THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

jiggins7919

Gipper---Yeah, you're missing the point. Bengals could trade McCarron to any team and the results are exactly the same. Browns will want to control which draft picks are traded and where their draft picks go. If there's a problem making an intra-division trade it's on the Cleveland side.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gipper---Yeah, you're missing the point. Bengals could trade McCarron to any team and the results are exactly the same. Browns will want to control which draft picks are traded and where their draft picks go. If there's a problem making an intra-division trade it's on the Cleveland side.

I am not missing a goddamn thing. You are just double dumbass wrong. And, Since when do you speak for the Bengals front office? You really have oatmeal for brains.

Sure...the Bengals are going to trade a QB to about their closet rival....and that guy is going to come back and beat your teams brain out for the next 5 years.

Sure....like the Bengals are gonna do that.

Well, they released Gabriel and kept every one of their rookie wr draft picks. I thought that was FO arrogance. Coleman produced little, and the rest of the crew virtually nothing. So keep Coleman and DeValve, and get rid of the rest of the crew. :)

There's a few of us who thought (notably Tour) who felt cutting Gabriel was a mistake.

I see both sides I guess...

Knowing it was likely a teardown, would have also preferred TG over hawk, but saw the logic in Hue choosing hawk due to familiarity. But I thought TG just needed some more time, sophomore slump so to speak, to figure out the game. I try my best to analyze with as little hindsight as possible, and also keep in mind that maybe Hollywood or Payton see the same development....Just gotta wait for it...

HA! Glad to see you back here Choco.

Colt McCoy has to be thinking "where was Choco when I had about 60,000 Hatfields ready to kill me during my 3rd start?"

Thanks fluges! Football is fun to prognosticate, but even more so to watch playout. I do really hate the hindsight game... Particularly when backed by an agenda. Makes the subject matter and arguement rather than a discussion.

Interesting you chose .45 there...?

Nice of you to "notab".... ;)

I think I was making a case for his youth over Hawk, who you might also remember I wanted to trade after his "career" year with us. Just seemed the better fit with our youth movement and Hawk had a couple injury issues in 2015. However, the counter-case of keeping Hawk as a vet presence in the WR room had merit. Unfortunately now his concussed 2016 campaign has him considering retirement.

That said.... I do agree with Osiris that Gabe would not have had the kind of year here that he posted in ATL.

Well stated!

Gipper---You may be as stupid as I think you're pretending to be if you think any team worries about the Browns beating their brains out for 5 years in a row.

Your team is the worst in football and at least two years away from being two years away.

Maybe, maybe not. That remains to be seen. The Bengals WOULD be in fear of the opposite if they traded McCarron to the Browns.

But no one is as stupid as you who thinks they will make a trade in the division.

Again....come up with one. Show me ONE trade made between the Bengals and the Browns/Steelers/Ravens. One trade.

Sometimes it's funny the way you guys act like you've already got a QB.

LOL, we have several- they're just not very good.

I'm pretty sure we are all aware of our QB need...

It's just that we also know that flailing around for one is not productive... and it was a hard lesson to learn.

Other than one shot with Couch high first round, we've tried everything else multiple times. It's pretty universal that fans tend to way overvalue their teams players. Like Uma and boo. NFLN said a fair price for Jimmy is a second and something else.

Who's arguing that? If you want my 0.02 cents, see above. MHO? Anything more than a low 4th rounder for McCarron is nuts. I can use the same argument (slightly modified) I've been using on Boo. Dalton is no Brady. If McCarron is that damn good, he should easily beat out Andy, if in your mind he's worth a first round pick +.

Hoorta --- You're about the 5th or 6th Brownie to argue McCarron isn't worth today what the Bengals turned down in trade last year.

It's almost like you guys don't know the value of numbers.

...when he had an extra year on his contract.

Also, what someone is worth it the same as what someone is willing to pay.

gftChris --- Congrats, you're wrong on both counts. A persons worth is determined by what the high bidder will pay. What a brownie fan on the internet thinks is a mere curiosity and worthy only of contempt. Furthermore, it was recently ruled that because he wasn't able to practice as a rookie McCarron didn't accrue a season towards free agency. Thus, the Bengals can easily and cheaply keep him on the roster for the next 2 years, and that's exactly what I think they'll do if a team doesn't meet their trade demands. This isn't a fire sale.

Hey, did any of you dinks get a chance to read Daniel Jeremiah's recent NFL.com article where he asks 5 NFL GM types which current NFL QB's they would attempt to get if they were desperate for a new QB?

Two out of five specifically mentioned McCarron as the player they'd target, and one even suggested a trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick as a reasonable strategy.

None of the five felt trading for Garappolo or staying put to draft Trubisky was the answer. In fact, even Davis Webb got more votes than those guys.

And Dick Shiner wasn't mentioned at all.

gftChris --- Congrats, you're wrong on both counts. A persons worth is determined by what the high bidder will pay. What a brownie fan on the internet thinks is a mere curiosity and worthy only of contempt. Furthermore, it was recently ruled that because he wasn't able to practice as a rookie McCarron didn't accrue a season towards free agency. Thus, the Bengals can easily and cheaply keep him on the roster for the next 2 years, and that's exactly what I think they'll do if a team doesn't meet their trade demands. This isn't a fire sale.

Fair enough, I didn't know about the extra year on his contract - but that was the case a year ago as well, anyone doing their due diligence would know that, so it *was* the case.

I'm not going to get into fair market valuation, except to say that with quarterbacks, as we've discussed with Jimmy G, he'll either be 'worth' a whole lot because he's a franchise guy, or he's 'worth' nothing because he's not. Without knowing how he will turn out, it's difficult to arrive at a fair market valuation because it's essentially just a probability of success scaling between #1 overall pick and condition 2025 7th round pick, and each team will put a different number on him. Whoever puts the highest probability is, so the cliché goes, 'setting the market', but really they're likely overpaying, and if they were to turn around that same day and try to trade him, they wouldn't get as much as they gave up.

Hey, did any of you dinks get a chance to read Daniel Jeremiah's recent NFL.com article where he asks 5 NFL GM types which current NFL QB's they would attempt to get if they were desperate for a new QB?

Two out of five specifically mentioned McCarron as the player they'd target, and one even suggested a trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick as a reasonable strategy.

None of the five felt trading for Garappolo or staying put to draft Trubisky was the answer. In fact, even Davis Webb got more votes than those guys.

Which is another way of saying most of them didn't say McCarron.

Have I mentioned I like McCarron?

I fail to see where trading for McCarron would net us a QB.

The dude is butt

Isn't that what you said about Dak?

Also, what someone is worth it the same as what someone is willing to pay.

A persons worth is determined by what the high bidder will pay.

I guess high bidders aren't willing...

Do you split hairs professionally or is it just a hobby?

gftChris --- Wrong again. Of the 5 GM types polled McCarron was mentioned twice, more than any other QB. The trade cost was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I found it amusing how none of the GM's cast a single vote in favor of trading for Garappolo or drafting Trubisky.

The Browns are barely relevant and you think another team would be afraid to trade with them?

Yeah, that's the smoke shoveler I remember.

Always quick to answer the trivia question nobody bothered to ask.

Dayton Triangles! Dick Shiner! The Cleveland Browns!

Yes.....the Bengals are afraid to trade with them.....because they believe that if they trade a QB to them...it could mean the Browns would become relevent.

(Besides...The Browns will be relevent sooner than the Bengals will be in terms of vying for a championship anyway)

I will say this: I agree that I want no part of a trade for McCarron.

Hoorta --- You're about the 5th or 6th Brownie to argue McCarron isn't worth today what the Bengals turned down in trade last year.

It's almost like you guys don't know the value of numbers.

Don't know about the value of numbers. We know the value of QBs. (at least the fans do..not sure about our FOs)

And if the Bengals believed that McCarron is worth more than the Browns are willing to pay..then they should have taken the deal from the other team.

Well....perhaps the first thing you said in this thread that makes sense. McCarron knows their system....they may have confidence in him as a backup QB....and he comes cheap...thus they should just keep him...unless overwhelmed with a trade offer.

Gip---You admit the Browns aren't relevant, but insist teams are afraid to trade with them now? Sounds to me like you're still trying to shovel smoke up a flight of stairs.

As for you not wanting any part of a trade for McCarron, well....I told you the problem would be on your end.

Choking on the cost to acquire a QB is your job, not mine.

It doesn't matter what others think. It matters what Sashi Brown, Andrew Berry, and Hue Jackson think.

Those 5 GMs that were asked apparently ARE NOT desperate for a new QB. Jeremiah should reveal who he asked. If those were the GMs of the Bears, 49ers, Jets, Cardinals, and Browns....then the article may have some relevency. Otherwise it is just folderol.

gftChris --- Wrong again. Of the 5 GM types polled McCarron was mentioned twice, more than any other QB. The trade cost was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I found it amusing how none of the GM's cast a single vote in favor of trading for Garappolo or drafting Trubisky.

Provide the link. Because honestly....we don't trust your interpretation.

Gip---You need a link to NFL.com?

You mean this article, where one NFL GM said McCarron, two said Romo, one said Cousins and the other said Davis Webb?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785953/article/ask-5-which-qb-would-you-pursue-this-offseason

You mean this article, where one NFL GM said McCarron, two said Romo, one said Cousins and the other said Davis Webb?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785953/article/ask-5-which-qb-would-you-pursue-this-offseason

OK, well....everyone has an asshole....some have two....and everyone has an opinion...some have more than two.

Archived