THE BROWNS BOARD

Kamp Kizer

Zombo

Well, Kim Kardashian is pear shaped and she seems to be doing OK....

I have her more as an eggplant, than a pear....none the less, I dont think she can throw an out...but is probably expert at hitting the fly.....

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think she can throw an out...but is probably expert at hitting the fly.....

lmao!! The Sacrifice Fly rule is in effect

Watching Kizer's interviews since being drafted - which I admit is the most I have ever seen him speak, I have come away pleasantly surprised by his demeanor. He is also saying the right things too..... It's early in the race I know ( understatement of the year there D ), but at least for me, it's a good start.

Sounds like just the vibe I got in his Gruden appearance... with not a hint of contrivance. I need to catch up on our draftee intros...

But....if you look.....he's kind of shaped like a pear.....and honestly, I cant think of a single pear shaped QB that has won in this league....

So... what kind of fruit should we look for?

So basically after spending a day with him, Hue threw his weight behind a QB prospect that is resistant to coaching? :blink:

RE: Gruden's QB camp- I suppose it's all in your perception. He is well versed on who does what on a given play against a given defense. Knowing what to do, and actually being able to do it- two different things.

i don't know- maybe he'll grow on me. He's got at least two years on the Browns roster- regardless.

i don't know- maybe he'll grow on me. He's got at least two years on the Browns roster- regardless.

And thus began "The Thaw"...

And thus began "The Thaw"...

The Curmudgeon Crawl..wait is that a accordion playing Copper Head Road :o

He's got a chance, and that's all that matters. Virtually every expert on earth said that none of the QB's this draft had the ability to come in and start right away, so I'm very proud of our front office and their approach. They let the draft come to them, and they took their guy at 52. Kizer is far and away from being a "homerun", but he's certainly got a chance. And guess what? If he struggles this year, we still have Kessler and Osweiler, both of which have starting experience. If we need a QB next year, we're in prime position to take another one. We're also in prime position to add OTHER players to our roster. The amazing thing about having extra picks in the prime rounds of the draft is we don't have to use EVERYTHING on a QB. We can take a QB, and also add pieces to the team.

I keep liking the Kizer pick more and more.

The Browns had 3 options,

1. Ignore a rare defensive prospect in favor of a questionable QB class.

2. Take the rare defensive talent and pay multiple first round picks for one of the top QBs in a questionable class.

3. Remain patient and make a relatively low risk pick on the highest upside QB in the class.

Just think about how much the Browns would have had to pay to outbid Chicago! I'm not sure San Fran would've accepted anything short of absolutely Re-tarded, given that the Chicago trade gave them the opportunity to still grab Solomon Thomas. to outbid the Chiefs for 10 would've cost at least 12+33, and probably at least one more valuable pick. To reject the Houston offer would be the equivalent of spending 2 first round picks on a guy with a weaker, less accurate arm than RG3, who is entering the league with a repaired ACL.

I called it before the draft that Kizer has the most potential to develop into a Franchise QB. Spending only one late 2nd on him, the Browns haven't shackled themselves to any of these QBs, which leaves them the option of still drafting a highly rated guy in 2018.

Yup... a disciplined draft... what a concept! But as DePo always say (in my sig)...

"When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta

Apparently he can now add that it's even easier yet to make popular ones.

What is the current status of the fan base? Pro/Con percentage estimates?

I called it before the draft that Kizer has the most potential to develop into a Franchise QB. Spending only one late 2nd on him, the Browns haven't shackled themselves to any of these QBs, which leaves them the option of still drafting a highly rated guy in 2018.

I've mentioned in another thread- a couple of the early 2018 mocks have us taking Sam Darnold- regardless. Problem is if we sit Kizer the entire year (as we probably should) going into the 2018 draft, we won't know what we have just like the Jets this year with Hackenberg. Are we going to draft a QB then regardless without kicking the tires on Kizer? MHO is that would be unlikely.

The Curmudgeon Crawl..wait is that a accordion playing Copper Head Road :o

And I wear my Curmudgeon Hat proudly. My motto for the last couple years has been SHOW ME. We may be improved a little this year- but it's just Suck for Sam, instead of Tank for Trubisky. :)

Oh, & Tour, don't know if I'll play the survivor league this year- but you can mail my pick in now Week 1, Steelers.

Let's not forget about option C. If Kessler makes the big jump between year 1 & 2 that has been known to happen, especially with a revamped line, Kizer may not see the field regardless. I'm not saying he is going too but Kizer still has to beat out Cody and Brock and I'm not sure that is going to happen at the beginning of the year. However, I do think that Brock is going to get traded at some point.

I've mentioned in another thread- a couple of the early 2018 mocks have us taking Sam Darnold- regardless. Problem is if we sit Kizer the entire year (as we probably should) going into the 2018 draft, we won't know what we have just like the Jets this year with Hackenberg. Are we going to draft a QB then regardless without kicking the tires on Kizer? MHO is that would be unlikely.

Let's not forget about option C. If Kessler makes the big jump between year 1 & 2 that has been known to happen, especially with a revamped line, Kizer may not see the field regardless. I'm not saying he is going too but Kizer still has to beat out Cody and Brock and I'm not sure that is going to happen at the beginning of the year. However, I do think that Brock is going to get traded at some point.

I think Kizer will see the field at some point, it's highly unlikely he ends up sitting the entire year. Browns have a hard time keeping QBs healthy. Hopefully Kessler does make the leap and stays healthy behind the "new and improved" o-line, but I think we will see both Osweiler and Kizer starting at some point in the season with Hogan going back to the practice squad. Let's see who actually wins the starting job in preseason, should be fun to watch.

Royce I think youve completely forgotten about option number four which is not to burn a second round pick on a extremely weak quarterback prospect when you could have an extremely high prospect another more useful position. There is absolutely no rule that says you must take a quarterback, any quarter back. The player you take in the second round instead of him will make the team stronger and give a better opportunity to 1 of the quarterbacks on the roster to prosper. If that doesn't happen it will set even a stronger foundation for the guy you might draft in two thousand eighteen with your two first round picks. The guy with the possibility of being a reel franchise quarterback.

WSS

What is the current status of the fan base? Pro/Con percentage estimates?

The doom and gloomers are the minority, but like with most anything else, they are also the loudest..... at least on social media any way.

Problem is if we sit Kizer the entire year (as we probably should) going into the 2018 draft, we won't know what we have...

So... ya think that just might influence our thinking? (Rhetorical alert! Since you also said...)

Are we going to draft a QB then regardless without kicking the tires on Kizer? MHO is that would be unlikely.

Oh, & Tour, don't know if I'll play the survivor league this year- but you can mail my pick in now Week 1, Steelers.

Why wouldn't you play? You can start warming up here: https://playoffpredictors.com/football/nfl/?L=Aw18ZXTt-DFOS1b0ckA

There is absolutely no rule that says you must take a quarterback, any quarter back.

Clearly you have forgotten the "Tour Rule"... "You always have to be looking for your next QB."

Gonna guess you have forgotten it's corollary as well: "Where and how hard you looks depends upon your current QB."

I'm ok with the Browns taking Darnold if they feel he's the undeniable answer. Having multiple viable options at QB would be categorized as a good problem to have. I doubt the Browns will have the opportunity to take Darnold, or be willing to sell the farm for him. Lets not forget there was a time where Kizer was considered the #1 QB so there is a long way to go in determining what will happen in 2018.

Royce I think youve completely forgotten about option number four which is not to burn a second round pick on a extremely weak quarterback prospect when you could have an extremely high prospect another more useful position. There is absolutely no rule that says you must take a quarterback, any quarter back. The player you take in the second round instead of him will make the team stronger and give a better opportunity to 1 of the quarterbacks on the roster to prosper. If that doesn't happen it will set even a stronger foundation for the guy you might draft in two thousand eighteen with your two first round picks. The guy with the possibility of being a reel franchise quarterback.

WSS

I forgot to mention my list was meant to be within the context of acquiring a QB via draft. While there were a lot of valuable guys available at 52, I feel Kizer represented the most value at the most valuable position.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050316aad.html

Notre Dame had 7 players drafted in the first 4 rounds last year: two in the first, two in the second, two in the third and one in the fourth. Furthermore, they were second in rookie contract value behind only the Buckeyes who were the story of the draft last year with the crazy volume of players sent to the NFL.

In contrast, this year, ND sent only one Player to the NFL in the top 6 rounds: Deshone Kizer. The only other ND guy was a 7th round DL. If Brian Kelly was able to reload like Urban Meyer, Kizer would've been the QB in conversation for #1, not Trubisky.

All things considered, Kizer was constantly trying to put a dogshit team on his shoulders. A dogshit team lead by a vastly overrated HC with a proven record of mismanaging the QB position.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3129302/type/college/deshone-kizer

Given the Circumstances, Kizer still improved upon his TD: INT ratio this year with 26/9, throwing five more TDs and one less INT. His passer rating only dipped 4.4 points on a team that was completely gutted by the NFL draft and a mere shell of its 2015 version. I know I've said it before, but after watching all of his tape, the record didn't say it, but Kizer was better this year than last year. If Brian Kelly fails to recruit in 2017 the way he did in 2016, the Mauve Megalomaniac will be slithering back to cincitucky.

I say all that to say this: when an intelligent, 6'4", 234 lb. QB with an NFL arm and decent mobility is sitting there in the second half of the 2nd round, and you're a team who needs a big strong, intelligent QB.....

Notre Dame had 7 players drafted in the first 4 rounds last year: two in the first, two in the second, two in the third and one in the fourth. Furthermore, they were second in rookie contract value behind only the Buckeyes who were the story of the draft last year with the crazy volume of players sent to the NFL.

In contrast, this year, ND sent only one Player to the NFL in the top 6 rounds: Deshone Kizer. The only other ND guy was a 7th round DL. If Brian Kelly was able to reload like Urban Meyer, Kizer would've been the QB in conversation for #1, not Trubisky.

Just the ammo I was looking for from a source I had not thought of...

Very nice... here's a point for your trouble...

If he starts Kessler and Kessler sucks donkey cock like he did in 2016, Hue looks like a fucking idiot

Looks like your boy Paxton can only dream of having Cody's stats, even though Paxton was surround by top talent, while Cody was not..... This is just another in a long and distinguished list of microcosms showing that you are the fucking idiot.

CK_zpsgioaivsx.png

PL_zpsvhua1ac3.png

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Go eat a chili cheese burger.... It's been 90 minutes since your last one and I'm sure you're starving.

While there were a lot of valuable guys available at 52, I feel Kizer represented the most value at the most valuable position.

I like that line.

Kizer...Kosar........(spooky far-out karma destiny maaan)

I think I'm going to root for this kid to be our first 'top tier' NFL QB since Kosar.

While I don't believe Kizer will amount to a hill of Steeler Shit, I don't have an issue with the pick. Just as I would have taken Trubisky for the huge upside, the same holds true for Kizer. Regardless if you like a QB or not, if you take a prime QB of any draft, his upside is greater than any other player position in the draft.

If we are being honest, no matter what, the QB is a fucking time bomb with a short fuse for Hue Jackson. Regardless of who we took, his carreer testicles are in a QB vise.

• If he pushed for Trubisky, he would have been asked, WTF about Kessler, the guy you said you believed in/
  • He took Kizer, that raises the same questions about his judgement.
  • If he starts Kessler and Kesslar sucks donkey cock like he did in 2016, Hue looks like a fucking idiot
  • If he starts Kizer......his assessment of Kessler is again suspect
  • If Kizer comes in and sucks, he nuts are really in a vise.
By having a team without discipline, a weak offensive game plan and the waste of RG3, slice it any way you want, Hue has backed himself up into a dark corner. Wheter the fuck he does at QB, if it looks anything like what he did last year, the dumb cocksucker is gone....Fini-mundo....flushed down the shitter.

With so many variables and unknown, the only way this dumb fuckhead saves his job is with a hail mary miracle

Good points here, and hit on some shit l was starting to think about. Jackson is supposed to be good with QBs, but l'm starting to wonder if he has yet to get a canvass that he feels like he can work with.

I never got the impression he was all in on RG3 who seemed to get outplayed by McCown in practice and preseason last year. Presumably he signed off on getting him though, and maybe even pushed for it, so he had to tab him as the starter. Strike 1?

He gave a ringing endorsement of Kessler when he was drafted, "trust me", and l'm among the camp that thought he played well enough to get a shot to start going into this year. Durability issues? Maybe. Long ball issues? Maybe.

It's not like they traded up or did anything crazy to draft Kizer. I half wonder if when their low second round draft pick came up and he was still on the board, they were like "Shit. I guess we gotta take him to appease the masses."

I guess if he likes him ok, then that's ok, but l would really like to see Hue step out with his ass on the line and say "this is my guy." Sooner rather than later.

And l think ghoolie's right. Whoever he tabs needs to show results or at least improvement, which is probably why they busted their ass to overpay for OL help in the offseason to give him a clearer path to evaluate the QB play. If he tabs the wrong guy and we see no improvement, strike 2, and that would suck because l really really wanna see some continuity with this team.

Looks like your boy Paxton can only dream of having Cody's stats, even though Paxton was surround by top talent, while Cody was not..... This is just another in a long and distinguished list of microcosms showing that you are the fucking idiot.

CK_zpsgioaivsx.png

PL_zpsvhua1ac3.png

Exactly! Lynch joined the surrounding talent of a Superbowl Champion while Kessler joined the bare cupboards of Cleveland. The guy who beat out Lynch (Trevor Siemian) had no starting experience and was a 7th round draft pick out of Northwestern in 2015. Looks like Kessler and Siemian outshined Ghoolie's football messiah.

NFL teams aren't waiting 4 years for QBs to emerge any more like Pittsburgh had to with Bradshaw way back when they sucked. And I think Ghoolie is the only guy on our board that can't tell the difference between a defending Superbowl Champion talent load and surrounding talent on a bad franchise.

Worth noting, Otto Graham joined the Cleveland Browns in 1946 not to be confused with Ghoolie's comment that 1950 was his first year. Graham led Cleveland to Pro Football Title Game appearances in 46,47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Cleveland won 7 of those and the last 3 were NFL Championships (including their 1st year in the NFL when they were warned they wouldn't be able to compete).

Archived