THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

jiggins7919

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words fail to express how much I'd hate this...

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns take Myles Garrett, trade 4 picks to Pats for Garoppolo

by Will Brinson

Browns send:

• 2017 1st round pick (No. 12 overall)
  • 2017 2nd round pick (No. 33 overall)
  • 2017 2nd round pick (No. 52 overall)
  • 2018 2nd round pick (TBD, Cleveland’s original)

Patriots send:

• QB Jimmy Garoppolo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-browns-take-myles-garrett-trade-4-picks-to-pats-for-garoppolo/

Just another mook with a computer that can sling any shit he wants.

His opinion on what it would take to make a trade is no more meaningful than PoG's opinion.

This sounds like a PoG kind of trade.

I think that was just a takeoff from the year they traded their entire draft for Hershel Walker... and other

time when they traded all those pics for ...Ricky Williams.

Cringe worthy.

Something is up for NE to have no picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

A deal is in place somewhere.

Possibly- but I wouldn't count on it- as I said earlier "Trading for Cooks with their #32 and more means the Patriots are all in to win the SB this season. I'm not buying that sets up the Jimmy trade to recoup the pick. The obvious reason is should Brady get hurt either for an extended period, or in the playoffs and Garropolo is on another team, that Super Bowl win goes "poof". Jacoby Brissett- that's the ticket to the Promised Land."

So you trade Jimmy, Brady gets hurt, and where does that leave you? If you want to tell me Brissette is every bit as good as Garropolo- well, that certainly tells me Jimmy isn't worth anywhere near what the media Bill butt-sniffers are making him out to be. Notice what that CBC crackhead pegged Jimmy's worth at? I seriously doubt any team in the NFL would give up a two firsts and three seconds for Brady at this point in his career- much less Garropolo.

Couple of points. The Browns FO have probably run the analytics and have a market price on what they'd be willing to pay for Garropolo. They didn't cave into Pryor's demands, though it sure could be argued he was being counted on to be part of the team come fall. I will damn guarantee you they're not going to cave to fan and media pressure to give up more than what they think a guy who's not even on their roster is worth. The only way you're going to get a haul of picks is if Sashi, DoPo, and Hue are 100% convinced Jimmy is a bonafide long term franchise qb. What Maycock and his ilk might think doesn't mean shit in Berea.

Second- All this trade rumor BS is just that- rumors. The Browns are running a pretty tight ship. No one- other than that one blogger who had a crystal ball saw the Osweiler trade coming. The Patriots trading for Cooks based on what the Browns may or may not do isn't very bright. The Browns maneuvering on what the Patriots might do- ditto. LOL, the Browns can always tell Bill "sorry, we changed our minds about Jimmy, too bad, so sad." If you don't think almost every other team in the NFL would love to stick it to the Patriots, you'd be wrong. I've pointed out- the Browns haven't even done private workouts with quarterbacks like Watson, Trubisky and Kizer. Got an explanation why the Browns would even bother wasting their time doing that if they already had a trade in the works with New England? If they see better long term potential in the new guys, they're not going to be spending multiple picks on Jimmy- for sure. Again, it's not Maycock's or Jeremiah's opinion of the 2017 qbs, the only opinion that's going to matter is the guys in Berea.

Brock Osweiler played decently when starting for the Broncos. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him go to NE if/when we make the trade for JG. I'm not saying Osweiler is "amazing" or anything, but if he played well enough in Denver that they wanted him back (and they DID btw), then why can't he be a backup QB for the championship team?

It's going to happen. I'll believe it until it literally DOESN'T happen.

Could be conditional on the 2018 pick where Garrapolo has to meet certain conditions.

Was listening to Jeff Schwartz (Mitch's brother) today NFL radio. He was not sure if the Browns gained the 12th pick via trade last season, if that pick 12 may not even be trade-able? If this is such a thing? Our pick at 12 maybe your player we pick than trade in deal? Who you want at 12? ( I still feel 33 & 4th is max & I believe Jeff maybe wrong on this too)

Was listening to Jeff Schwartz (Mitch's brother) today NFL radio. He was not sure if the Browns gained the 12th pick via trade last season, if that pick 12 may not even be trade-able? If this is such a thing? Our pick at 12 maybe your player we pick than trade in deal? Who you want at 12? ( I still feel 33 & 4th is max & I believe Jeff maybe wrong on this too)

Of course the pick is tradeable. Who do I want @ #12? Trubisky. Might even trade up some to get him.

Brock Osweiler played decently when starting for the Broncos. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him go to NE if/when we make the trade for JG. I'm not saying Osweiler is "amazing" or anything, but if he played well enough in Denver that they wanted him back (and they DID btw), then why can't he be a backup QB for the championship team?

It's going to happen. I'll believe it until it literally DOESN'T happen.

The Garropolo fans are dreaming up every scenario in their minds why the Browns 100% NEED Jimmy. Well, there's an equal a number of valid reasons why they DON'T. Two games is hardly enough data points to brand Jimmy as anything more than 90 some NFL passes, and then he got hurt. Really- you think Bill told Sashi to get Osweiler so he could be the Patriots backup quarterback when we trade for Garropolo? Don't think so. I'll swap New England Osweiler for Garropolo straight up- and even pay some of his salary. Backup for a backup. Sounds as "fair" to me as the CBS bozo saying Garropolo is worth two firsts and three seconds.

Of course the pick is tradeable. Who do I want @ #12? Trubisky. Might even trade up some to get him.

I believe you spoke of a family friend of a UNC fan living in NC? Am a UNC fan myself. Go by what he's telling you :) Mitch will be forced to play & he is just not ready for it..Happy Patty Day(Patting is one issue)

Celebrating St Pats day?

I dont understand.

No damn way Gabe would even consider coming back to Browns. Hue & Hawk burnt that bridge. Just like many before with Farmer. Haslem has shown no stability with no one GM. His theory is the coach goes too..Till this changes.nothing changes but who's guy stays & the others go (systems flush)..need to buy a vowel? This mess is Far from Pats Gods Country..

Clipboard Jesus was saved. Ran out of pocket & his knee cap seemed to disconnect from his leg. The Lord works in mysterious way. Even Jesus hit the Injury Report :o Only in Believe Land Baby!!

If the Browns quit getting rid of their good players they can be a playoff team. Departed Jordan Cameron and Gabriel is a nice start on offensive play makers. Add a couple of WRs and Crowell and thats a pretty good group of weapons.

Garropolo needs some decent talent around him. Hes not Jesus.

Regarding Cameron- we keep closer track Boo. he retired from the Dolphins this year after 43 catches and around 440 yards in two seasons. Multiple concussions. One lucky move letting a player walk. Quite a few guys on this forum wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel over one of their WR draft picks that wound up doing nada. Alex Mack wasn't staying regardless.

LOL guy, regarding Jimmy not being Jesus- some of the media are pumping him up so high, you would think he is. To show you how much the crackhead CBS guy thinks Jimmy is worth, I'll just pull the #12, and #33 picks from the 2014 draft. Odell Beckham, and Xavier Sua-Filo. AND the Browns first round pick AND the Browns three rounders the following year. Patently ridiculous. Bill would probably trade Jimmy for Odell Beckam straight up without a second thought. The number of picks the Browns have in 2017 and 2018 will allow them to control the first two rounds. I can't see them sending a good number of picks to the Patriots, when they can actually build a TEAM if they hit on 1\2 of them.

I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

I'm not very vocal, but after the preseason he had leading up to his release, I felt as though he had earned a spot on the team. He was the only guy consistently making plays for the offence. Looked like he had taken a step forward.

I wanted to cut Hawkins instead of Gabe.

To be entirely fair, there are quite a few of you guys who make me feel like a complete moron on this board. I mean that in the most complimentary way... I learn a lot. As a result, two ears/one mouth for the majority of the time. It wouldn't surprise me if I didn't make myself more heard at the time of Gabriel's release.

As soon as Shanahan left, Gabriel's 17.3 yards per catch dropped to 8.6 yards per catch (28 rec for 241 yards) under Flip in 2015. And his TD reception volume of 1 dropped to 0. Even though Kyle had a reputation for being a brat that didn't always play well with others, the last FO was the one that rubbed him the wrong way enough to want out (ie; Farmer calling down to the sideline like the professional that he was allegedly). And when your QBing isn't experienced, accurate or reliable, a catch radius of Tom Thumb isn't going to be Gabriel's ideal situation.

The good news for Gabriel is he got a chance to go back to the Offensive Coach he previously played his best football for here. Meatballs on spaghetti, included a Pro Bowl & MVP QB Matt Ryan as well as a WR like Julio Jones commanding all the attention and double teams to ease the matchups of teammates. My last memory of Taylor Gabriel was a bubble screen gone wrong in St Louis that had the Ethiopian distance runner build of Travis Benjamin on the apex of it to lead block against the physical secondary of the Rams. What could possibly go wrong with that Flip? That was like giving a box of matches to a pyromaniac and asking him to be careful. Gabriel ended up with a concussion and post traumatic stress syndrome so a coaching staff can make a difference. For example, when Flip was OC - Pryor wasn't even good enough to make the team in spite of looking like our best WR throughout training camp/preseason games. Having said that, they did bring back the unemployed WR that no other NFL teams wanted too late in the season for Flip to want to play the lad on game day right?

As for WRs we cut prior to Gabriel:

Lance Moore and Willie Snead both went to the passing game in New Orleans to contribute way better numbers than they would have ever had here.

I keep hearing how Gabe(or those other WR's) did so well with another "coach".....but would suck here.....

Which makes me ask why our coach cant get good results with our players???....isnt he supposed to be an offensive guru?

Look....if a player shows he can excel in the NFL, then he has what it takes........and if one coach can get peak production from him, while another cant...then it's not the player that needs to go......why cant people see that?

Even our previous staffs could stir up a few wins, with a shit team.....but 1-15 isnt much of an argument for a coach getting the most from his team....

Add to that talent evaluation.....just because you can coach, doesnt mean you know talent.....and I think Hue struggles greatly with this aspect and isnt really sure who to keep....who to cut....who to play.....and where....

I keep hearing how Gabe(or those other WR's) did so well with another "coach".....but would suck here.....

Which makes me ask why our coach cant get good results with our players???....isnt he supposed to be an offensive guru? - Mud

Is this a bad time to remind you Pettine's hand selected OC (Flip) only got 8.6 yards per catch and 0 TDs from Gabriel in his 28 receptions here in 2015? He didn't play for Cleveland in 2016; but it's nice to see you finally noticed his regression under Pettine prior to performing much better for his new HC in Atlanta. Just out of curiosity, why did Shanahan have such an urgency to leave Cleveland after only 1 season if things were going so perfect here?

Should we all pretend that the current staff didn't just get 77 receptions for over 1000 yards receiving out of a 1st year starter at WR (Pryor)? The previous regime/coaching staff CUT his ass only to bring him back so late in the year they were terrified to start him. Just out of curiosity, what other NFL team did we have to compete with to sign the unemployed WR? None of the other 31 teams? Somebody got remarkable progress out of that in 2016...

In spite of the absence of Mack and Schwartz, Crow was averaging about 6.4 yards per carry during the stretch of 2016 games we had both starting OGs playing. He finished at 4.8 yards per carry so somebody had to be doing something right...

Did Joe Thomas stop making Pro Bowls?

It looks like the offensive guys who were talented enough to play well - played well in the first year of a regime change. And yes, we know that you're not going to allow any rookie learning curves on your watch. - Flugel

Look....if a player shows he can excel in the NFL, then he has what it takes........and if one coach can get peak production from him, while another cant...then it's not the player that needs to go...... - Mud

Flip did go but you're the only one with the prolonged anger about it. When Hue was the OC in Cincy in 2015 they were 12-4. They went 6-9-1 the very next year without him. As for Flip, Oakland only won 3 games when he was their QB Coach. The first year Oakland replaced Flip, they won 7 games before they improved again 1 year later with 12 wins. I'm guessing they missed him about as much as Miley Cyrus misses her last case of crabs.

I have to believe if some defensive linemen are better suited for a 4-3 alignment/scheme over a 3-4 - then I'm also under the impression that some WRs are better suited for Different offensive designs than others. For example, Hue likes taller targets on the perimeter so his most effective guy was Pryor. In Cincy, he loved lining up a 6-6 Tyler Eifert like a WR and got 13 TD receptions out of him in a lineup that also included a 6-4 AJ Green, a 6-2 Marvin Jones and a 6-2 Mohamed Sanu in the slot. He preferred the bigger targets, which also means there's a better place for Gabriel (especially when the QB was accurate enough to accommodate his little catch radius in tighter windows). - Flugel

just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

That's the mantra, coach is the savior and then coach is the scapegoat.

Kyle Shanahan wanted out if this tire fire and was trashed for sucking. Got Atlanta to the Super Bowl and is now a head coach in the NFL. Do I think he's Bill Walsh, no, but his departure speaks more to the lack of knowledge in the organization than his shortcomings as a coach.

That's the mantra, coach is the savior and then coach is the scapegoat.

Kyle Shanahan wanted out if this tire fire and was trashed for sucking. Got Atlanta to the Super Bowl and is now a head coach in the NFL. Do I think he's Bill Walsh, no, but his departure speaks more to the lack of knowledge in the organization than his shortcomings as a coach.

Well he's not here so fuck him in the ass with a Pinecone.

;)

WSS

HA! If it's not relevant, why attack this staff for Gabriel's regression in 2015? Gabriel never played for this staff so who's getting their regimes wrong?

If you're all bothered that Gabriel and his tiny little catch radius wasn't impressing his position coach Al Saunders from the lack of accuracy of the QBs here in training camp, your perfect regime could have drafted Derek Carr or Jimmy Garapollo in round 2. Let's just pretend there were zero land mines to overcome like you want to do.

This staff got 77 receptions for over 1000 yards out of a first year starter at WR (Pryor). The last staff cut him only to bring him back so late they didn't have the balls to play him.

Of course you're comparing this staff and regime to the previous one. It's all you've been doing whether your cognizant of it or not. If you'd rather stay angry about how much you hate Sashi and Hue - keep on keepin on...

Archived