THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Mixon #65

BaconHound

Not sure ypc means much in college. Tevin Colemab's was higher for example. Mixon is 31 all time. And OU used to actually have to play against defenses...

OK... then pray tell what are the meaningful RB stats in college since apparently Coleman's 7.1 on 452 carries in the defensively soft BIG 10 had no role in foretelling his 4.4 over two seasons in ATL.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure 300 career carries with a 6.8 ypc average has something to do with his desirability as well.

Still... I can't go there.

After doing a some reading, I don't think I can either. Great talent, but his temper and attitude will lead to a short career.

But we miss this great theme song when he comes on the field. Let the fans have something anyway. ;)

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able..........................

OK... then pray tell what are the meaningful RB stats in college since apparently Coleman's 7.1 on 452 carries in the defensively soft BIG 10 had no role in foretelling his 4.4 over two seasons in ATL.

Height, weight, 40, eye test.

Eddie Lacy also had a higher college career ypc than Mixon.

We can blame society for this a little bit as well. We have empowered women to the point where they literally feel they can do whatever they want and not face consequences. 9 times out of 10, if not higher, a woman can shove and hit a man without any issue. The guy isn't going to respond. But watch the video, and watch what happens when Mixon fakes the first punch. The woman immediately cowers back, and then does the unthinkable. She actually attacks a human being in the top physical 1% on the planet.

Same thing happened at Florida State two years ago. Our backup QB was at a local bar, and a drunk women put her hands on him, tried to punch and kick him, and then....POW. He gives her the business. His life is altered forever. He's kicked off the team. Everything he's worked for the past upteen years is taken from him because he didn't walk away. He didn't let a woman beat him up.

Let me tell everyone a secret, regardless of what sex they are: You don't pick a fight with someone that can kick your ass. You might get lucky, and they might not retaliate, but I have no sympathy for a person who doesn't know their place. You don't hit women, but you CERTAINLY don't hit a man that can beat you down like a clown.

7moses7, on 12 Mar 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:snapback.png

no woman deserves to get punched by any man for any reason.He should have been sent to jail and charged with assault

He did indeed go through the Judicial system. They certainly knew all the facts of the case. And as far as I know..he WAS charged with assault.

What his sentence was, I don't know. But I have learned better than to substitute my judgment for that of the judge hearing a case.

Do you think you could do his job better than he can?

I Just couldn't help but troll on this one, The kid has issues, but the fact remains that nothing happened until after SHE made it physical. If it was a spindly man who got knocked out instead of a drunk chick this wouldn't even be a story.

Wow. Gotta wonder how some of you were raised.

Or maybe you mistyped or are just playing devil's advocate, if so, I apologize.

And pass on Mixon, let another team deal with it, we are not ready to be "that team" yet, let's get the fans trust back with some winning first. And yes, we can win without making these kind of picks.

Zombo

I was raised just fine, and never would've even touched her. She wouldn't have been able to hurt me with anything short of a machete. I'm playing devil's advocate to the people who are constantly talking about gender norms and equality.

This is part of equality. One guy hits another guy in a subway and gets his ass beat, that's just the way of the world. A girl hits a guy in subway and gets her ass beat and its national news. I've said several times this Mixon kid has anger issues and needs to work on decision making, but I'm not going to feel sorry for someone stupid enough to instigate a physical altercation with an elite athlete either.

I was raised just fine, and never would've even touched her. She wouldn't have been able to hurt me with anything short of a machete. I'm playing devil's advocate to the people who are constantly talking about gender norms and equality.

This is part of equality. One guy hits another guy in a subway and gets his ass beat, that's just the way of the world. A girl hits a guy in subway and gets her ass beat and its national news. I've said several times this Mixon kid has anger issues and needs to work on decision making, but I'm not going to feel sorry for someone stupid enough to instigate a physical altercation with an elite athlete either.

OK, I gotcha. I shouldn't have gone all "Holier than thou" on ya.

When it comes to women, no matter what, we've all gotta have that voice ingrained in us "Walk away dude, Walk away dude, Walk away dude."

Maybe he didn't have that tool, and quite possibly he's a better, stronger person now, but I'm still not touching him if I am the Cleveland Browns.

Zombo

She wouldn't have been able to hurt me with anything short of a machete.

I've said several times this Mixon kid has anger issues and needs to work on decision making...

And truth issues as well... Remember he said that slap we saw in the vid, the slap that did not budge him a single millimeter, was hard enough to have been thrown by a man.

Zeek will be in some shit now. He pulled the top of a woman down during a parade this weekend.

Mardi gras?

And truth issues as well... Remember he said that slap we saw in the vid, the slap that did not budge him a single millimeter, was hard enough to have been thrown by a man.

Mardi gras?

Porfootballtalk.com has the article and video. It was some St Patrick's day parade.

You can believe both that men should never hit women and that the law shouldn't take it any more seriously than vice versa. The feminists should get what they're asking for full bore instead of picking and choosing where they want "equality." I mean really, the leftists have done more to advance the notion that women are the weaker sex that need protection than any social conservatives ever have. Great irony.

You can believe both that men should never hit women and that the law shouldn't take it any more seriously than vice versa. The feminists should get what they're asking for full bore instead of picking and choosing where they want "equality." I mean really, the leftists have done more to advance the notion that women are the weaker sex that need protection than any social conservatives ever have. Great irony.

Take it to the political board.

I mean really, the leftists have done more to advance the notion that women are the weaker sex that need protection than any social conservatives ever have. Great irony.

That's right... being exploited really toughens them up.

I'd like to keep a Mixon thread open, so let's not venture too far away from him or the incidents surrounding him.

Aw, man... and just as war was making my point for me...

So they don't need toughening up. They're not weaker. But we should be outraged when at the bar they're treated like men. Or our evil social order made them weaker (rather than God) so we all need to apologize for our and our ancestors' actions. Those are the conclusions I'm seeing.

I'd like to keep a Mixon thread open, so let's not venture too far away from him or the incidents surrounding him.

Zombo

What you see will be the inevitable fate of any Mixon thread so might as well just let us hash it out once.

That's why I made my first post here...

There are differences, but it seems feminists are only interested in equality when I behooves them. Now, I'm for equality, as I think women in most ways are superior to men. But some women take that shit so far....And even fewer of them end up with a broken jaw.

I'm not in favor of drafting Mixon, but we WERE one of 4 NFL Teams conducting "Pre Pro Day interviews" with him. I wonder what Fan & media reaction may be were the Browns to draft him if we lose Crow.

Thoughts?

Mike

I'm not in favor of drafting Mixon, but we WERE one of 4 NFL Teams conducting "Pre Pro Day interviews" with him. I wonder what Fan & media reaction may be were the Browns to draft him if we lose Crow.

Thoughts?

Mike

It's early but his talent level is there. The question is whether or not he can keep his focus. If he can the sky is the limit and fans typically support productivity. The media will make a big deal of it, that's what they do. I don't think his red flags are Johnny Football level.

It's early but his talent level is there. The question is whether or not he can keep his focus. If he can the sky is the limit and fans typically support productivity. The media will make a big deal of it, that's what they do. I don't think his red flags are Johnny Football level.

I backed Johnny, thinking his red flags would be outgrown after college...I was WRONG!

What continues to bother me about Mixon is his throwing a parking ticket into a Meter Maid's face this past November. His supposed apology & remorse about punching the young lady 2 years ago don't appear to have resolved his "anger issues". How might this surface in Cleveland? No thanks.

Mike

Thoughts?

Mike

with him or without, winning makes it all better with media & fans. losing makes it a excuse..this dude can't handle the truth imo. but that's why we were there. Head check time not his talent..

Archived