THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Thursday.....(no draft questions)

The Gipper

Haven't done a survey in quite a while. May as well do one now. And guess what? No draft questions. Give a little bit of a respite from that area:

1. NFL schedule released tonight. If you had a chance, besides the London game, which Browns road game would you most like to attend?

2. Which other NFL team besides the Browns (or if you are not a Browns fan, your favorite team) do you like the most.....or shall we say...dislike the least?

3. NHL playoff season upon us. Which NHL team would you most like to see bring home the Cup?

To help out, these teams are still in it....some more than other:

Nashville/Chicago/St. Louis/Minnesota/Anaheim/Edmonton/San Jose/Montreal/NY Rangers/Ottawa/Boston/Washington/Pittsburgh/Columbus/Toronto/Calgary

4. What are your expectations for the NBA playoffs, Cavs, etc.

5. Discussion had in the Barbershop: What is your favorite Barbecue Restaurant?

Haven't done a survey in quite a while. May as well do one now. And guess what? No draft questions. Give a little bit of a respite from that area:

1. NFL schedule released tonight. If you had a chance, besides the London game, which Browns road game would you most like to attend?

@Detroit

2. Which other NFL team besides the Browns (or if you are not a Browns fan, your favorite team) do you like the most.....or shall we say...dislike the least?

Cardinals

3. NHL playoff season upon us. Which NHL team would you most like to see bring home the Cup?

Nashville/Chicago/St. Louis/Minnesota/Anaheim/Edmonton/San Jose/Montreal/NY Rangers/Ottawa/Boston/Washington/Pittsburgh/Columbus/Toronto/Calgary

Toronto, Montreal, or Calgary

Cavs get to the finals, but I doubt they can beat the Warriors. While I expect the Cavs to get that far, I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose an East series, they struggled down the stretch.

I'll pass...we don't go to too many BBQ places, as we have our own smoker. Hot Sauce Williams has the best Ribs at the Rib Burn Off here in Berea though (Memorial weekend).

My own answers to my questions

Initially I was thinking about the Chargers game (even before they moved to LA. I was still thinking that, but now I am not so sure. Last year I went to Nashville Titans game with Hoorta and Flugel, and had a good time...except for watching the Browns fuckup again). Mark says getting tickets to a Chargers game in their tiny stadium may be a bitch. So, the other one I have thought about is the Houston game. I have some designs on some travel east of there in the Louisiana Bayou country, so hitting over to Houston would not be that hard. We can see the Big B.O. beat his old team?

On the London thing, that would be #1...but, in my case, unless I get spousal dispensation, it is a very, very long odds situation....as is getting spousal dispensation.

Another question that came up on another thread. My tendency would be to pick non rival teams that have not won in forever..whose ownership are not assholes who have moved for money. (that eliminates the Chargers and Cardinals). I guess that means like the Lions, Eagles, Vikings. (and for familial purposes, the Packers...since my wife is from Woosconsin).

My order of preference to win:

1. Ottawa Senators

2. Toronto Maple Leafs

3. Edmonton Oilers

4. Nashville

5. Washington Caps

6. St. Louis Blues

I want a Canadian team to win....but not Montreal. If not them, a team that has not won ever, or recently.

Cavs still to make NBA Finals.....hey, they have LeBron, of course.

Not really expecting them to win it though. Hoping, not expecting.

Well, I just went to Joe's Barbecue in Kansas City Kansas, and everything I read said it was the best BBQ place in the Kansas City area. And it was outstanding. And given that KC is the BBQ capital in this country, that is saying a lot.

For Northeast Ohio, I put this question out on facebook to all my friends there, because I have not gone to BBQ places much around here. Five different people told me that the Mission Barbecue in Canton Oh. is the best place in this part of the country. So, some day soon I will have to try that place.

Toronto, Montreal, or Calgary

FYI, Calgary eliminated already, lost series 4-0 to Anaheim.

Hot Sauce Williams has the best Ribs at the Rib Burn Off

Definitely a candidate, and I have eaten there. There was also Smoky Pig up on the east side of Cleveland.

Always love me some Gip-veys...

Texans since that's a gimme...

Texans since I lived in Houston for longer than I lived in Cleveland... that and a marriage requirement. My NFC team has always been da bears...

Flyers are my NHL team, but since... I'll go with the Bluejackets...

Tough road to get out of the East for the Cavs, methinks... both ATL and Washington look to be serious challengers, Boston as well although it does look like they are in trouble in Round one.

OOoo.... tough one... depends on the kind of barbeque...

In Texas:

• Houston has Goode & Co. which barbeques a lot of interesting meats, e.g., duck, and does a strong brisket.
  • Best brisket? In East Texas there's Bodacious which is consistently very good... and tender... many locations.
  • Ribs? Probably Cotton's... big place with a couple locations in the Robstown/ Corpus Cristie area.
  • Pork... definitely not a Texas thing, but I love it. Only was there once, but the original Bozo's outside of Memphis, TN was mouthgasmic...

I'll pass...we don't go to too many BBQ places, as we have our own smoker. Hot Sauce Williams has the best Ribs at the Rib Burn Off here in Berea though (Memorial weekend).

Lived right around the corner from a Hot Sauce Williams in Shaker Hts my Senior year... damn good ribs... VERY hot sauce..

Houston, just hop on the Metro.

Chiefs

Fuck Hockey

Winner between GS and SA will be the champs

Franklin BBQ in Austin has the best food, but Stubbs is the place to be...at least it used to be

ANY ROAD GAME

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS...TWO FOLD I RESCUE SAINT BERNARDS AND HAVE FAMILY THERE!

GO BLUE JACKETS

CAVS REPEAT CHAMPIONS

ON MY BACK DECK!!! ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME!

Browns at Steelers

Saints. Because like the Steelers their colors are Black and Gold and they too have a classy logo.

The Penguins again.

Gut feeling tells me the Cavs do not repeat. Warriors champs again.

1. NFL schedule released tonight. If you had a chance, besides the London game, which Browns road game would you most like to attend? Would have been Houston, but out of the country.

2. Which other NFL team besides the Browns (or if you are not a Browns fan, your favorite team) do you like the most.....or shall we say...dislike the least? Broncos guy.

Nashville/Chicago/St. Louis/Minnesota/Anaheim/Edmonton/San Jose/Montreal/NY Rangers/Ottawa/Boston/Washington/Pittsburgh/Columbus/Toronto/Calgary Not a hockey fan.

4. What are your expectations for the NBA playoffs, Cavs, etc. Warriors are the team to beat year.

5. Discussion had in the Barbershop: What is your favorite Barbecue Restaurant? The Salt Lick in Driftwood SW of Austin. Need to try the one in Round Rock closer to home.

Detroit- have a former college roomie that lives in Troy. Houston is a good possibility, depending on finances, London.

Chiefs. Great fans and unbelievable tailgates.

Since Detroit is out of it, St Louis. Anybody but the Bruins and Penguins.

The odds of the Cavs making the Finals went way up after they pulled off that miracle against the Pacers. LeBron passed more all-time greats in that game. Another three seasons at the level he's playing at- the discussion of who's the GOAT will be narrowed down to him and Jordan. But they're going to have to play way better to beat Golden State, LBJ can't do it all by himself, he'll need some help. If Boston loses to the Bulls tonight, they're toast & that would make me very happy.

Local place- Fatback's. I rarely hit out of town rib joints as the top steakhouse in town is always #1 priority. Ate at the original Arthur Bryant's in KC, and was underwhelmed.

Detroit- have a former college roomie that lives in Troy. Houston is a good possibility, depending on finances, London.

Houston is also a possibility for me. We'll have to talk. Tour can give us the Tour...and take us to one of those BBQ places he mentions. ;)

Houston is also a possibility for me. We'll have to talk. Tour can give us the Tour...and take us to one of those BBQ places he mentions. ;)

Be happy to... Goode & Co., it is...

I can even do some room block searching... and contact the local Browns Backers about their per- and post-game plans.

Be happy to... Goode & Co., it is...

I can even do some room block searching... and contact the local Browns Backers about their per- and post-game plans.

Have to see what the "group" plans. For me, for away game, it is like 1% London....and preference would be like 75% SoCal and 24% Houston. But, I may go along with what others may be doing.

Archived