THE BROWNS BOARD

Greatest Sequels of all time

Movie sequels. Usually they're bad. Sometimes they're really bad. Sometimes they're really good. Very rarely they may even surpass the originals. What in your opinion are the best sequels of all time?

I thought both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were better than A New Hope.

Also, Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan, Mad Max 2, lOTR: The Two Towers.

Empire was much better than A new hope. Jedi descended into silliness though, in my opinion. If I had to rank the three I'd go Empire, A new Hope, Jedi

Wrath of Khan was ok. I was never in love with the old star trek movies. That's one area I think Abrams really surpassed the originals. Maybe not so much with Star Wars. Mad Max I'm not really into. I'll take your word for it. I remember vaguely seeing thunderdome when I was a kid and never watched it again. I recently watched Fury road or whatever and that didn't work for me either.

My personal picks would be:

Evil Dead 2

Aliens

The Dark Knight

Evil Dead 2 and the Dark Knight clearly surpassed their predecessors while Aliens was very close, but I still think Alien was better. Prometheus was also pretty good, in the alien canon.

I honestly like Return of the Jedi more than A New Hope, and maybe more than Empire. I also think the new Rogue One movie comes in third place behind those and ahead of A New Hope and every one of the prequel abominations.

Also, I thought Prometheus was terrible. I agree on Fury Road, though, the whole thing with the guy with the electric guitar strapped to the car was over the top dumb, imo.

As for Star Trek, I think Abrams did a good job modernizing the franchise, but for when the originals came out, they were mostly just as good imo.

That's your take away from that movie? Seriously? I've seen people die in much more absurd situations in real life

No, no.. Don't get me for one wrong... I thought the premise behind Prometheus was good.. Awesome in fact.. Just very poorly executed.... Almost as bad as "John Carter of Mars" .. Incredible books.. Terrible effin movie..

Every episode of The Little Rascals!!! OH YEAH! LOL

The hell with all this "critically acclaimed" shit.

Mike

I agree 100%. My choice of one of the greatest sequels, is President Reagan's second

term. Second place is the second Indiana Jones movie. Love all of em.

I agree 100%. My choice of one of the greatest sequels, is President Reagan's second

term. Second place is the second Indiana Jones movie. Love all of em.

Reagan's second term was a great sequel right up there with Caddyshack II.

And you are crazy about the Temple of Doom. It was bad. Now, the third Indiana Jones..that was a far superior sequel than #2.

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as Raiders of the lost ark or The last crusade. It was light years better than Kingdom of the Crystal skull

No. Far preferred the Crystal Skull.

Temple of Doom had Kate Capshaw who was just awful. Crystal Skull had Karen Allen and Cate Blanchett who were bot so much better than the people in Doom.

Archived