THE BROWNS BOARD

NEW WIDE RECIEVER

Nails

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not already lumped in to that category? If I'm not I apologize for not addressing people specifically. I could certainly drum up a list. Hell one of them is in this thread Mr. T and his glorious wonder.

Don't pick on Mr. T, at least he doesn't floss his teeth with his own pubes.

For what it is worth - my buddy said that Mike is in Cleveland now and that an announcement should come today or tomorrow.

Number 88 right now - but wants to see what numbers become available after cuts

Nails, if this comes true, you get HUGE street cred here.

Thanks Shep - I usually don't know anything....so it feels good right now....

I am excited to see the anouncement -

My buddy and his wife are the directors of the Mike Furrey Foundation -

http://www.mikefurrey.net/

They are going to have to change the pictures on the home page of that site......

So you're dead certain of this? Has Furrey already visited? How could he be so sure he's signing a deal?

My buddy Joel JUST sent me an e-mail with all of this information.

If it's not true - I'm gonna feel like a dope.....but my buddy Joel swears by it....

One thing I loved about the footage is how it seems he goes about looking yor YAC. I love that while he's always looking to get around a guy, or run wide of someone, he makes the decision very quickly when it's obvious that's not possible and then does his best to get his shoulders forward and get those last few yards before he is tackled.

And some would call what is actually happening there tackling yourself due to lack of relative athleticism.

He has great hands, but he's never gonna run away from anybody, and he's never gonna make anybody miss....so yeah, just catch it, try to make a juke, and dive forward.

Makes for a good possession receiver though. Hopefully we sign him.

Not in the clips I saw, again, What frustrates me more than anything else is watching the WRs who juke and jump and turn and run sideline to sideline thinking they are the next incarnation of Barry Sanders, only to get tackled 2 yards behind where they caught the ball in the first place.

I agree. The thing is...many of those guys actually have a chance of breaking a big play. Furrey doesn't.

He IS NOT a YAC receiver. Sure he may increase his average reception yardage, but by how much? A couple percent...if that?

Bottom line is the guy's never going to outrun anyone in this league and he's not going to make anyone miss. He probably recognizes that and it's probably why he's so quick to dive for the extra yard.

Again....good possession receiver, but I wouldn't talk the guy up because of his YAC....it's laughable.

ive been to more than 20 countries and have lived in 6 states. only 2 that were through the military. my job and my business make me more money than you will ever see. think before opening your trap. pittspuker.

oh yeah, well, i've been to 4002 countries.....and....and.....and....lived in 15 states........and....and....and im rich bitch...richer than you!

nothing like opening your mouth and removing all doubt. great job internet tough guy! i dont let my hatred of the steelers delude my reality to the point where everything pittsburgh sucks. lemme, guess, you drive a porche with all that money you have.....and we all know what porches are compensating for....now dont we.....

funny thing about highbrow insults......those they are aimed at never understand them alone.

Crap....can Mods remove a "thanks" once it is given? and no not The one I just gave Timugen, In trying to give him one, I accidently clicked on a poster on a different page....one I would NEVER give a thanks too...oh well...

gee thanks...

Crap....can Mods remove a "thanks" once it is given? and no not The one I just gave Timugen, In trying to give him one, I accidently clicked on a poster on a different page....one I would NEVER give a thanks too...oh well...

Awww is it really that bad? lol

If you ask me Furrey is possibly just camp depth just like McDonald is for us. He's definitely flashed some value, especially in the slot if I remember. Edwards, Patten and Robiskie will be your starters if you ask me. The great thing about Robiskie is he's such a student of the game and so polished he should be able to contribute immediately. I honestly wouldn't have minded had the Steelers drafted him in round 1.

Furrey will push the rooks.

oh yeah, well, i've been to 4002 countries.....and....and.....and....lived in 15 states........and....and....and im rich bitch...richer than you!

nothing like opening your mouth and removing all doubt. great job internet tough guy! i dont let my hatred of the steelers delude my reality to the point where everything pittsburgh sucks. lemme, guess, you drive a porche with all that money you have.....and we all know what porches are compensating for....now dont we.....

funny thing about highbrow insults......those they are aimed at never understand them alone.

I believe you started the whole argument. Maybe you aren't getting enough sunlight because those houses no one else can qualify for are blocking it from you.

Guest AdaM
I believe you started the whole argument. Maybe you aren't getting enough sunlight because those houses no one else can qualify for are blocking it from you.

Yer right Pumpkin, I just applied for one... Got turned down because I don't qualify for Section 8. :(

To be perfectly honest, it doesnt have much to do with football at all. Ive met a lot of people from Pittsburgh. It is a shitty town with shitty suburbs. At least Cleveland has nice areas and development. Pittsburgh is the new armpit of America, right next to Jersey.

Maybe that contributes to the absence of any kind of intelligent thought by your fan base. If you grew up in Pittsburgh, chances are you're borderline Retarded.

And re-emphasized so it sinks in... Just because your team has won more RECENTLY does not mean you are smarter or more knowledgeable about football. Especially because that is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. There are maybe 2 Steeler fans on here I've actually nodded and agreed with... maybe 5 ever that ive ever talked to.

Face it, your city is terrible. Take your howlier than thou attitude and head back to meth/crack USA and worship your super bowl trophy. It's all you have after all.

i live in the Burgh. just a couple corrections for you mike: it's not meth/crack usa, but dope ("hare-on") is on the up and bud has always been a huge staple here.

their city is beautiful, got to give them their due, but the women are husky. and i mean ALL OF EM!! thank the heaven's i imported mine in.

i've worked with countless co-workers over the years, nearly all of them steel fans, and I knew as much about football and their team as they did, and on the average usually more. take that however you want.

on a 10 minute drive to Robinson Mall today i counted no less than 5 vehicles with the Steel's proprietary mudflaps, and all of them looked brand spankin' new. it kinda made me sick. do you know how hard it is to keep mudflaps looking that virgin? they all had to be straight out of the package. it had me wondering how many of those same folks would be sportin' Brownie flaps, if the shoe were on another foot.

i live in the Burgh. just a couple corrections for you mike: it's not meth/crack usa, but dope ("hare-on") is on the up and bud has always been a huge staple here.

their city is beautiful, got to give them their due, but the women are husky. and i mean ALL OF EM!! thank the heaven's i imported mine in.

i've worked with countless co-workers over the years, nearly all of them steel fans, and I knew as much about football and their team as they did, and on the average usually more. take that however you want.

on a 10 minute drive to Robinson Mall today i counted no less than 5 vehicles with the Steel's proprietary mudflaps, and all of them looked brand spankin' new. it kinda made me sick. do you know how hard it is to keep mudflaps looking that virgin? they all had to be straight out of the package. it make me wonder how many of those same folks would be sportin Brownie flaps, given our current record and standing.

I was home over Easter and didn't get a chance to make it downtown. However a friend told me they have a huge transformer downtown made out of bridge parts. You should check it out if you haven't already. I just checked it out on google. Where do you live?

Number 88 right now - but wants to see what numbers become available after cuts

that's a good one that hasn't been shown any love in the new era. i hope he keeps it, bout time someone dusted off Langy's gear.

Snatch, check your pm.

Guest Aloysius
Really, the big elements for most non-amazing WRs is health, opportunity, looks, and the quarterback.

Can Mike Furrey be a 98 catch, 1,000 yard receiver? Sure. He's done it. Does that mean he'll be that for the Browns?

Sure. If he's healthy, he plays, and we throw at him accurately.

Not sure that the stats Furrey put up three years ago under his patron, Mike Martz, are an accurate reflection of what we'd get out of a him. If teams thought the guy was capable of matching those stats, he wouldn't still be on the FA market.

In '06, Furrey was targeted 146 times, more than Braylon was thrown to last year. No way we're going to give him that many targets, especially when we've got an offense that actually runs the ball and some young receivers who should be on the field. After all, the Lions went 3-13 during Furrey's great season, which led to Martz & the Lions drafting an elite receiving prospect who'd push Furrey to the slot.

Wouldn't mind seeing Furrey in a Browns uniform, but I don't think we'd be bringing him in to start. More of an insurance policy in case our rookie receivers aren't capable of contributing this year.

Guest Aloysius
Browns Sign Free Agent WR

by Site Staff of theOBR.com, May 5, 2009 at 6:30pm ET

The Cleveland Browns today signed free agent wide receiver Mike Furrey, the team announced. Furrey is a veteran of six NFL seasons, including the last three with Detroit.

The guy was right! Wow, heard it here on the Browns Board first, the only place where you can get around Mangini's media blockade!

Great signing, the guy just has hands, great hands! HANDS!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDSSS!

Our Newest Cleveland Brown

610x.jpg

I am friends with the brother in law of a certain wide reciever and he just confirmed that he will sign with the Browns...

1 year deal....

That reciever......MIKE FURREY

Street Cred for Nails.

Nice job.

And good receiver.

Zombo

Great signing, the guy just has hands, great hands! HANDS!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDSSS!

Yeah, after going after solid gluefingers like Furrey, Robiskie, and Patten ... one thing is certain ... Mangini watched last year's tapes.

Zombo

--worst performace from a group of receivers I have ever seen.

I've noticed a disturbing trend with our new staff.

They seem to be going after guys that can *gasp* catch the ball!

Imagine that!

A WR that can catch the ball!

How we've only had 2, count 'em, 2 of those since we've came back and NOW we've brought 4 guys to camp, in 1 season KNOWN for catching the ball!

Dear God I'm loving the coaching change already!

I wonder how much time Edwards has on the clock here...

Guest Aloysius

Good to see that receiver depth won't be a problem again this year.

I wonder if Patten and Furrey are fighting for the same roster spot. Patten's got better speed, but he's also older and less durable.

WoW, We go from having a really bad WR core one week to having nothing short of a superb Wr core. Mike Furrey is such a great pickup i cant cant believe we got him. He is going to be BQ's Wes Welker. On anther note, looks like we might be seeing BE out the door soon. Im going to miss his crazy TD grabs, but not his drops.

Guest mz.
On anther note, looks like we might be seeing BE out the door soon.

I don't believe any of these roster moves have anything to do with Edwards. And that Thomas Jones-for-Edwards trade rumor is garbage. No way we trade Edwards for an over-30 RB...

Archived