, OCT. 14 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 2, FOX or FS1
MONDAY, OCT. 16 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 3, FOX or FS1
TUESDAY, OCT. 17 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 4, FOX or FS1
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 18 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 5*, FOX or FS1
FRIDAY, OCT. 20 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 6*, FOX or FS1
SATURDAY, OCT. 21 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 7*, FOX or FS1

On 10/10/2017 at 12:33 PM, Tour2ma said:

Sounds sweet... never been there.

I'm bucket-list worthy? Why, h... this is so sudden.

Meanwhile as to the game... at least there's a glimmer of hope where once there was none. With JJ and Mercellis (sp?) OUT, the Texans D is far less fearsome... almost ordinary. However, Offensively they are coming on. And minus an effective Garrett, it's hard to see our D holding up... unless...

Lack of a rush creates a corral the QB plan. Salt in a some well-disguised blitzes, and Watson will make mistakes from the pocket. Just can't let the man hurt us on the move running or passing.

LOL, the game, not you.  :)  My attitude went up 50% when I heard Deshone is riding the pine....  

my brother lives in 'the colony' outside dallas. (sounds like a M. Night" Shyamalan cult village) but is a browns fan who the cuLt villagers are trying their best to turn him into an A&M, yankee and cowboy fan.

FIGHT THE POWER!!

and for those who think one DE will win you a championship...??......don't think the texans need JJ to promptly bust the browns butt wide open.

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

My friends RAVE about Twin Peaks. WAY better than Hooters. Too bad the F#$%ing Yankees won though.

See you fellas in Texas Saturday Night!

Could still end up there friday night, play it by ear now and see how Friday  unfolds. We for sure know where we will be on Saturday night, see you at the Bash.

18 hours ago, stillmotion said:

My friends RAVE about Twin Peaks. WAY better than Hooters. Too bad the F#$%ing Yankees won though.

See you fellas in Texas Saturday Night!

May not make it to WildWings Sat nite as bro-in-law has run amuck planing wife and my Saturday into a family gathering...

But will be tailgating early Sunday.

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, the game, not you.  :)  My attitude went up 50% when I heard Deshone is riding the pine....  

And mine rolled of close to that... so pot's right...

On 10/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, Tour2ma said:

And as for Astros ALCS tix... they're on resale sites now. "Best seats" are in the $300-400 range. Cheapies are running in the $120-150 range.

But the potential CLE games in HOU will not fall on the weekend...

DATE SERIES
FRIDAY, OCT. 13 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 1, FOX or FS1
SATURDAY, OCT. 14 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 2, FOX or FS1
MONDAY, OCT. 16 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 3, FOX or FS1
TUESDAY, OCT. 17 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 4, FOX or FS1
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 18 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 5*, FOX or FS1
FRIDAY, OCT. 20 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 6*, FOX or FS1
SATURDAY, OCT. 21 NYY/CLE vs. Astros (location TBD), Game 7*, FOX or FS1

Boy that sure went up in smoke.....and Hou in CLE was sold out while they were still playing the yank$. The ALCS looked like a lock, BUMMER! 

You guys going to the game are getting FRONT ROW SEATS to the 'Greatest Comeback Ever in Pro Sports'!!!

Enjoy! ;) 

Represent!

6 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

This is the view from my room, good choice.

20171013_153726.jpg

Darn, my room at my hotel is right against the fence, but I don't have a stadium view. Hit Papacitos for dinner tonight on the other side of the stadium. Pricey but good.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Darn, my room at my hotel is right against the fence, but I don't have a stadium view. Hit Papacitos for dinner tonight on the other side of the stadium. Pricey but good.

We hung out at Biggio's at the Marriott and watched the Strohs beat the yankees.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, wargograw said:

Had plans to go Monday as well. Pretty pathetic egg-laying by our Tribe.

Yeah an instant egg-laying CLASSIC!

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hit Papacitos for dinner tonight on the other side of the stadium. Pricey but good.

Glad you liked it...

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So why is the Astrodome still standing? What is it used for?

Was being used for conventions like an annual Oil & Gas industry gathering... displaying large equipment indoors. There's a large covered area adjacent to the old dome. for booths, meetings, etc. The new stadium is a fair walk away from this support facility. Used to be used for the annual Houston Livestock show and rodeo. But I am told by the in-laws no more...

The debate about the worth of even minimal update of the dome has been on-going for years.

Pretty long practice report for us this week, but looking pretty promising outside of Burgess.

---------------------------------------------------------------- W -- Th --- F --

B.J. Bello CLE LB     LP LP LP
Kenny Britt CLE WR Ques Groin LP LP LP
James Burgess CLE LB Doub Knee DNP DNP DNP
Sammie Coates CLE WR     FP FP FP
Shon Coleman CLE OT Ques Knee DNP LP
Jamie Collins CLE LB     FP FP FP
Myles Garrett CLE DE     LP LP LP
Jamie Meder CLE DT     LP LP LP
Danny Shelton CLE DT     FP FP FP
Jamar Taylor CLE CB     DNP LP LP
Randall Telfer CLE TE     FP FP FP
Joe Thomas CLE OT     DNP FP FP
J.C. Tretter CLE C Ques Knee DNP DNP LP
Kevin Zeitler CLE OG     FP FP FP

And HOU's is even longer...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ W -- Th --- F --

Jadeveon Clowney HOU DE     DNP DNP LP
Dylan Cole HOU LB     FP FP FP
D'Onta Foreman HOU RB     LP LP FP
Kyle Fuller HOU C     LP FP FP
Ben Heeney HOU LB Out Knee DNP DNP DNP
Kareem Jackson HOU CB     DNP FP FP
Kevin Johnson HOU CB Out Knee DNP DNP DNP
Johnathan Joseph HOU CB     DNP DNP LP
Greg Mancz HOU C Ques Knee LP LP LP
Benardrick McKinney HOU LB Ques Hip DNP DNP LP
Corey Moore HOU S Out Concussion DNP DNP DNP
Brennan Scarlett HOU LB     FP FP FP