Tour2ma

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

A few things:

A. I see that they are staying at a Holiday Inn near the stadium, or a Crown Plaza. Is this where the people from our group wish to stay? I likely will not as I think I can get a room for half that price through my Hilton connection. Likely stay at a nearby Hampton or Hilton if there is one.

B. They have a BBQ tailgate before the game for $15.75. Is this where this group from the board plans to tailgate?

C. No details yet on the Saturday Night Bash. I know last year in Nashville there was a big bash....and Mack and Byner were in attendance.

Our regular tailgate group will be attending the Bash on Saturday. As for the tailgate, myself and whoever is coming with me from Cleveland will be guests of The Bulls On McNee tailgaters. They are Texans fans. When Houston came to Cle 2 years ago we hosted 35 people from the Bulls On McNee. In return they have invited us to be their guests. They said to include all Browns fans that want to join them. So I have extended that invite to anyone here. So the options are there tailgate with browns backers or Texans. I'll send you a PM later today. I'd like to share some details with you

Our regular tailgate group will be attending the Bash on Saturday. As for the tailgate, myself and whoever is coming with me from Cleveland will be guests of The Bulls On McNee tailgaters. They are Texans fans. When Houston came to Cle 2 years ago we hosted 35 people from the Bulls On McNee. In return they have invited us to be their guests. They said to include all Browns fans that want to join them. So I have extended that invite to anyone here. So the options are there tailgate with browns backers or Texans. I'll send you a PM later today. I'd like to share some details with you

My group of four will drop by the tailgate for sure and maybe the Bash, but the other three, wife and in-laws, are Texan fans... :o

My group of four will drop by the tailgate for sure and maybe the Bash, but the other three, wife and in-laws, are Texan fans... :o

You mean the Browns Backers tailgate with the $15.75 BBQ? Seems fair enough. (though our Browns Board tailgates only charged like 5 bucks...but those were subsidized by members here).

Saturday Bash still not decided on where.

Are you suggesting for members here that they just hook up with the hotels suggested by those Browns Backers? (you see where I may make other arrangements)

Are we on our own for tickets?

It is not 100% yet that I will come...about 75-80% and climbing. I may have a traveling companion for my trek to N.O and Bayou country....a nephew and maybe some others are considering it. The nephew is a Dolphin fan (yes, grew up in S. Florida, so he is legit.). And I am hoping my daughter will make it. She is deciding...apparently, on whether or not to be a Cowboys fan or a Texans fans. She has rejected the Browns because of the Goat roper complex she has developed. But...perhaps for a day I can get her away from the Dark Side. If I can get her one of those Texas Browns Backers T-Shirts I think she will go for the Browns for a day.

The website shows that the design is still in devolpment.

You mean the Browns Backers tailgate with the $15.75 BBQ? Seems fair enough. (though our Browns Board tailgates only charged like 5 bucks...but those were subsidized by members here).

Saturday Bash still not decided on where.

Well... they have a few months...

And no, not the Backers tailgate, the one mentioned in the quote I posted below...

Tour and Gip I sent you both a PM

post-2383-0-00230400-1494370561_thumb.jpeg

This is the group from Houston that we hosted.

Thanks Tour...I was thinking StubHub myself for tickets, but we'll wait and see. My wife and I are heading down to Houston to visit my son,his wife and our grandson (1st one). I'll bring some chirizo from the west side market...where's the tailgate?

attachicon.gif16027.jpeg

This is the group from Houston that we hosted.

What's all that white stuff?

Thanks Tour...I was thinking StubHub myself for tickets, but we'll wait and see. My wife and I are heading down to Houston to visit my son,his wife and our grandson (1st one). I'll bring some chirizo from the west side market...where's the tailgate?

Yup... not sensing a hurry for these tix, but since I want to sit close to the in-laws and maybe trade seats around to sit with them, I'll have to spring earlier than I otherwise would.

Any one of a number of parking lots near the stadium will host the tailgate TopDawg is talking about... I'm sure he'll know which one soon if he doesn't already.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/tailgating/guidelines-and-rules.html

Ok I found the pic of the YELLOW LOT. In this pic you see the hotel I booked, the gate to the lot the Bulls On McNee use and Tacos. They have a tradition where they go here for victory nachos after every game. Only this year we will be eating the victory nachos. They also have a saying there that they swear by, it's BLUE LOT SUCKS!

post-2383-0-34020200-1494433523_thumb.jpg

And here is a pic of their victory nachos

post-2383-0-86740000-1494433802_thumb.jpg

And here is a pic of their victory nachos

lol... I'm bringing a garden shovel...

"You're a daisy if you do."

I will be in London looking for homos.

So? You will be playing the Crying Game?

The_Crying_Game_5.jpg

My odds may have gone down some on going to the Houston game. The one "traveling partner"...my nephew has indicated that N.O. Lousiana etc. in not a destination that he wants to go that time of year. We talked about possibly New Mexico then (Oct). Louisana may be a place to go more in spring, or even winter.

So, while I think I may still tend to want to go, it may be down now to about 60%. The main thing to still get me to go is to meet up with my daughter. I probably won't make a final decision until late August.

for those flying out of CLE, Southwest has "wanna get away" fares for 173 one way to HOU.

What's all that white stuff?

Yup... not sensing a hurry for these tix, but since I want to sit close to the in-laws and maybe trade seats around to sit with them, I'll have to spring earlier than I otherwise would.

Any one of a number of parking lots near the stadium will host the tailgate TopDawg is talking about... I'm sure he'll know which one soon if he doesn't already.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/tailgating/guidelines-and-rules.html

Tour already knows- but for the rest of the Board, I'm in for sure. May do the StubHub route for tickets- let me know the general area you're sitting in. The BB Hotel should be an easy walk to the Tailgate Lots. Two bottle wine carry limit.

Any "open container" restrictions outside the Lots? But looking at the rules and regulations- 68db sound limit? What the hey! That's Church level. I don't consider it loud until it hits 90db. My Man Cave can pump out 110db continuous, though I don't go there anymore- 30 seconds and your ears are ringing. Always had heard that's "live rock concert" level. When I built a system that could get to that level, found out I never needed to get there in the first place. That's not just loud- it's stupid loud.

Tour already knows- but for the rest of the Board, I'm in for sure. May do the StubHub route for tickets- let me know the general area you're sitting in. The BB Hotel should be an easy walk to the Tailgate Lots. Two bottle wine carry limit.

Any "open container" restrictions outside the Lots? But looking at the rules and regulations- 68db sound limit? What the hey! That's Church level. I don't consider it loud until it hits 90db. My Man Cave can pump out 110db continuous, though I don't go there anymore- 30 seconds and your ears are ringing. Always had heard that's "live rock concert" level. When I built a system that could get to that level, found out I never needed to get there in the first place. That's not just loud- it's stupid loud.

First: what is the "BB Hotel"?

oct 15th?

HA! the eve of my wife/girls Bday....

imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".

might as well shoot myself now.

october. what season do you consider that in TX? duck season?

oct 15th?

imagine that.."sorry hon, going to TX to drop serious money in strip clubs and be drunk in a stadium while you receive a thank you note from me on yur special day".

I consider it summer. Summer in Texas runs from about April till early November.
  • Upvote 1

First: what is the "BB Hotel"?

That's the "official" Browns Backers hotel. If you had read that stuff Tour posted from the Space City Browns Backers- they reserved a block of rooms @ the Holiday Inn, NRG area. 8 minute walk to the stadium, less to the tailgates. Don't know if there's any rooms left at the group rate, and if you want more than Saturday and Sunday night, you need to call. The on line group code only works for those days.

"Official Browns Backer" Hotel

Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center

8111 Kirby Dr.

Houston 77054

Preferred Browns Backer Rate - $109/night + tax

Group Code - AF7

just make sure you have your official ID or for 1/2 of you your green cards......

B)B)

"Official Browns Backer" Hotel

Holiday Inn Houston South - NRG/Medical Center

8111 Kirby Dr.

Houston 77054

seriously?

• Upvote 1

Yup... you can see each from the other... there's pretty much only the the itty-bitty Astrodome separating the two areas.

oct 15th?

take them all to Houston for their Bday, strategic gifts.