THE BROWNS BOARD

Way off topic...Anyone seeing Star Trek tonight?

165oac.jpg

Of course I had to slip a babe into the picture...you know me!

I have my tickets for tonight! I don't wear Spock ears and no Starfleet uniform or anything B)

So, anyone else planning on seeing it?

2964616499_10e6138940_o-1.gif

Lot of good Scifi Movies coming out...I saw X-Men already, Transformers coming, Terminator Salvation (I can make money off that one) & I also saw previews for a movie called Precint 9 District 9 looked interesting too.

Orion_slave_girls.jpg

Orion Women...yes from Star Trek (not in this movie though)

Trailer and reviews are great, so I'll be taking my comic book son Cooper as a beard. He's a real son, mind you... just READS comic books.

Wolverine was kinda lame compared to Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, Watchmen (a beautiful mess), X-Men, and so on. Didn't love it.

X-men...they didn't have all the stars in that one just one cameo by Patrick Stewart at the end.

I'm looking forward to Star Trek. You see the bridge? It looks like they consulted Apple for design specs.

I heard Wolverine messed up Deadpool pretty hard. I've got all the Deadpool comics, so if that's true that one little thing could ruin it for me. I'd still like to see it.

Terminator Salvation, there's a rumor going around the delay was the focus groups hated the ending so bad it had to be re-shot, something about Conner getting killed and his lutenists stripping off his skin and tossing it on a terminator programed to think it was him as they secretly gave all the real orders. Anyone else hear that one?

Transformers....

HAVE to see it, I loved the first one, went to see it in the theater 3 times and the 2nd one looks like it's going to be even more of a special effects extravaganza.

@ tobalaz: here's the director's quote on the ending: The ending is indeed elliptical. And it challenges the audience. It’s not a happy little bow of an ending at all. The ending is tough and requires reflection, and in some degrees it bifurcates the audience. You walk back to the car and one person thinks it means this, and the other person thinks it means that.

it's entirely possible that the studio ordered the ending to be changed since that quote came out simply because people can't handle having to think when they see a movie, which, in large part, defeats the entire purpose of science fiction.

the scenario you described is a pretty cool idea, but somehow lacks resonance even though it would mean man reasserting control over at least one machine in a world where that's rarely the case.

@ kosar: that's your fault for going to see what everyone knew could only be a shitty, shitty movie. indiana jones hasn't been truly great since raiders of the lost ark. temple of doom was a pile of shit and last crusade was a good/decent movie, but not anything special.

shia lebouf is the fourth jonas brother. dude needs to get kicked in the face.

Im not hating or anything, but you do know there is a movie forum here right?

but nonetheless I do think that the previews looked awesome, but I just cant bring myself to go see it due to the social label that will be slapped on me if I do. Ill Redbox it when it comes out on DVD

240x320.jpg

Really, is that where Steve lives? I am aware...Thanks B)

Steve does a GREAT job!

Not nearly the hits needed for my immediate question that the Browns board gets.

I'm not at all in to Star Trek but the movie looks kick a$$ and it's getting great reviews. My gf just called me from work and said her mom and bro want to check it out and asked if we want to go so I guess I'll be seeing it tonight.

I am not a "trekkie" fan however the previews look good and if those green she hulk women are in I guess so am I! :o

Just saw it. I won't state any more than 'it's a JJ Abrams film' for fear of biasing the movie one way or another.

We can discuss more after more people see it.

(And Indy 4 was a total piece of shit. No one expected that.)

165oac.jpg

Of course I had to slip a babe into the picture...you know me!

I have my tickets for tonight! I don't wear Spock ears and no Starfleet uniform or anything B)

So, anyone else planning on seeing it?

Someone photoshop RAC in there.

I am not a "trekkie" fan however the previews look good and if those green she hulk women are in I guess so am I! :o

Actually, the Orian woman that I posted here are NOT in the movie...they are from the series Star Trek: Enterprise.

Hey look, I found a picture of Dan while he was waiting in line for the Star Trek movie:

nerds.jpg

:lol:

I didn't even see you take my picture...you got me :)

I liked the movie btw

I'm looking forward to Star Trek. You see the bridge? It looks like they consulted Apple for design specs.

I heard Wolverine messed up Deadpool pretty hard. I've got all the Deadpool comics, so if that's true that one little thing could ruin it for me. I'd still like to see it.

Terminator Salvation, there's a rumor going around the delay was the focus groups hated the ending so bad it had to be re-shot, something about Conner getting killed and his lutenists stripping off his skin and tossing it on a terminator programed to think it was him as they secretly gave all the real orders. Anyone else hear that one?

Transformers....

HAVE to see it, I loved the first one, went to see it in the theater 3 times and the 2nd one looks like it's going to be even more of a special effects extravaganza.

I didn't hear that about Terminator Salvation and my Cousin is actually one of the producers (and his name is Derek Anderson - really http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2203770/).

I have spoken with him and I know that there are plans to have two additional movies completing another trilogy. I actually saw him last week for a funeral back home in Steubenville and he was busy as hell on the phone preparing for the premiere. Hopefully it does well. We're all excited about it.

No, I won't see it tonight I had to work, and I'm getting kind of old for midnight shows. Tomorrow for sure. And many more times after. LOL for us hardcore Trekkies, Star Trek: Enterprise messed up the timeline so badly, I have to take things with a rather large grain of salt. If that trailer was correct, every one of us old timers knows Kirk grew up in Iowa, not some Arizona\desert. :)

Ever wonder who I am? Oh, it's a deliberate misspelling there's two of us running around. :)

I didn't hear that about Terminator Salvation and my Cousin is actually one of the producers (and his name is Derek Anderson - really http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2203770/).

I have spoken with him and I know that there are plans to have two additional movies completing another trilogy. I actually saw him last week for a funeral back home in Steubenville and he was busy as hell on the phone preparing for the premiere. Hopefully it does well. We're all excited about it.

Which is why I asked had anyone else heard this rumor.

I'm looking forward to it myself, but am ready for a break in the timeline.

No, I won't see it tonight I had to work, and I'm getting kind of old for midnight shows. Tomorrow for sure. And many more times after. LOL for us hardcore Trekkies, Star Trek: Enterprise messed up the timeline so badly, I have to take things with a rather large grain of salt. If that trailer was correct, every one of us old timers knows Kirk grew up in Iowa, not some Arizona\desert. :)

Ever wonder who I am? Oh, it's a deliberate misspelling there's two of us running around. :)

the creature calls itself a horta, captain. great episode.

i've always wanted to throw that quote at you.

iowa's not all green fields and pastoral scenes. there's a reason the midwest was once the dust bowl.

also, it's a re-imagining of the origin story to a certain extent. the crew's definitely together way before they were in the original series.

and if you don't like that kirk might not be from iowa, you'll be hella pissed when the kid playing young kirk mispronounces his middle name as 'siberius' instead of what it really is. i plan on booing lustily.

I saw it, it was really good.

The way it started it gave it an entirely new timeline (so they can do ANYTHING now, it branches off in a new direction from the original series of movies) and leaves the doors open for an entire new string of squeals.

I loved Trek, but this one is fantastic, you don't have to be into Trek to enjoy it.

Archived