THE BROWNS BOARD

Beauty and the Beast review

Beauty and the Beast

Disney

PG. 139 min

Hi gang. Hey I realize this one's been out for a little bit but keep in mind but it seems like it's going to be the biggest film of the season at least for a while. (Right now it's the biggest picture in the world) Also I know a lot of you wait until something comes out on DVD or pay-per-view so here's one you don't want to miss.

A few things right off the bat, we all know there's nobody that does this kind of stuff better than Disney and this is a great example.

Since we are all used to the animated versions of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST one might wonder if it can be successfully translated into live action, and the answer is a resounding yes. Thanks to modern day computer-generated graphics the animation is easily folded into semi human creatures and objects that come to life on screen.

I would be shocked but if anyone out there is completely unfamiliar with the story here are the basics.

A rich and handsome but obnoxious and arrogant Prince (Dan Stevens) insults an old woman to his peril. Turns out she has some magic powers and decides to cast a spell on him as punishment. He is turned into a monstrous half-animal half-human and his servants at the castle into semi animate objects. You know, talking tea kettle clock candelabra Etc.

His only salvation, according to the spell, is to earn someone's true love at which point he, his castle and his entourage will be restored to their normal state.

Meanwhile back in the village a lovely young girl, Belle, (Emma Watson) lives with her widower father Maurice (Kevin Kline ) who, on one of his regular journeys, unwittingly stumbles upon that enchanted castle and is taken prisoner by the Beast and his servants. The intrepid Belle sets out to rescue him but only winds up exchanging her captivity for his.

Again back in the village there is a loud and blustery ne'er do well named Gaston (Luke Evans) who has always had the hots for Belle and has vowed to make her his conquest by hook or by crook. He convinces the townspeople that Maurice is a madman when he returns and tells the story and whips everyone up into a torch and pitchfork frenzy.

During this time Bell has made friends with some of the animated inhabitants and slowly but surely the Beast's and her hearts, begin to soften.

You probably know the rest but even if you don't you should go see this film. Don't think it's just a kids movie , it's great for young and old alike. The special effects are state-of-the-art the acting is superb the cast, which also includes Emma Thompson, Ewan McGregor, and they always great Stanley Tucci is first rate. And even after significantly more than two hours it never gets tiresome . It's one of the great love stories of all time and as I've said before nobody noes it better then Disney.

A

WSS

this movie sucks, has gay stuff in it. just another piece of liberal social engineering garbage.

This movie sucks worse than the front side of Niagara Falls, just before the water goes over the edge.

Worst movie I never watched.....

F

• 1 month later...

Archived