Kamp Kizer

Zombo

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it. Great draft.

What up, Mikey....

What's up Motherfuckers?

lol... congrats, Z... finally a rookie you QB you don't have to manufacture love for...

What's up Motherfuckers?

Zombo

That's almost exactly what I said when Jim Brown announced we picked him. I give the Browns an F- on this one. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate this pick. On my scale if Johnny Boy was a 10, Kizer is a 9.5 on the "I don't want this bum anywhere near the Browns."

Yeah, I'll give him a fair chance because we picked him. If you're happy with the 4th best qb Sashi, should have waited a year for Sam Darnold. Hell if he stinks it up 1\2 as bad as I'm predicting, we may draft Sam anyway.

Well........for the last bunch of years I've said I wanted a big, tall, strong QB with a big arm.

I guess I can't complain.

He's ours now. He is to be supported until proven not worthy of support. And hopefully that non support day is 10 - 15 years away.

He comes to a QB situation that is up for grabs so he DOES have a chance to win the starting job......but he really shouldn't have the job. We need Kessler or the Ostrich to start at least for this year.

Well........for the last bunch of years I've said I wanted a big, tall, strong QB with a big arm.

I guess I can't complain.

He's ours now. He is to be supported until proven not worthy of support. And hopefully that non support day is 10 - 15 years away.

He comes to a QB situation that is up for grabs so he DOES have a chance to win the starting job......but he really shouldn't have the job. We need Kessler or the Ostrich to start at least for this year.

If he plays like he did at Notre Dame, that support won't last very long. To be fair, he's almost as polarizing as Manziel was on draft day.

No. Either that or your memory is piss poor.

More like "fits a narrative"...

With JFF folks were either at +10 or -10... a real opinion barbell. Average was probably on the plus side, but the variance was off the chart.

Kizer? Average may be similar, but the variance is not comparable...

Just my take...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2017/04/20/deshone-kizer-nfl-draft-notre-dame-greatest-qb-tom-brady-cam-newton/100708188/

So is that your main credential boys? That he's not quite as fucked up as Johnny? He does sound like an assholed to me and according to his record, unlike JM, and his play he sucks. And his college coach doesn't love him. So if you are hoping that the coach will mentor him doesnt he seem a little arrogant for that?

Or is all you have the fact that he is large? Who cares that he grew up in ohio if he is not a browns or ohio fan? For those of you who hate the wolverines hes a fan. For those of you who hate notre dame, That hot bed of failed quarterbacks...

WSS

For those of you who hate notre dame, That hot bed of failed quarterbacks...

WSS

Yeah like the true fuck up Joe Montana. :lol: :lol:

With a name like that he shoulda stuck to ranching or maybe fly fishing. :P

That's almost exactly what I said when Jim Brown announced we picked him. I give the Browns an F- on this one. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate this pick. On my scale if Johnny Boy was a 10, Kizer is a 9.5 on the "I don't want this bum anywhere near the Browns."

While he wasn't my favorite QB in the class full of projects, we've frequently done worse. You wanted Cardale Jones back when he was only 3 starts old so outside of Kizer possessing more brain cells on speaking terms - how much different is this project than that one? Just like the team that drafted Cardale, we already had 3 draft picks to our name before we selected Kizer.

FWIW, if we didn't get any of my first 3 faves at QB - I wanted Josh Dobbs later. Having said that, he comes out of a very similar offense at UT (via Butch Jones) that Coach Kelly brought to ND. Dobbs had a ratio of 27 TDs to 12 INTs while Kizer had 26 TDs to 9 INTS in 2016. I think you'll see more guys from the UT offense getting drafted than ND to understand the difference in what they were working with in 2016. We're not drafting the rear view mirror, we're drafting a JR QB that hasn't already played his best football. - Flugel

Yeah, I'll give him a fair chance because we picked him.

Yeah, because you're doing every chance you get. :rolleyes: - Flugel

Yeah like the true fuck up Joe Montana. :lol: :lol:

With a name like that he shoulda stuck to ranching or maybe fly fishing. :P

Okay then I agree. Notre dame turns out top quality quarter bats like hostess turns out Twinkies.

Did I forget about joe montana sucking in college or didn't that happen?

WSS

Okay then I agree. Notre dame turns out top quality quarter bats like hostess turns out Twinkies.

Did I forget about joe montana sucking in college or didn't that happen?

WSS

I know what you're saying in terms of pedestrian passing numbers and 10 TD passes to 9 INTs; but how much did he really suck winning a National Championship by erasing a big halftime deficit against a Texas team ND wasn't supposed to beat? Sometimes a style of college offense can really handcuff/conceal a young QBs true potential. There is no better example than Joe Montana at ND.

The key was to go to the right HC with the right system for his skill set. On top of his ho-hum passing stats at ND, the good ole arm strength concerns kept him from getting drafted until round 3 or 4.

I know what you're saying in terms of pedestrian passign numbers and 10 TD passes to 9 INTs; but how much did he really suck winning a National Championship by erasing a big halftime deficit against a Texas team ND wasn't supposed to beat?

I was of course being facetious. Kizer sucks at least he sucked his last year at notre dame.

WSS

I was of course being facetious. Kizer sucks at least he sucked his last year at notre dame.

WSS

I know you were Steve. Here's Joe Montana's stats and pre-draft arm strength concerns so you can see just how much he dwarfed Kizer at throwing the ball in life before Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice and utopian settings in SF. Pay particular attention to the TD to INT ratio, completion % and anything else his college offense defied him of that SF wouldn't...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-montana-1.html

School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int

1975 Notre Dame Ind QB 7 28 66 42.4 507 7.7 4 8

1977 Notre Dame Ind QB 9 99 189 52.4 1604 8.5 11 8

1978 Notre Dame Ind QB 11 141 260 54.2 2010 7.7 10 9

Career Notre Dame QB 27 268 515 52.0 4121 8.0 25 25

Oh for the love of god.....are we gonna start comparing Kizer to Montana???....really?

I dont think Im gonna be able to tolerate all the "justifying" that is about to happen.....just endured a whole year of it....

Cmon guys.....he's not a comparable to Montana...in any way....cept ND...

Oh for the love of god.....are we gonna start comparing Kizer to Montana???....really?

I dont think Im gonna be able to tolerate all the "justifying" that is about to happen.....just endured a whole year of it....

"Yeah like the true fuck up Joe Montana. :lol: :lol:

With a name like that he shoulda stuck to ranching or maybe fly fishing. :P - Tex"

Well mud that wasn't me. I said Notre Dame has a bad record of quarterbacks in the prose.

If I had to compare him to somebody it Would-be maybe Blake bortles with a shitty attitude and less accurate.

Then again he didn't even suck that badly in college.

So...

WSS

Classic example of how important context of discussion is to understanding a flow of discussion. Try reading my progression of points from the first post to know I'm not calling Kizer the next Joe Montana as much as I'm saying it's very possible both can find much more compatible fits for their passing skills than ND provided them with. I actually compared Kizer's TD to INT ratio to Josh Dobbs for those that actually opted to read what I wrote. I showed Joe's stats simply to remind people you don't draft the rear view mirror - you try to match the perceived strengths of QB with the HC and his offensive system.

Anyway, both guys got drafted with similar concerns - explaining the utmost importance of needing the right HC, system and surrounding talent. Joe Montana waited all the way until round 3 (82nd pick overall).

Does this Joe Montana below look anything like the one SF had throwing the ball?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-montana-1.html

School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int

1975 Notre Dame Ind QB 7 28 66 42.4 507 7.7 4 8

1977 Notre Dame Ind QB 9 99 189 52.4 1604 8.5 11 8

1978 Notre Dame Ind QB 11 141 260 54.2 2010 7.7 10 9

Career Notre Dame QB 27 268 515 52.0 4121 8.0 25 25

Pretty sure you pretzeled the point being made, good buddy... your survival concern is real, but the more you read unintended things into posts you less chance you have.

I see no sign of Kizer = Joe... just an illustrative example of a QB whose pro career exceeded his college-based projection.

But for the record... and as a test of your accepting my "coaching"... DeShone's ND stats far exceeded anything Joe ever posted there.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46101&page=7&do=findComment&comment=703224

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshone-kizer-1.html

EDIT: Memo to self: Sometimes turning the page before replying can be a time-saver...

Comparing players just because they went to the same school either as a knock or a positive has always been a strange concept to me. Kizer is his own person, for better or worse.

The good news is that all the first round QBs cost their team far more than a first round pick. The Browns spent a late second on a guy who has the tools to be a pro passer, after addressing 3 areas of need.

The Browns defense is young as hell, but well on their way. The Browns offense is good enough to win games with a legitimate starter at QB. The Browns can pick a QB every single year until they get one for all I care.

Ok guys....I admit it....I saw Montanas name and saw red.....my bad....

Yeah, I tried to be as careful as I could with the wording because Kizer was about my least favorite QB in the class full of QB projects.

I think I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone else so I thought about the few things Kizer did have in common with Joe in terms of what was important to their change from college to pro.

Yeah, I tried to be as careful as I could with the wording because Kizer was about my least favorite QB in the class full of QB projects.

I think I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone else...

Gotta admit, you're good at that "trying to convince yourself" thing.....I prefer to go with my gut and say it like it is......

If he was your least favorite.....why not just say that?......(here's how I would do it)....""Damn, I hate that pick.! We needed talent and they picked my LEAST FAVORITE player.....bitches!!!""

See how easy?.....Btw....I feel much better now.....

Archived