Tour2ma

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

Update: The website address is good. The site does not go live until the first week in May. Until then it will redirect to the homepage of the web designer.

Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

Just curious: Is the "Galleria" area, a place where the group might stay?

Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.

Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.

And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.

Sure... It's the nearish West side. On Westheimer Road just outside the 610 Loop between Highway 59 to te south (slated to become I-69) and I-10 to the north. It's a great, albeit high-end, area of Houston and not all that convenient to the Stadium, but early on a Sunday morning, maybe 20 minutes away via the Loop.

Closer to noon the traffic exiting the Loop for parking will get bad... as in, miss the 1st quarter, bad. Secondary roads thru downtown would be a better choice... and if enough folks pool, then Uber might make sense vs. driving and parking.

And I am sure there are bus-lines from the area to the stadium on gameday.

What area are these "Space City" Browns Backers holding their events, do you know?

Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

Read your mail Tour- put me down as a paying "maybe".

Read your mail Tour- put me down as a paying "maybe".

Got it and replied this AM. Most of the time new message pop up when I log in, but sometimes they don't... your didn't...

Yes... I know... and you would, too, if you read posts.

Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.

I guess I meant: where are the hotels to be. What "club" are they having events on Saturday. (it only said "near the stadium". If none of those are yet determined, all you had to do was to say so.

Any updates here? Though, I know that concentration is elsewhere. After draft maybe?

Your post only talked about where the pregame tailgate near the stadium was.

The Space City bunch are based NW of Houston in a nice area towards Spring, The Woodlands and other "suburbs". Plenty of lodging choices, great eating and one of the best (and biggest) outdoor Bars you'll ever see. At one time I know it sold the most beer of any single establishment in Harris County, a/k/a Houston.

Comfort Suites

1055 McNee Road
Houston
TX 77054

Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.

Comfort Suites

1055 McNee Road

Houston

TX 77054

Not sure how many rooms they have but I booked into here, its a walk across the street to the Stadium.

Is this the official "Browns Backers" hotel for which they have reserved a block of rooms?

No Gip, just a suggestion. It's where I booked my room. Only because I can walk into the tailgate and game.

www.houstonbrownsbackers.com

This site is still not up and running.

Here's a VividSeats tip...

Might need to have an account, but...

I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.

Within minutes a $20 off "coupon" for that very purchase was in my email...

I was on the verge of buying a pair of tix yesterday, credit card info in, etc, when I bailed. I'd gagged on the site's $40+change per ticket "service" charge. At least their e-delivery fee is a "reasonable" $2.90 vs. other site's as high as $7.95... all again per ticket.

I like using seat geek and stubhub one of which, don't remember, has the final price as the price you see.

Please see "Best Answer" for lodging update from the Space City Browns Backers Prez...

Also, webite is still redirecting... no update as to when it will be running.

Please see "Best Answer" for lodging update from the Space City Browns Backers Prez...

Also, webite is still redirecting... no update as to when it will be running.

Thanks Tour, I shared the "Best Answer" to our group, GNATStailgaters.com and got in contact with the Space City Browns Backers. We are going to hook up with them for their Bash on Saturday Night.

Thanks Tour, I shared the "Best Answer" to our group, GNATStailgaters.com and got in contact with the Space City Browns Backers. We are going to hook up with them for their Bash on Saturday Night.

Backer Bash - Saturday night, Oct 14th, from 6 - 10pm near NRG Stadium

• Pre-screened 3 clubs that we can now select from
  • 2 or more Browns Alumni in attendance
  • Raffle prizes
  • "Texas Themed" t-shirts for sale

I assume you mean this bash. Any word on where it will take place?

Backer Bash - Saturday night, Oct 14th, from 6 - 10pm near NRG Stadium

• Pre-screened 3 clubs that we can now select from
  • 2 or more Browns Alumni in attendance
  • Raffle prizes
  • "Texas Themed" t-shirts for sale

I assume you mean this bash. Any word on where it will take place?

yes that is the bash I was referring to. Nothing yet.

The Houston Browns Backers site is now active.http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/

"Best Answer" updated with above and preliminary Backer Bash info...

The Houston Browns Backers site is now active.http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/

A few things:

A. I see that they are staying at a Holiday Inn near the stadium, or a Crown Plaza. Is this where the people from our group wish to stay? I likely will not as I think I can get a room for half that price through my Hilton connection. Likely stay at a nearby Hampton or Hilton if there is one.

B. They have a BBQ tailgate before the game for $15.75. Is this where this group from the board plans to tailgate?

C. No details yet on the Saturday Night Bash. I know last year in Nashville there was a big bash....and Mack and Byner were in attendance.