THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade for BROCK OSWEILER

LondonBrown

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that's just occurred to me - what if we don't trade Osweiler for a pick and package that etc etc, but include Osweiler (on a new contract where we give him a $10m bonus today and then trade him tomorrow for example) in a package sent to the Pats?

Something that's just occurred to me - what if we don't trade Osweiler for a pick and package that etc etc, but include Osweiler (on a new contract where we give him a $10m bonus today and then trade him tomorrow for example) in a package sent to the Pats?

I'm not following.

I'm not following.

There's a lot of talk about trading Osweiler for a third round pick or whatever, then using that pick as part of a bundle to get Jimmy G. Cut the middle man and send Osweiler to NE with whatever other picks?

Forget paying $16m for the pick, and realise we'll either trade him (and then it becomes different) or, we cut RG3 and so we're only really worse off by $8.5m.

Plus it was pointed out on NFL Network that we are in a position where we have to spent to satisfy that whole minimum payroll thing in the CBA and this helps that.

Anyone care to speculate on the paying for picks thing? Basically how we get away with it...

Because it was a player trade...

Michael Silver‏Verified account @MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago

Take the player out of it for a second: the Browns just got a 2 for a 4. I'm no analytics genius but... good move, Sashi.

Well they got a 2nd round pick for moving back from the 4th to the 6th round this year.

Also I hope Osweiler feels like the $16 million piece of shit that he is.

I say no to trading for Jimmy G. this year. Kessler has more game experience than JG. We can always just buy him next year and the save the picks. I am not convinced that he is the savior that everyone else believes.

Plus it was pointed out on NFL Network that we are in a position where we have to spent to satisfy that whole minimum payroll thing in the CBA and this helps that.

So we could get to our min cap and take a 2nd rounder in the process? That sounds too good to be true

This is ammo for another QB. Be it trading up from 12 or JG.

... or for the 2018 stud...

The #Browns are seriously getting calls about Brock Osweiler. Seriously.

lol... he's a lot more attractive at $8mm/yr...

Also I think it still remains to be seen how Sashi turns out as a player evaluator, but if he does end up losing his job here some time in the future, you sure as hell can bet he is going to get picked up by a good team to run trades for them. Look at this off the wall trading the past year.

Moved back 27 spots in the 7th round to take Jamie Taylor, a poor performing CB who ended up just needing a change in scenery. Signed him to a new deal after a good year.

Traded a 3rd Comp pick for Jamie Collins, Pro-Bowl LB on the last year of his contract basically to have first rights to sign him. Resigned him.

Now the move back from 4th the 6th round this year to swallow a huge contract and gain a 2nd round pick in 2018.

You don't see other teams in the NFL make these kinds of trades. This is amazing, innovative stuff in the NFL.

Also I think it still remains to be seen how Sashi turns out as a player evaluator, but if he does end up losing his job here some time in the future, you sure as hell can bet he is going to get picked up by a good team to run trades for them. Look at this off the wall trading the past year.

Moved back 27 spots in the 7th round to take Jamie Taylor, a poor performing CB who ended up just needing a change in scenery. Signed him to a new deal after a good year.

Traded a 3rd Comp pick for Jamie Collins, Pro-Bowl LB on the last year of his contract basically to have first rights to sign him. Resigned him.

Now the move back from 4th the 6th round this year to swallow a huge contract and gain a 2nd round pick in 2018.

You don't see other teams in the NFL make these kinds of trades. This is amazing, innovative stuff in the NFL.

Let's not forget:

4th rounder for a 35 year old punter, replaced him with younger one off the street and re-signed to long-term deal.

5th rounder for special teams "player" Bark Mingo who is now a FA.

6th rounder from division rival Steelers for bust Justin Gilbert, who they could not cut fast enough after the season.

Questions?

1453428118015.jpg

Would love to know how some think this is a move to get JG...

You think the pats would take a 2018 2nd with or without Bo and serve up JG??

I'm thinking if we cut him were gambling on one of the qb needy teams above us at 12 takes him leaving us to get MT if that's the guy.

I'm in the cut RG3 and take the half hit camp, give him a year and see if he just had an off year last.

Would be typical browns if we cut BO and he signs for someone and makes the Pro bowl taking whoever to the playoffs.

So we just paid $16 million for a 2nd round pick.

I don't know if that's a good deal or not.

Depends on what we do with the pick.

We've pretty much got the market on backup QB's cornered.

This is amazing.

Great post... except Sashi is not "a player evaluator".

He was in the wrong offense in Houston.

What offense was that?

Archived