THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Browns Board Process Review & Feedback

Tour2ma

Now that we're done time to collect some lessons learned...

Among this year's differences, either planned in advance or made up on the fly were:

• trying to assign teams to produce as many consecutive picks as possible;
  • waiting as long as necessary in the early rounds, one through three IIRC, for GMs to show and make their picks;
  • declaring GMs "Absent" in rounds 4 - 7 and skipping them until they either showed or the end of the round at which time picks were made for them.

Among the past practices continued from darren's 2016 Commissionership were:

• maintaining a Players Picked by Position list;
  • maintaining a Players Picked by Team list; and
  • PM notices... endless PM notices... ;)

So...

• What worked well and could something be done to improve it?
  • What did not work well and how might it be improved,
  • What was missing that we need to add?

Thanks to all who participated and kept it moving through your PMs and picking up teams as folks had to drop out due to life.

Special thanks to darren for keeping the team lists updated and his coaching throughout the process.

• trying to assign teams to produce as many consecutive picks as possible;.

I'll kick off by repeating a comment I made during the draft...

I think this helped (looking for feedback on my take here), but attention to "tied teams" that will be swapping positions round by round would improve the pairings producing more consecutive picks throughout.

This year too many "consecutive pairing assignments" only included one of two tied teams meaning this round's consecutive picks became alternating picks the following round. Pretty easy clean up, if you know to look for it.

Just rambing here T. back to back picks worked well for speed ups if only there was a way to group GM's together somehow with similar login times.Ag,myself,london seem to log in early AM.than a afternoon group.than a evening group. My issue was(not known till research) back to back Mia/NYG. both had same needs. With same GM favoring a player over other team.Does not make for realistic draft. maybe almost favor 16 committed GM's. 2 separated teams with a Friday/Saturday/Sunday 3-5 hour designated window to go as far as we can go.15-20 mins. if needed per pick..than next rolls..Trades?just not there yet. May discourage some. May have to be in the guide lines with trade value chart, :wacko: or could get way out of hand. again, just a bob seger, rambling man of thoughts

Nice build on the time zone grouping...

Could try to do a one-day or two-day draft setting up time windows on a weekend or back-to-back weekends. Our Tavern could serve as the communication hub for picks... and some "banter". Might need a non-GM to act as commish to keep the pick lists updated.

Agree on the "pull" of one team over another when a GM chooses one team is chosen and the other assigned. I'd be lying if I said I did not feel that pull when rep'ing us and the Steelers, but that was later in the draft, not when the primo talent was being plucked. I had no such conflict when ATL was added to my list of teams mid-way thru the exercise.

Archived