THE BROWNS BOARD

Kamp Kizer

Zombo

You dare to address me..... a numbers genius, a mathematics major, with.....numbers?

OTTO GRAHAM 1950 FIRST STARTING YEAR

Regardless of how important Playgirl Magazine is in your life, you might want to find a better source to back your football argument. Otto Graham joined the Cleveland Browns in 1946 and led Cleveland to an NFL Title in 1950 (the very first year they joined the NFL)... In fact, Otto Graham won a Pro Football title in his rookie year (1946) as well as his first year in the NFL (1950)...

There continues to be a lot of whine coming out of those sour grapes in Camp Trubisky.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think by the end of camp including preseason we will know how much Kessler has improved as well as whether Kizer needs a lot more time to develop. Whichever one is the most ready will be playing. The beauty is that as this defense comes into its own, there will be less pressure on whichever one is playing to have to score every possession like the past few years.

You nailed it Texas. The defense has me thinking we can be in a lot more games, and that will hopefully allow us to keep with the running game during the second half of more games. Too often we had to pass on virtually every down, and teams pinned their ears back and came after us too often.

Not to mention better establishing a running game early behind a developing OL... Crow? Are you listening?

Go eat a chili cheese burger...

It's been years since I've had a great chili-cheesburger. Last one I had actually had beans in the chili... :o ... something a "Texan" never thinks to ask about.

There use to be a hole-in-the-wall across from the entrance from the last subdivision I lived in in LaPorte, TX... Squibbs. Converted home... some gravel spread in the front-lawn/parking lot... broken screen door... sign was long gone due to a hurricane. Drove by it daily for years before I realized it existed.

Place was open about 12 hours a week...Old-man Squibbs sat on a barstool behind the register chomping on a cigar... three or four "grannies" worked the kitchen. The place died with Mr. Squibbs...

Great homemade chilli on an oversized, openfaced burger served with handcut fries and cold beer. I'm sure they had other things, but I never tried anything else.

Damn... I miss them... so much I'd even sit down for one with Cartman, if required... they were that good.

If only they took him in the supplemental draft....

... surreptitiously...

I like that line.

Kizer...Kosar........(spooky far-out karma destiny maaan)

I think I'm going to root for this kid to be our first 'top tier' NFL QB since Kosar.

You mean you haven't rooted for his 26 predecessors to be the same? I have, kinda.

Either "Oh, Boy!" or "Oh, shit..."

Hue Jackson Says DeShone Kizer Will Draw Ben Roethlisberger Comparisons

Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson believes quarterback DeShone Kizer may soon draw comparisons to one of his new peers in the AFC North.

Appearing on WKNR 850 AM in Cleveland on Thursday, Jackson said he understands why people may be inclined to compare Kizer to Pittsburgh Steelers signal-caller Ben Roethlisberger.

"I don't know that I've coached a guy with this kind of skill set," Jackson said (h/t Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot). "But he's a big powerful man, so I know he's going to get compared to another guy on another team in our division.

"I'm not going to talk about [Roethlisberger] because he's that big and he has that kind of arm. He's very mobile. So again, I don't like to compare players, and I know people will, but he's got to come in and do what he can do and be the best version of him, and that's what we're going to allow him to do."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707948-hue-jackson-says-deshone-kizer-will-draw-ben-roethlisberger-comparisons

Either "Oh, Boy!" or "Oh, shit..."

Hue Jackson Says DeShone Kizer Will Draw Ben Roethlisberger Comparisons

Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson believes quarterback DeShone Kizer may soon draw comparisons to one of his new peers in the AFC North.

Appearing on WKNR 850 AM in Cleveland on Thursday, Jackson said he understands why people may be inclined to compare Kizer to Pittsburgh Steelers signal-caller Ben Roethlisberger.

"I don't know that I've coached a guy with this kind of skill set," Jackson said (h/t Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot). "But he's a big powerful man, so I know he's going to get compared to another guy on another team in our division.

"I'm not going to talk about [Roethlisberger] because he's that big and he has that kind of arm. He's very mobile. So again, I don't like to compare players, and I know people will, but he's got to come in and do what he can do and be the best version of him, and that's what we're going to allow him to do."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707948-hue-jackson-says-deshone-kizer-will-draw-ben-roethlisberger-comparisons

Danger, warning!!! Hue's feeling the Earth moving again. Kizer 6'4, 235. 6'5", 235 = ? Blake Bortles. More than passing similarities. Slow windup, mechanics that need work, poor decisions. Quiet, QB Whisperer at work.

I think by the end of camp including preseason we will know how much Kessler has improved as well as whether Kizer needs a lot more time to develop. Whichever one is the most ready will be playing. The beauty is that as this defense comes into its own, there will be less pressure on whichever one is playing to have to score every possession like the past few years.

If Kessler throws further than 5 yrds downfield is that considered improvement?

Draw a comparison? I wonder if that means he will be accused of raping some chick in a public toilet?

Maybe the comparison will be 'the steelers got rothlisberger and we got this no good piece of s***.'.

Let's hope that it's me eating a big plate of crow A few years from now and admitting this fuckir won more super bowl is than rapistburger.

WSS

Draw a comparison? I wonder if that means he will be accused of raping some chick in a public toilet?

Maybe the comparison will be 'the steelers got rothlisberger and we got this no good piece of s***.'.

Let's hope that it's me eating a big plate of crow A few years from now and admitting this fuckir won more super bowl is than rapistburger.

WSS

Haven't been following along much ... But is there a valid reason why you don't like this guy?

Seems like a good kid, smart kid, desires to be the best ... Other than Notre Dame sucking on the whole, not sure what the knock would be on him at this point from a Browns fan?

Z

Haven't been following along much ... But is there a valid reason why you don't like this guy?

Seems like a good kid, smart kid, desires to be the best ... Other than Notre Dame sucking on the whole, not sure what the knock would be on him at this point from a Browns fan?

Z

Yup Z,what you just posted is true. Some of the guys who watched him extensively in 2015 (I didn't) are a lot higher on him than I am. Football smarts in spades, but will that translate to on field performance? He made a lot of really dumb decisions last year. That ND sucked last year isn't all on Kizer, but part of it is. The times I watched Deshone last year left me unimpressed, to say the least.

I'll stand by what I posted earlier in this thread, and I'd like nothing more than to be dead wrong. The difference between Garrett and Kizer is Myles is confident- Deshone's confidence (at least in his initial interviews- he did some backtracking damage control) borders on arrogance.

So to reiterate, just because Kizer has "ideal size" doesn't mean diddly- doo. "Danger, warning!!! Hue's feeling the Earth moving again. Kizer 6'4, 235. 6'5", 235 = ? Blake Bortles. More than passing similarities. Slow windup, mechanics that need work, poor decisions. Quiet, QB Whisperer at work." Plus, I hold the opinion by the time you get to the major college level, you're either accurate, or your not. Kizer's overall accuracy let's say is lacking at this point. He might have a rifle arm, but then again, so did the flash in the pan Duante Culpepper. Ha, come to think of it so did Brandon Wee-done.

Yup Z,what you just posted is true. Some of the guys who watched him extensively in 2015 (I didn't) are a lot higher on him than I am. Football smarts in spades, but will that translate to on field performance? He made a lot of really dumb decisions last year. That ND sucked last year isn't all on Kizer, but part of it is. The times I watched Deshone last year left me unimpressed, to say the least.

I'll stand by what I posted earlier in this thread, and I'd like nothing more than to be dead wrong. The difference between Garrett and Kizer is Myles is confident- Deshone's confidence (at least in his initial interviews- he did some backtracking damage control) borders on arrogance.

So to reiterate, just because Kizer has "ideal size" doesn't mean diddly- doo. "Danger, warning!!! Hue's feeling the Earth moving again. Kizer 6'4, 235. 6'5", 235 = ? Blake Bortles. More than passing similarities. Slow windup, mechanics that need work, poor decisions. Quiet, QB Whisperer at work." Plus, I hold the opinion by the time you get to the major college level, you're either accurate, or your not. Kizer's overall accuracy let's say is lacking at this point. He might have a rifle arm, but then again, so did the flash in the pan Duante Culpepper. Ha, come to think of it so did Brandon Wee-done.

1. You don't want an confident QB bordering on "arrogance". Gonna disagree on that.

2 "Ideal size" doesn't mean diddly-doo. Gonna disagree on that.

3. Not accurate. 60.7% in college ... OK. Guys never improve accuracy after major college level ... Gonna disagree on that.

4. Rifle arm doesn't matter because Brandon Weeden sucks and Duante Culpepper didn't last. So should should I rattle off ten top QBs with rocket arms, or should we just be mad that he has one?

Zombo

I don't think Culpepper was a flash in the pan. He played 11 years. Made the Pro Bowl 3 times. Had over 24,000 passing yards, 149 career TDs. All of which....by the way, are better than Bernie Kosar's career stats. He started 100 games in his career, about the same as Kosar. Just telling the truth.

No flash in the pan. Not HOF...but pretty good....far, far better than anything the Browns have had since 1999.

4. Rifle arm doesn't matter because Brandon Weeden sucks and Duante Culpepper didn't last. So should should I rattle off ten top QBs with rocket arms, or should we just be mad that he has one?

See above about not "lasting". 11 years for Culpepper. Cutler just gave it up after 11 years. Aikman only played 10 years. Otto Graham only actually played 10 years. I would say that 11 years is actually way above average on the length of a QBs career.

The fact (to me) is that the word "dumb" isn't even the strongest word I'd use for his bad play. A good chunk of film on this dude is downright unwatchable it's that bad.

But the fact of the matter is he's a Browns player and at least we didn't reach hard for the guy. We can easily draft another prospect high next year if need be.

You have to watch 2015 film... nearly an 8-point drop in completion % from 2015 to 2016.

Not sure about the dumb tho... TD/INT ration improved from 2015 to 2016. That seems kinda "smart"...

Z

I was just making a joke about comparing the fucker to ben rothlisberger.

But no hes not the quarterback I wanted. I don't think there really was a blue-chip prospect in this draft but Even if there was this guy's down the line.

He doesn't sound particularly stupid when he speaks and that's good. Don't really mind that hes arrogant. I just have a hard time burning a second round pick on somebody with no better record. And after spending the number two pick I think we will be stuck with him for a while and quite possibly pass on a real blue chip in eighteen. And it doesn't look like kesler is getting more than a season behind the swiss cheese line.

Who knows maybe coach jackson can turn him into the next superstar like he did with, well, nobody. :)

But hey, he is big

WSS

Who knows maybe coach jackson or turn him into of the next superstar like he did with, well, nobody. :)

WSS

For the life of me, I don't know why Hue was touted as some QB guru.

1. You don't want an confident QB bordering on "arrogance". Gonna disagree on that.

3. Not accurate. 60.7% in college ... OK. Guys never improve accuracy after major college level ... Gonna disagree on that.

Zombo

http://i.imgur.com/FyCk9us.jpg

Zombo

1) OK, just me- do you like everyone you've ever met? (except when you're showing them properties?) I'm not enamored of his personality- and there was a report plenty of his ND teammates felt the same way.

2) What I meant is- though "ideal size" is a plus, just being 6'4, 230 doesn't mean you're going to be a great NFL qb. Bortles is almost exactly the same size, so is Wee-done.

3) As Tour mentioned, his completion % went down in 2016. If you want to say that's because his WRs had stone hands, it could be a legit argument.

4) Of course, strong arm is a plus- it had better be accurate though, and know when to take some pace off the fastball- (Derek Anderson).

For sure, he's not going to get any love from the majority of the Cleveland fanbase unless and until he earns it by winning.

Casey Stengel said, "It ain't braggin if ya done it". The kid is young and cocky. That isn't a killer for me. However, he doesn't have anything to be cocky about. He sucked in college. He sucked really bad.

The only thing that matters about this turd is that he is Tim Couch releasing the ball.. When he is shaking and baking and has time and wide open guys, he is okay. But he hangs on to the fucking ball too long. That's why he makes so many mistakes. His Retard brain (I actually wrote that) is going to get him into nothing but trouble. When his passing fails him, as it surely will, he will turn into Black Tarkenton and try to run around and buy himself time. He is not the guy who can hit a reciever before anyone knows he is going to be open.

SLOW WITTED...................SLOW RELEASING QB. Had the Browns not taken him, he would have fallen to the 4th round. This guy will go the way of Manziel.

So the guy who scored better than your QB on the wonderlic is slow witted? Sheesh, might as well send trubs to the glue factory now.

Not "idiot"... stupid. There's a difference.

Meanwhile gif is on twitter of him working out. Drop is "OK", but ball security and release impress. Vastly better than his 2016 tape.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/861658292816424960?s=09

Meanwhile gif is on twitter of him working out. Drop is "OK", but ball security and release impress. Vastly better than his 2016 tape.

All I could see was a ball saying, "Quack, quack.... quac qua....". Seemed to be wounded or something. :P

Hue just felt an earthquake when he saw that. Remember trick shot Tanney?

Archived