THE BROWNS BOARD

NEW WIDE RECIEVER

Nails

Guest mz.
I would say Edwards, Robiskie, MoMass, Furrey, and Patten are the locks

Absolutely.

The "number 1," the "rookies," and the "possession guys/vets." Nice mix, too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, can we chalk this up to a move able to be made because of our day 1 draft day moves?

Official Release: http://admin.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9560

I didn't read this entire thread, but I didn't know this:

- Born May 12, 1977 in Grove City, Ohio, Furrey attended Hilliard (Ohio) High School

Quinn to Furrey and Robiskie? Pretty cool.

Guest Aloysius
I would say Edwards, Robiskie, MoMass, Furrey, and Patten are the locks, actually. Cribbs is the sixth receiver... who really isn't. That's buh-bye for everybody else.

You're probably right, though a guy with durability issues like Patten's could Kevin Kasper himself out of a roster spot.

Steptoe's not practice squad-eligible, so he's probably gone. Hubbard's eligible, but he'll need to show something during training camp to earn that spot...and if he shows something, another team could scoop him up after final cuts.

Yeah, after going after solid gluefingers like Furrey, Robiskie, and Patten ... one thing is certain ... Mangini watched last year's tapes.

Zombo

--worst performace from a group of receivers I have ever seen.

The most disgusting part of the Browns regime since basically Michael Jackson, Patrick Rowe and Rico Smith is the fact we have had Wr's that suck complete and total ass.

Guys that can catch tend to be pretty cool. KJ had Cris Carter hands but fell down after the catch quicker than Ozzie.

I think we are assembling a real WR corps. here. Hanging onto Edwards is huge, I expect him (under Mancock) to not fook around one bit this year. These guys have a certain charm about them that says "play football mofos and shut the FU."

I love what these guys are doing.

Cant help but to feel good about the posession type WRs mankok is bringing in to compete and keeping edwards is huge imo as well..as mangini reveals more about what he is doing and seeing active motivated coaching all over the camp makes me think this years browns may be what we thought they should have been last year...

Im getting pretty pumped up! ;)

Yeah I got a buddy in Uniontown PA, that absolutely hates the steelers just because of their fans. He's not a Browns fan, he's actually a Chargers fan, but absolutely abhors having a football discussion with those inbred hicks because they are so amazingly ignorant of anything outside of Pittsburgh.

I know I've mentioned him before, but I'm not sure if I shared this story yet. On Superbowl sunday he went down the steeler bar to have some fun, before the game he went around asking people who won last years super bowl, out of about 50 or so people he asked only 3 knew the answer. These inbred hicks just don't get it, if it doesn't have to deal with the stoolers they could care less about it, they could also care less about how the game is played, or defensive schemes, or different coaching changes, or the draft. Basically their minds are only tuned to football for 3 hours every sunday, and then it's only to watch the steelers, most cannot even explain to you in football terms how the steelers won the game, they can only look at the score board, and after consulting a calculator tell you that the steelers have more points than their opponents.

It's an ironic twist of fate, that God gave the undisputed dumbest fanbase in America the most consistent team in the past 10 years. These are the same fans though that after a few losing seasons will go back to following Dale Earnhart Jr and the NASCAR on sundays.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, and there are informative steeler fans out there, but the vast majority are dumbshit asshats.

Pure comedy. I'm SURE your supposed friend walked around the bar polling the masses for his own personal enjoyment. "Hello kind sir, but may I ask who won lasts years Super Bowl?" Give me a break. The exception to the rule exists in a much larger number but if you're information base is a CHARGERS fan on the east coast who likely follows the team because of their baby blue home jerseys I guess I should just shut up and listen. *kisses* :P

I could give a shit less if you believe me. Listen, this guy vents to me non stop during football season about the ignorant antics of your brethren. We actually talked about him doing that during the week leading up to the game. If the steelers aren't playing you guys don't give a shit, even if a game has relevance to the NFL. There are a plethora of great games every year that don't involved either the Browns or the Steelers, the difference is Browns fans recognize those games, while stooler knuckle draggers remain oblivious....

A sample size of how many people? lol 30? Your accused group are also in the minority. I pay almost 300 dollars a year so I can have NFL ticket and watch all the games. I also play in the same 2 Fantasy Football leagues each year and know countless people that do the same. All of whom are diehard Steeler fans. I watch the plethora of great games and know my football and once again the same can be said for a countless number of my friends and people that I've met over the years. I also don't care if you don't believe me. All of this is what's best about a rivalry the Retarded bickering back and forth that often leads to no where. Want me to drive up your way and we can suit up in our gear and punch each other in the face? :)

Dude I would love to suit up one more time and take on a steeler fan.

I just got wood thinking about it....

LETS DO IT BABY! I'll toss on my Heath Miller authentic and pair of shorts and we'll beat each other until we can't move!

A sample size of how many people? lol 30? Your accused group are also in the minority. I pay almost 300 dollars a year so I can have NFL ticket and watch all the games. I also play in the same 2 Fantasy Football leagues each year and know countless people that do the same. All of whom are diehard Steeler fans. I watch the plethora of great games and know my football and once again the same can be said for a countless number of my friends and people that I've met over the years. I also don't care if you don't believe me. All of this is what's best about a rivalry the Retarded bickering back and forth that often leads to no where. Want me to drive up your way and we can suit up in our gear and punch each other in the face? :)

There will always be a certain faction of intelligent fandom in whatever fan base you refer to, but there will never be the percentage of Pure D dumbassage that your fans exhibit on a daily basis.

There will always be a certain faction of intelligent fandom in whatever fan base you refer to, but there will never be the percentage of Pure D dumbassage that your fans exhibit on a daily basis.

Says the guy from Akron. I'm just saying you may run in to the Retarded Steeler fans in the Akron/Kent area but those fans don't exist in a large percentage in the city of Pittsburgh. It's kind of stupid to base an opinion off a fan base outside of it's teams state no?

Good to see that receiver depth won't be a problem again this year.

I wonder if Patten and Furrey are fighting for the same roster spot. Patten's got better speed, but he's also older and less durable.

You could be right and Furry could have a leg up because he can play safety and return kicks and punts. Amazing that Mangini loves guys who can play multiple positions. I'm wondering what it does to Cribbs as a WR or is he going to be strickly a slash and moved to defense.

Also makes me wonder about Edwards. Nothing in the wind but then again Winslow's trade caught everybody by surprise. There's a good mix of vets and rookies at WR without Edwards.

Furrey, Patton, Drew Bennett, Ellis and Cribbs. with Steptoe, Hubbard and our rookies , plus Norwood. Something like 12 receivers on the roster. there's a few that are easy cuts but I can't see keeping more then 5 + Cribbs or 6 and moving Cribbs to DB/RB.

Going to be a very interesting camp.

Furrey, Patton, Drew Bennett, Ellis and Cribbs. with Steptoe, Hubbard and our rookies , plus Norwood. Something like 12 receivers on the roster. there's a few that are easy cuts but I can't see keeping more then 5 + Cribbs or 6 and moving Cribbs to DB/RB.

Is Bennett a done deal?

KJ had Cris Carter hands but fell down after the catch quicker than Ozzie.

lol.

you've had some gems lately Russ. :)

let's see if laps can improve Braylon's concentration some. hit 'em where it hurts, Mangini!!

I hope Norwood finds a spot, although I'm not sure he's quite built enough yet for special teams which he'd might have to be to make it.

With his TREMENDOUS HANDS...he would make a terrific returner (if he's not a chicken shit, that is).

Interestingly ... with all the moaning about how horrible DA and (for a certain few) BQ were ... it looks like once Mangini and Koki had a good look at our season they agreed with us all who said all along that quarterback was not this team's problem.

They kept the same QBs (They could have gone in virtually any direction with that #5 pick), yet have tremendously upgraded the offensive lines and receiver corps. It was obvious to me, that that was where the major problems were last year ... not with Anderson or Quinn ... but some chose to hang the entire season on DA.

He has inconsistencies, and Quinn may indeed be the better guy for this franchise in the long run ... but with other teams controlling the interior and absolutely horrible play from the receivers ... they had no chance.

I am Really happy with this off-season. Quinn will get his shot, it's up to him now. I never thought we'd be able to fill this many holes in one off-season. We have completely revamped the WR and TE positions, brought in a ton of beef for the right side of the line, drafted a mauler at Center, doubled the depth at DL, a vet and a talented rook will upgrade LB, a big run-stuffing, blitzing safety ... and held on to both of those QBs until we know exactly what we have with them. QBs are gold in the NFL. Last years conditions created a situation that was not a fair way to judge the QBs that played for us last year ... none of them.

Zombo

--And Mangini is the first Browns coach I have liked from the get-go since the rebirth. It's been a long, dry, haul ... but we have a real football coach now ... finally.

Is Bennett a done deal?

I take it this didn't happen. He came and went with no news at all. Can't believe they'd sign yet another WR after just signing Furrey.

I can't find any news on Bennett either. As far as other visits.

I take it this didn't happen. He came and went with no news at all. Can't believe they'd sign yet another WR after just signing Furrey.

I can't find any news on Bennett either. As far as other visits.

You are right, he came in and worked out, took a physical, but it never got done. Tells me that his health is too big a question mark because after he worked out they brought in Furrey.

I would say Edwards, Robiskie, MoMass, Furrey, and Patten are the locks, actually. Cribbs is the sixth receiver... who really isn't. That's buh-bye for everybody else.

MAJOR props to Nails.

I really liked Steptoe in his upcomming 3rd season...If anythi8ng can he hang on as a special teams guy...gonna be an interesting camp...cant wait!

I really liked Steptoe in his upcomming 3rd season...If anythi8ng can he hang on as a special teams guy...gonna be an interesting camp...cant wait!

I believe Mangini is the type of coach that would tell guys, like Patton, that you have to win a job. If Steptoe outplays him in camp, then I believe he would remain on the team. I feel the same about Hank Poteat. I don't think they were guaranteed anything.

Archived