THE BROWNS BOARD

LEVI JONES

Riffer X

Cincy terminated his contract. What would be the chances of signing him (if he's healthy) and giving him a shot at the RT spot? That way Tucker can stay at guard.

Man/kok seems very reluctant of aquiring cut afc north talent and im assuming they have reasons...laugh if you will but ive grown somewhat trustworthy of man/koks decision making process..granted jones is a player i like he has a year or 2 left of decent football but i think mangenuis has other plans there by next year...;)

Not to mention kokinis is well versed in this area so i trust their judgement...;)

Kokinis is a Pro Personnel guy not a college scout like Savage. He knows these guys and knows that Jones can't stay healthy. His knees are shot. Anyway, we have enough old veteran talent. If he's healthy, which is a big if, he's worth touching base with in case there is an injury in camp. I wouldn't sign him at this point. There will be a lot of insurance type guys that get released by the June 1st cuts.

Then again, isn't that what St. Clair is for.

Cincy terminated his contract. What would be the chances of signing him (if he's healthy) and giving him a shot at the RT spot? That way Tucker can stay at guard.

I'd love to see him here. Not only to play RT but as insurance if anything would happen to JT.

I think he's going to command more money than he's worth on the open market. The last I read there were 4 or 5 teams interested in him so I guess we'll find out. I don't think he'll be worth it but if he's not going to command more cash than he's worth he's definitely someone any team in need should check out. I'd take him for depth but I don't think he's looking for "depth" kind of money.

I think he's going to command more money than he's worth on the open market. The last I read there were 4 or 5 teams interested in him so I guess we'll find out. I don't think he'll be worth it but if he's not going to command more cash than he's worth he's definitely someone any team in need should check out. I'd take him for depth but I don't think he's looking for "depth" kind of money.

Jones is an elite type guy when healthy. If things pan out for the Browns, they will have 4 studs on their line given Mack is not a bust. It would look like this:

LT Thomas

LG Steinbach

C Mack

RG Tucker

RT ?????

Jones would give them five elite linemen if he started at RT. IMO Tucker is no longer a good RT but is a great RG. I would rather get his worth there but then you gotta trust guys like Poke Chop and St. Claire to hold down RT and they are more versatile depth guys than an actual RT.

I highly doubt Jones would take what the Browns would offer, which I'm sure wouldn't be much given their philosophy to this point.

Jones is an elite type guy when healthy. If things pan out for the Browns, they will have 4 studs on their line given Mack is not a bust. It would look like this:

LT Thomas

LG Steinbach

C Mack

RG Tucker

RT ?????

Jones would give them five elite linemen if he started at RT. IMO Tucker is no longer a good RT but is a great RG. I would rather get his worth there but then you gotta trust guys like Poke Chop and St. Claire to hold down RT and they are more versatile depth guys than an actual RT.

I highly doubt Jones would take what the Browns would offer, which I'm sure wouldn't be much given their philosophy to this point.

Look, we're going to be lucky to get Tucker through this season healthy much less any extra years out of him. We're going to have to look for a starting RT and RG next season.

I like the guy, he's mean, but no way should anyone who has seen him play guard and tackle ever want him to move back outside. I'm glad we see eye to eye there.

I don't want Jones, if he and Tucker start having health problems (and you know we will) keeping them both on the roster is going to make us 2 linemen short 8 weeks in if not sooner.

Kokinis is a Pro Personnel guy not a college scout like Savage. He knows these guys and knows that Jones can't stay healthy. His knees are shot. Anyway, we have enough old veteran talent. If he's healthy, which is a big if, he's worth touching base with in case there is an injury in camp. I wouldn't sign him at this point. There will be a lot of insurance type guys that get released by the June 1st cuts.

Then again, isn't that what St. Clair is for.

I agree on Kok.....as for the Jume 1 deal, that has changed and really isn't as relevant as it was in past years.

Changes have been made that allow teams to cut up to 2 players per year prior to June 1 and still carry their salary as if they were cut June 1, so the numbers and quality of the players cut on or after that date is much diluted compared to 3-4 years ago.

I would bet that Jones is one of those guys cut before June 1 who is still going to have his cap hit spread over 2 years.

Levi Jones is as classy a football player as you'll find. For years he was perinal shutdown LT for the Bengals......He gave Dwight Freeney all he could handle. Again a very tough as nails LT who played in 2003 down the strech after getting arthoscopic knee surgury 6 days before.

The thing with Levi is,his knees cannot hold up to a 16 game season.

I watched Trent Cole have his way with him last year.......and Levi Jones took himself out of the game knowing Cole was the better man that day.

Levi used to be a elite LT. Now he is just servicable.

I think he is going to want to command one last huge payday before he walks away from the game.

Right now I think he'd be a huge upgrade over Ryan Tucker who to me was always overated.

But he's not worth the big $$$$$$

Levi Jones is as classy a football player as you'll find. For years he was perinal shutdown LT for the Bengals......He gave Dwight Freeney all he could handle. Again a very tough as nails LT who played in 2003 down the strech after getting arthoscopic knee surgury 6 days before.

The thing with Levi is,his knees cannot hold up to a 16 game season.

I watched Trent Cole have his way with him last year.......and Levi Jones took himself out of the game knowing Cole was the better man that day.

Levi used to be a elite LT. Now he is just servicable.

I think he is going to want to command one last huge payday before he walks away from the game.

Right now I think he'd be a huge upgrade over Ryan Tucker who to me was always overated.

But he's not worth the big $$$$$$

He would have to be an upgrade over Tucker at RT to make it feasible. Tucker's value comes at RG, but would Mancock want two old and broke down guys holding down that side of the line?

My guess is no, but they did go out and get depth so maybe they'd take the chance at having an elite line for 12 games or so.

Archived