THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns trade for BROCK OSWEILER

LondonBrown

I do honestly get the vibe this was a chess move to set up the checkmate they envision in their head and it could be something like this.

As long as the goal isn't to actually keep Brock as more than a back-up, this could be a genius stroke.

Agreed. Hell, even if they turned around and swapped Brock to a QB starved team for a low round pick, it's still a good move.

Sashi is becoming a wheeler dealer.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's speculation on Twitter that BO & the picks were acquired to swap for Jimmy G.

Maybe, but why not announce as a 3-way trade?

Michael Silver‏Verified account @MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago

Take the player out of it for a second: the Browns just got a 2 for a 4. I'm no analytics genius but... good move, Sashi.

Sashi? Was it he who just laid out $17mm?

Can we give Jimmah just a little love?

We just bought a 2018 2nd round pick for $$16mil! Brilliant!! Keep him for 1 year and see if Hue can turn him around. Plus get to see Kessler for 1 more year of growth with our new,improved OL.

We just bought a 2018 2nd round pick for $$16mil! Brilliant!! Keep him for 1 year and see if Hue can turn him around. Plus get to see Kessler for 1 more year of growth with our new,improved OL.

i totally agree with this move. still draft a qb with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but now you can really see what you have. I don't think that is what is going to happen though. I think JImmy G can pack his backs

Well now, if we can somehow magic a third round pick for Osweiler - by eating a load of his contract and not violating any league rules about paying for picks at the same time - and put that together with the second we just got next year, and maybe a day two and day three pick, and somehow get Jimmy G...

Wow. Where's BBEd? *THIS* is your 4-d chess buddy.

If we come out of this free agency period adding Jimmy G, Zeitler, Tretter and Britt, and not giving up much draft equity...Sashi has to be executive of the year. We get our OL sorted, a starting QB, and still have a bunch of picks to spend on instant impact D players? We could be *very* good next year.

Anyone care to speculate on the paying for picks thing? Basically how we get away with it...

I have NO idea if this is true, but as I understand the swapping of compensatory picks was a legal loophole that allowed this to be valid. If so, that's a Patriot type of bending the rules in your favor move.

Archived