THE BROWNS BOARD

POST SENIOR BOWL BROWNS’ MOCK DRAFT

Tiott

1st Pick : Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M

The best talent in the draft who happens to play at a premium position. This would form one of the best d-line in football with him, Ogbah, Shelton and even Nassib ala Giants. No brainer.

12th Pick : Marshon Lattimore, CB Ohio State

Him and Tabor carry the same grade for me but Lattimore doen’t have the off-field concerns Tabor has. Marshon has range and smooth hips. He can run with everybody and has great closing speed. A playmaker with the ball in his hands, he can become one of the premier player at his position.

33rd Pick : Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech

There it is. It might be a slight reach here but we don’t have the choice. He is still a good value because he is really talented. His body, arm and toughness scream AFC North. But he will require some time but I trust Hue on this one because he would be the most talented QB he has coached in Cleveland. His footwork and his mechanics are out of control sometimes but the tools are there.

52nd Pick : Desmond King, S Iowa

This is a man crush here. I think he is too short and not fast enough to be an outside cover corner but I believe he is smart enough and tough enough to be a great safety and nickel corner. He posseses elite ball skills and is stout against the run. Let him do his things deep and the Browns got themselves a 10 years starter.

65th Pick : Jamaal Williams, RB BYU

Running back was probably the best position group last year. But Crowell is a RFA this year and who knows what might happen. This running back class is one of the best of the decade and it would be smart to take advantage of it. Williams would be a steal at this point. He is a one cut physical runner who reminds me of Demarco Murray.

4th Round (Compensatory) : Vincent Taylor, DT Oklahoma State

With Garrett, Shelton and Ogbah set on the d-line, Bryant is the only question mark. He is still a good player but he will be 32 next season and didn’t play a single snap last year. So the Browns should be looking for his potential replacement. Taylor is quick off the snap on passing downs and handles blockers well in the running game which make him a complete prospect with a high ceilling.

4th Round (Compensatory) : Jon Toth, C Kentucky

I believe the Browns should be very agressive in order to sign JC Tretter to be the new starting center. Butl it’s still far from done. Outside of QB, this is the biggest hole on offence. Toth is an athletic and experienced center with strengh who is a terrific run blocker. He also uses his hands well on passing downs. He was really good in the senior bowl againts bigtime competition.

128th Pick : Kendell Beckwith, LB LSU

Kirksey was pretty good last season and earned his chance to be the starting inside backer next season. But I still have my douts about him. Plus he doen’t have a backup right now. Beckwith is a true inside force against the run who can tackle everybody. He also showed some nice moves in space on passing downs. A nice developing piece.

158th Pick : Adam Bisnowaty, OG Pitt

The Browns have a really solid guard duo in Bitonio and Greco. But both suffered the same foot injury last year and might not be ready for the beginning of next year. Also Greco isn’t getting any younger and they still need depth along the o-line. Bisnowaty played mostly has a tackle but will benefit from moving inside. He showed well at that spot at the senior bowl.

5th Round (Compensatory) : Michael Roberts, TE Toledo

Barnidge is one of our best veteran but just like Greco and Bryant, he isn’t getting any younger. Devalve is a nice project but he needs competition for the TE2 spot. Roberts is a local guys who catches balls like oranges with his huge hands and is a prolific red-zone threat with upside.

176th Pick : Stacy Coley, WR Miami

Pryor and Coleman will secure the outside receiver spots. But the WR3/slot spot is a question mark. The second year wideouts will have a chance to compete as well as Hawkins but Coley offers better speed and route running. He could also run outside routes and be succesfull. He is also a threat as a returner. Good value.

​Let me know what you think !

Rumors are back & real on Jimmy G. If Pats really "Want to" deal Jimmy? We own the highest 2nd rounder with the 4th rounder.Jimmy G.>MaHomo's at #33.(including who's left in draft at QB) I'll take the returning fresh mix of Des.Bryant, Meder & a returning Niles Samples that can play a 4-3..Tyrod Taylor we could deal for Less. A blocking TE values higher than a group of 4 at Center position for now. As for RB, we picked up a kid from Dallas late, that Dallas did not want to lose per their site. Let's just see, what FO knows? Counting $ Crow's will get overpaid imo..

Archived