THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump & Foreign Relations

Osiris

Now I know a lot of the rah-rah 'Murica types here don't care about foreign relations, but this ought to concern those who do care:

The AP reports on President Trump's recent phone call with Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto:
"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt given to AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."
Oh please. We're supposed to believe that Trump threatened to invade Mexico? We all know that Trump is a bit of a hothead, but even he wouldn't lose his shit like this with the leader of a close ally during a—
Wait. What's this about Trump's call on Saturday with the Australian prime minister?
President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/02/donald-trump-hangs-australia-threatens-invade-mexico

That has to be fake. No way he's hanging up on people. IF that's true, you wanna talk about losing standing in the world omg. He's really not cut out for the job if that's true. But look this is the era of fake ass bullshit so take this with a grain of salt until one of these leaders confirms he got hung up on. If it's true than the impeachement clock is already pushing 11.

Even IF the story is true (which is doubtful) I don't think a hang up call is going to get any president impeached.

You have to look at the bigger picture. If people stop wanting to business with the U.S "even just a little", companies here are gonna start getting pissed at him. Obviously one or two hangups isn't going to get that ball rolling. But if that dismissive/abrasive tact keeps up, you better beleive the money in this country is gonna want him out. Even republicans will jump on that if business's in their states got passed over on deals cause Trump was an asshole to some foreign leader. But again, I don't believe this. There's a possiblity something happened and Trump had to abruptly end the conversation but there's no way he hung up on the guy because he was irritated. EVen Trump has to know this isn't NY and you're not talking to some contractors.

Other outlets are reporting it. C'mon guys, work those Google skills.

www.cnbc.com/2017/02/01/trump-struggles-to-connect-with-pacific-ally-australia-in-call-with-pm-turnbull.html

http://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-hangs-up-on-worst-call-by-far-with-australian-pm-10752827

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/02/trump-told-turnbull-refugee-agreement-was-the-worst-deal-ever-report

An Australian outlet for good measure:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/trump-slams-dumb-refugee-deal/8235820

And he really needs to get the hell off Twitter. He tweeted:

"Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!"

It's one thing to say something like that when campaigning but please now carry yourself in a presidential manner. Not to mention the insult to Australia. Oh and speaking of alternative facts:

"The President's tweet which incorrectly labels refugees "illegal immigrants" and cites "thousands" of people instead of 1,250 came just hours after details of his conversation with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, which Mr Trump reportedly described as "the worst by far", were published by the Washington Post."

Frankly an insult from the country whose 2 biggest income streams are money sent back from illegal aliens or even legal aliens and dope strikes a relatively minor note of fear.

WSS

I assume you are talking about Mexico. In any case, the summary of the article is that Trump suggested that he'd send the US Military down to Mexico if he didn't deal with their 'bad hombres'. If you are using the word 'insult' in response to my use of the word, then I was talking about insult in terms of Trump insulting Australia, not Mexico.

I assume you are talking about Mexico. In any case, the summary of the article is that Trump suggested that he'd send the US Military down to Mexico if he didn't deal with their 'bad hombres'. If you are using the word 'insult' in response to my use of the word, then I was talking about insult in terms of Trump insulting Australia, not Mexico.

Of course I'm talking about Mexico.

And do I believe that the Mexican Government ships some bad Hombres across the border to get rid of them? Yes I do. Just as I believe the Castro regime sent some bad hombres to the United States.

WSS

Sooooo its looking as if our boy is infact actually hanging up on not just foreign leaders, but close allies of ours. Awesome. I still hate the woman but good lord this man is so far making me regret staying home on election night. Elections have consequences evidently.

Australian PM says Trump did NOT hang up on him…

Apparently there has been more fake news coming from leaks about a phone call Trump had with the Australian PM yesterday. The call is being described as hostile and it’s been reported that Trump even hung up on the Australian leader.

It should be first pointed out that Trump indeed doesn’t like the deal Obama made with Australia and even tweeted about it:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

Sky News reports:

The future of the refugee deal between the United States and Australia remains unclear after President Donald Trump tweeted that the agreement is ‘a dumb deal.’

‘Do you believe it? The Obama administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia.Why? I will study this dumb deal!’ he wrote.

The comments come after revelations from the The Washington Post of a phone call between Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Donald Trump that was cut abruptly short after verbal clashes between the two leaders.

The report says the PM and President Trump came to verbal blows over the refugee deal the Australian government secured with the Obama administration.

But Turnbull says the call did not end abruptly and Trump didn’t hang up on him. He even said Trump agreed to honor Obama’s agreement to take the illegals, despite his tweet against the deal:

Malcolm Turnbull says despite a fiery tweet by Donald Trump today blasting a refugee agreement between Australia and the United States as a dumb deal, the US president has confirmed to him that he’ll honour it.

The prime minister has told Macquarie radio that the president’s press spokesman and the US embassy have also confirmed Mr Trump will honour the deal.

Mr Turnbull also denied Donald Trump hung up on him.

‘I want to make one observation about it, the report the president hung up is not correct, the call ended courteously.’

The Post quotes Trump as labelling the agreement ‘the worst deal ever’ and that he called the phone call the worst he had all day.

When asked by reporters about the exchange Prime Minister Turnbull refused to comment other than what he had already said.

‘I’m not going to comment on that report other than, as was already confirmed by the President’s official spokesman and the White House, that the President would honour the agreement we had with the White House,’ Mr Turnbull said.

http://therightscoop.com/australian-pm-says-trump-did-not-hang-up-on-him/

President of Mexico DEFENDS Trump call, says AP WRONG!!

All the hubbub last night over Trump threatening to send troops to Mexico was for naught, as both a US official and the spokesman for Mexico’s president have both now defended the call.

Eduardo Sanchez, spokesman for Mexico’s presidential office, said the conversation was respectful, not hostile or humiliating. “It is absolutely false that the president of the United States threatened to send troops to Mexico,” Sanchez said in an interview with Radio Formula on Wednesday night.

The Mexican Foreign Relations Department had earlier told The AP: “The negative statements you refer to did not occur during said telephone call. On the contrary, the tone was constructive.”

http://therightscoop.com/president-of-mexico-defends-trump-call-says-ap-wrong/

Id bet anything the australian pm was told to deny that story if he's hoping trump would honor the deal.

I agree with Trump. Why would the United States agree to take the refugees Australia refused?

After Australia rejected nearly 2,500 refugees from ‘terrorism hotspots,’ guess where they’re going

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/05/after-australia-rejected-nearly-2500-refugees-from-terrorism-hotspots-guess-where-theyre-going/

Australia Banishes Refugees To Island Detention Camps, And Trump’s The Meanie?

President Donald Trump was apparently too mean to Australia, a country that ruthlessly banishes refugees to island detention camps, if it doesn’t simply let them drown.

Australia bans all refugees who arrive illegally from ever setting foot in the country again, and sends them straight away to off-shore detention camps where they are confined indefinitely. Obama had agreed to take in more than 1,000 of these reject refugees, possibly in exchange for Australia agreeing to take in Central American refugees. The White House kept the details of the bizarre inter-continental refugee swap agreement classified, despite protests from Republicans in Congress.

The vast majority of the refugees Obama agreed to take in are from the Middle East and Africa. Many are from Iran, and others are from countries such as Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan.

“Do you believe it?” Trump tweeted after news of the tense phone call leaked to the press Wednesday. “The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!”

Australia Banishes Refugees To Island Detention Camps, And Trump’s The Meanie?

President Donald Trump was apparently too mean to Australia, a country that ruthlessly banishes refugees to island detention camps, if it doesn’t simply let them drown.

Australia bans all refugees who arrive illegally from ever setting foot in the country again, and sends them straight away to off-shore detention camps where they are confined indefinitely. Obama had agreed to take in more than 1,000 of these reject refugees, possibly in exchange for Australia agreeing to take in Central American refugees. The White House kept the details of the bizarre inter-continental refugee swap agreement classified, despite protests from Republicans in Congress.

The vast majority of the refugees Obama agreed to take in are from the Middle East and Africa. Many are from Iran, and others are from countries such as Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan.

“Do you believe it?” Trump tweeted after news of the tense phone call leaked to the press Wednesday. “The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!”

And they want to rid of them to the US. How dare Trump get angry!

Thank God for Trump. Finally, an end to the liberal bs.

I mean, the refugees Australia REFUSES to admit... obamao

wants them here, too?

I would have cancelled the deal - that is stupid. But, extreme vett them, if they are ok,

that's alright.

Turnbull is controversial, inconsistent, and was called "too f***ing sensitive" in his gov.

no big deal.

Nobodys blaming trump for challenging the deal, but he cant hang up on foreign leaders. And dealing with agreements made by past admins is something "EVERY" admin has to deal with.

And I'm being honest here. I don't doubt something like that could have happened. No idea what the conversation might have been that led up to it but recently I've become more and more convinced that we will never get a straight answer from the Press, their hatred is just out of hand and you can't trust anything they report. Which really sucks. And I have no idea how to counteract that.

WSS

that depends on what is being said by the other side.

If Turnbull smarts off, you hang up. You run your stupid mouth,

there's consequences. That is a hint to cleaveage litella and osirisboy

Archived