THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Super Bowl LI (51) NFL Championship Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Super Bowl LI (51) NFL Championship Game With New England Vs. Atlanta In Houston, Texas  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL Team Will Win Both Super Bowl LI, And The Vince Lombardi Trophy From Houston, Texas?

• Atlanta Falcons (NFC - 11-5)
    • New England Patriots (AFC - 14-2)

Or it's rigged all for money and ratings. Just saying, I saw a completely different game the first half, complete domination from the Falcons. Idk why ATL stopped running the ball. Sometimes this stuff just is too good to be true, especially a super bowl (the biggest sports event In The world) that was 21-3 at half. Idk maybe I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I've watched the NFL a long time and sometimes it just seems wonky and fake. The falcons showed no emotion or fight the second half. It was pretty noticeable. Idk. Maybe I'm just an insane browns fan that's devolved from sanity cuz of so much awful football I've watched.

why the fuck would they rig it for the most hated team in football?

The NFL is one entity. It is not 32 teams. I understand that these claims are always turned away as crazy and worthless conspiracy bullshit but the truth is like poetry and most people FUCKING hate poetry. The truth is 90% of the time never what people want to hear lol. This is just a fact of life.

Not saying I'm right or wrong, but sometimes it's good to think differently about things once in a while from a more grand perspective than what our already pre shaped and packaged reality forms it to look like to the average consumer. I'll take my tin foil hat off, I'm pretty drunk. But this stuff is interesting to think about. It is in the end, a business running the most viewed and consistently profitable television spectacle in the world

Great game by Brady and the Pat's. But WTF Atlanta - 28-3 with a quarter and a half to go and the highest scoring offense in the NFL can't close it out? This may be the greatest Super Bowl comeback in history, but it's also the biggest choke in Super Bowl history.

Amen. Somehow chokers just find a way to not disappoint us. But all media is talking about how the two most notorious recent day cheaters who blatantly lie about cheating are now also the GOAT.

Amazing isn't it how those 4 punishment games off for Brady so he could play with his wife and rest up might have given him the extra gas in his tank to make it through the whole long SB season.

Ever think about that?

Amen. Somehow chokers just find a way to not disappoint us. But all media is talking about how the two most notorious recent day cheaters who blatantly lie about cheating are now also the GOAT.

Amazing isn't it how those 4 punishment games off for Brady so he could play with his wife and rest up might have given him the extra gas in his tank to make it through the whole long SB season.

Ever think about that?

The critical mistakes for the Falcons was made by Shannahan. After Julio Jones miracle sideline catch, they were at the 20 yard line. Then they got greedy and didn't play strategically.

At that point all they needed was the field goal to win the game. The Patriots knew this and brought the pass rush. The smart play-call would've been a middle screen or an outside run. But they tried to pass, and then tried to pass again. Results were a sack and a holding penalty.

why the fuck would they rig it for the most hated team in football?

It's extremely difficult to even think of rigging a low level basketball game with 5 players on the court per side, 2 or 3 referees and maybe a couple cameras max.

To rig a football game, 22 players always playing, way more officials and a zillion cameras broadcast all over the world and YOU can see everything in HD?

What's the definition of impossible or maybe just a bad idea to even think about.

Amazing isn't it how those 4 punishment games off for Brady so he could play with his wife and rest up might have given him the extra gas in his tank to make it through the whole long SB season. Ever think about that?

Nice observation...

Perhaps the the fountain of youth takes the form of tanning your bare ass in Spain next to your supermodel wife? I really need to test that theory.

The critical mistakes for the Falcons was made by Shannahan. After Julio Jones miracle sideline catch, they were at the 20 yard line. Then they got greedy and didn't play strategically.

At that point all they needed was the field goal to win the game. The Patriots knew this and brought the pass rush. The smart play-call would've been a middle screen or an outside run. But they tried to pass, and then tried to pass again. Results were a sack and a holding penalty.

And I was yelling at the screen, "God I hate stupid football. You idiots are gonna pay for not playing to the score. FG wins the f'n game dammit!"

And I was yelling at the screen, "God I hate stupid football. You idiots are gonna pay for not playing to the score. FG wins the f'n game dammit!"

You would think the hottest OC in football would've realized this. He's young and this is where he paid for it.

The thing is, I'm fine with them playing their offense TO A POINT in that scenario (i.e. not running the ball necessarily). The inexcusable error is that on the 2nd and 3rd down plays Ryan took a DESIGNED 7 step drop to set up the play. I will never say a team lost a game as opposed to the other team winning it, but that decision making is about as close as it gets. I was in absolute disbelief at how bad a decision process that was.

Far from being a great game.

I've been watching everyone you can imagine come on TV including superagents saying it was the best thing since football was invented. .....and I'm watching CNBC you know stocks and stuff.

I'm sure it will die down....eventually.

The thing is, I'm fine with them playing their offense TO A POINT in that scenario (i.e. not running the ball necessarily). The inexcusable error is that on the 2nd and 3rd down plays Ryan took a DESIGNED 7 step drop to set up the play. I will never say a team lost a game as opposed to the other team winning it, but that decision making is about as close as it gets. I was in absolute disbelief at how bad a decision process that was.

Yep-Shanny with THE BIG FAIL. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Archived