THE BROWNS BOARD

Voluntary Spring Workouts Begin

Tour2ma

And Brock showed up...

Osweiler reports to Browns facilities for beginning of offseason program

http://www.thescore.com/news/1282457

Props to Brock... showing up for a voluntary workout after the way his acquisition has been lampooned actually verges on praise-worthy.

Who knows??? Maybe a guy who's been described as a self-entitled prick can undergo a major attitude shift after the simple installation of a chip on his shoulder.

Impressed me. The way he was vilified after the trade with expectation of either trading or just dropping him, combined with an underwhelming "Welcome" by Browns staff including Hue, it takes some guts to show up for voluntary workouts. Hats off to "The forgotten man".

And Brock showed up...

Osweiler reports to Browns facilities for beginning of offseason program

http://www.thescore.com/news/1282457

Props to Brock... showing up for a voluntary workout after the way his acquisition has been lampooned actually verges on praise-worthy.

Who knows??? Maybe a guy who's been described as a self-entitled prick can undergo a major attitude shift after the simple installation of a chip on his shoulder.

Thank you Sashi for implementing said chip: "We were very excited to acquire a second round draft pick ... Oh, yeah, and that guy."

Zombo

I would like to see if he can do. He has potential like any other.

Think thier coach had some doing in that also.

Still amazes me at times this is their J-O-B just like all of us underprivileged working stiffs that go to our j-o-b-s 48 or more weeks a year, year after year without any great fanfare.

Not that we expect team athletes including the QBs to show up near the weeks stiffs do and now all well paid athletes do keep in reasonably good shape year round (no part time Jobs to make ends meet) but I'm not going to go too crazy if they show up for any extra workouts.

Afterall it is a team game and the objective is to win.

Impressed me. The way he was vilified after the trade with expectation of either trading or just dropping him, combined with an underwhelming "Welcome" by Browns staff including Hue, it takes some guts to show up for voluntary workouts. Hats off to "The forgotten man".

I suspect that behind the scenes, the Big B.O. was given more assurances than we were lead to believe. I think he was told "Ssshhhh" take your money and you will be given a good chance to start for this team.

I suspect that behind the scenes, the Big B.O. was given more assurances than we were lead to believe. I think he was told "Ssshhhh" take your money and you will be given a good chance to start for this team.

What would be the purpose to keep that quiet? And to add embarrassment of not welcoming him in? Not sure I get that at all.

What would be the purpose to keep that quiet? And to add embarrassment of not welcoming him in? Not sure I get that at all.

Other than to downplay the deal so as to make it seem that the Browns were not high on a guy that most others, fans, media etc. didn't amount to muc...when they really are a bit high on him, I don't know. Just goes along with the subterfuge and mind games NFL teams play.

Remember, they took Cody Kessler in round 3 when everybody saw this guy as maybe a 6th rounder at best.

Archived