Sign in to follow this  
Browns149

Playoffs start

mjp28    156

I seen them show the highlights of wide open 3s being missed and there were some but watching the game the D on the perimeter over all was fantastic

They looked like some undisciplined high school team just chucking up the ball, professional hoops teams must be better than that. Plus who knows on the health of Thomas?

C'Mon San Antonio down 0-3 please give GS a battle! And go CAVS! Another championship playoff in CLEVELAND!

BaconHound    92

How you like them apples baconhound?

Yes the Celtics are my favorite team. Yes I'm disappointed that they aren't even putting up a fight. I also watch enough basketball, especially Celtic's basketball, to know that they were a definite underdog. I would've guess Cavs in 5 with the C's stealing one of the first two. As a basketball fan I also know GSW will be the favorite team in the Finals and if I was asked for a prediction GSW in 6. I will be rooting for the Cavs because I was never a Jordan fan and any chance Lebron has to keep himself in the conversation I'm all for it. What I hope is Cav fans don't become fucking assholes like Red Sox fans just because they've had a little taste of success. Celebrate the successes, support your squad, but do it with class.

mjp28    156

From vegasinsider.com after Sunday's disappointing CAVS loss.....

ODDS TO WIN THE 2016-17 NBA FINALS (6/15/17)

Team Odds

Golden State Warriors 5/12 <--- obviously the books think that the West is superior

Cleveland Cavaliers 9/5

Boston Celtics 1000/1

San Antonio Spurs 2000/1

The Gipper    1,168

How can they go from one extreme to the other in such a short time? Up by 40+ in one game....then up by 20+ at home and blow that lead?

And LeBron scores -0- points in the 4th quarter where he should be taking over that game?

WTF is up with that?

mjp28    156

What a record setting ass kicking that was! Now get this thing over in Cleveland and get some rest before the round III rematch versus GS. Boston might come out swinging unless they've totally lost their manhood in Beantown.

GO CAVS!

Boston came out swinging.

LeBron had a chance to tie Michael Jordan for consecutive 30 point games in the playoffs...he didn't.

The Gipper    1,168

Boston came out swinging.

LeBron had a chance to tie Michael Jordan for consecutive 30 point games in the playoffs...he didn't.

I think he did tie him.....he had a chance to beat his record, but didn't.

mjp28    156

I think he did tie him.....he had a chance to beat his record, but didn't.

I wasn't 100% sure if it was tie/pass and I was too lazy to look it up so I guessed tie. Any time you pass Jordan it's a BIG deal in anything.

The Cysko Kid    757

Shit happens. I don't anticipate the Celtics winning this series or even making a real series of it.

• Upvote 1

The Gipper    1,168

Shit happens. I don't anticipate the Celtics winning this series or even making a real series of it.

Or even winning another game.

The Cysko Kid    757

Hey I give them credit where it's due. They played hard last night and stole one from Goliath

BaconHound    92

Lebron is awesome, no doubt. This series goes 5 and I don't anticipate either of the next two being any closer than 10-15 points. Cleveland will have their hands full in the Finals. The Cavs can win but I'd be surprised if the ESPN BPI was any greater than 42%. Hope it's as good as last year

calfoxwc    1,175

well, there ya go. James passed hokey M Jordan in points scored, Shaq had a big toe attack, the Cavs

really let Boston have it. Boston didn't have the lead once in the entire game.

Clash of the Giants coming up. I despise the warriors and their dirty play.

cambridgeho    75

Having the Cavs in the finals 3 years in a row is pretty cool. However, I think we will be getting dismatled by the Warriors. We shall see though.

• Upvote 1

Imo LeBron and Durant match up decides the series. Durant had the highest production and his opponents had the teams lowest production allowed. His on court off court was night and day. GS lost key players to obtain Durant. They are not the same team without him. Their only skid this year was without him. LeBron has owned Durant his entire career

Curry is the greatest shooter I've ever seen but lacks super athlete ability and kyrie is a perfect match. Fast enough to not be exposed on D and skilled enough to score on him.

If GS chooses again to not let Love beat them and live with the out come we win this series in 6. He is the one player they can control and outcome will be bad for GS. The sacrifice will come at a great cost. The floor will stay spread and LeBron and Kyrie own them inside

Just want to be on record saying it.

calfoxwc    1,175

Kyrie is amazing - the most amazing player in the NBA, I guess. He is that amazing.

some of the stuff he does...

I've never seen before - anywhere.

GO CAVS !!!!

Kyrie is amazing - the most amazing player in the NBA, I guess. He is that amazing.

GO CAVS !!!!

+1

BaconHound    92

GO CAVS !!!!

Kyrie outplayed Curry in last years Finals but he isn't a top 10 NBA player.

Top 10 player no but top 10 guard yes. If Kyrie had Kobe Jordan size he would be top 3-4 player because let's be for real here Irving is a SG in a PG's body. Skill wise he is off the charts

mjp28    156

Kyrie outplayed Curry in last years Finals but he isn't a top 10 NBA player.

Curry was hurting all of the 2016 Finals and it showed. This year with added support and a healthier Curry no wonder GS is favored, the CAVS will need some super effort to get a lead in this series.

BaconHound    92

Curry was hurting all of the 2016 Finals and it showed. This year with added support and a healthier Curry no wonder GS is favored, the CAVS will need some super effort to get a lead in this series.

Cavs defense is going to have to be very good.